Changing Ammo

I purchased some Fiocchi 22 LR HP Subsonic for my squirrel rifle and it changed my aim point. Wanted the ammo because it is quiter, out of respect for my neighbors. Was shooting regular Winchester 22 LR HP out of the Marlin Mdl 60 and it would shoot 1/2" moa consistently off sandbags. However, when I stocked her with the Subsonic, I could tell it was shooting a little low. Turned out it was about 1" low and 1 1/2" right also. Wondered why I was missing some squirrels.  Got her back on now.

I have had a squirrel problem for 2 years now and I cannot let them get overpopulated again. They cost me over 3,500.00 the year I started thinning them out. I don't eat them because TWRA said I couldn't. Only during Hunting Season and with a Hunting License. I got some fat critters around. 

Battled them suckers for a year and finally started winning. You got a problem, you take care of it, if one is forced too!

• Like 2

There was a thread on squirrel problems a year or so ago. It was full of horrible atrocities on the hapless little vritters! LOL!

My fat pets chewed thru the fuel lines and sening units on the POS Ford I had then. Got rid of the truck after that incident. Cost me almost 800 with the tow.

I know this is small change compared to some isses the tree rats cause, just my tale.

They chewed my gas line off my truck, chewed a hole in one of my tanks on our RV, chewed the wires off a sensor on my Trail Blazer parked in my drive, were attacking our house trying to get into the attic, and coming in my garage chewing on everything. Yes,  a lot of damage. 

• 1 month later...