suppressor transfer

Looking at suppressors online. Which shops in Nashville would take care of the paperwork for me? I talked to a local shop and they were willing to do it but stated I would have to go somewhere and pay to have my fingerprints done. I figured this would be something that the gun store would do onsite. Please advise

I know OnTarget had a kiosk at their locations. Is that what its used for??/

It has been 10 years since I was a Class 3 dealer but back then dealers did not do the fingerprints or passport size photos that you needed. The fingerprints were done at your local law enforcement department. Now I think the fingerprints are usually done at a mail center and the photos are done at Walgreens or someplace like that that takes passport photos. I do not know of any dealers that do the prints and photos. I see you are in Maryville. Bobby Cash at Volunteer State Armory in Lenoir City is a Class 3 dealer and could probably do the transfer for you.

Edited by Eray

I just did a suppressor this last year. Photo was done at walgreens, fingerprints were done at my local Sheriff's office/County jail. Took them both in the the FFL who assisted filling out the Form 1 and we set it off. 7 months later, ATF sent it back approved. 

There is a LGS in Clarksville that does it all, for an additional fee of course. Not sure if their turn around time is better since they do E-Form instead of the paper form I did. 

Yeah I think if in Maryville then Tennessee Silencer is the place to go. If I remember right they are just outside of Maryville in Seymour. Volunteer State Armory in Lenoir City is a class 3 dealer but I had to go to sheriff to fingerprint and Walgreens for picture. I completed my paperwork and sent in nearly a year ago and I’m assuming the Biden ATF are dragging there feet or maybe I am a criminal who can legally buy guns but not class 3 items. Mine is a 2 stamp application don’t know if it takes longer for a Can and a sbr.

i love Mr Cash in Lenoir city but wish I would have just went to TN Silencer. 

3 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

https://www.tennesseesilencer.com/

Last time I got a can (3+ yrs) they did it all.  Good people to deal with.

• Like 1

I have used the old fashioned method of going to get fingerprinted a few times.  A bit of a pain especially as there are two of us in my trust that need to have it done.  This last purchase I used Silencer Shop and a local dealer in Nashville.  Everything with them was fine but using the Kiosk for the prints was absolutely frustrating.  I almost stopped the process and went and had someone do the physical prints for me again.  Hopefully, they will still be usable if I make another purchase.  The UPS store will take electronic fingerprints as well and places like National Gun Trusts implement them.  I am not aware that the ATF will accept them unless they are transferred to a physical card, though (additional expense).

I have also ordered some cards for myself to keep on hand and fingerprint ink and pad as well.  It doesn't hurt to have the cards in case you want to do it yourself or the place you go to is short on inventory.  I have never done it myself but know an employee at a local dealer who has done it himself numerous times.

Tennessee Silencer sounds like a win to me, especially as you appear to be close to them.

I have used silencershop twice and their process makes it very simple.  You can take the pictures yourself with your phone and use their kiosk to do the fingerprints.  Once they have you in their system you can buy em online like anything else and once the man approves them you get to go pick them up.

4 hours ago, FrankD said:

I have used silencershop twice and their process makes it very simple.  You can take the pictures yourself with your phone and use their kiosk to do the fingerprints.  Once they have you in their system you can buy em online like anything else and once the man approves them you get to go pick them up.

Can I use the silencer shop kiosk even if not purchasing through them?