Are Gun Rebates a Sign of a Slowing Economy?

eRay

18 hours ago, deerslayer said:

What's wrong with the P10?  They hold their own in the competitive world and I know several people who carry a P10C.

I have no clue whatsoever why the general public didn't like them. @NoBanStan and I talked to the reps a couple of times at the NRA Convention about the P-10 series. He admitted it wasn't as big of a seller as they expected.

For me my biggest issue with the P-10 is the quality of the polymer they used. If you compare CZ plastic to the plastic used by S&W, Sig, Springfield, Ruger, etc it's shiny and slippery. The other mfg have a dull/matte look to them and are far less slick. To a lesser degree the trigger felt a little spongy, kind of like the early Glocks that felt like plastic was bending before the trigger broke.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BigK said:

I have no clue whatsoever why the general public didn't like them. @NoBanStan and I talked to the reps a couple of times at the NRA Convention about the P-10 series. He admitted it wasn't as big of a seller as they expected.

For me my biggest issue with the P-10 is the quality of the polymer they used. If you compare CZ plastic to the plastic used by S&W, Sig, Springfield, Ruger, etc it's shiny and slippery. The other mfg have a dull/matte look to them and are far less slick. To a lesser degree the trigger felt a little spongy, kind of like the early Glocks that felt like plastic was bending before the trigger broke.

It really does feel cheap in the hand sadly. How about another Phantom? I like that one 🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

It really does feel cheap in the hand sadly. How about another Phantom? I like that one 🙂

HECK YES!! That one was made with really good plastic. Why couldn't they make that frame in striker-fired.

There’s an internet rumor that CZ’s new line will be only optic ready. 

I read that as they actually had very good production during Covid, read the market and ramped up production. They missed,  first time gun buyers during Covid panic bought a firearm and aren’t true firearm enthusiasts who own multiple guns. My read is that they have inventory and are trying to unload. There’s unreal deals on CZ right now. 

Every “guntuber” keeps hinting that they’re dropping a new line. I have no opinion either way but this is what the internet is saying while I listen in the background  

• Like 1

CZ P10s are excellent guns. But they arrived late to the "plastic fantastic" party after people had already loaded up with Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, S&Ws, Springfield Armory's, etc.

But late to the party means you get to fix what others may have got wrong. The P10 trigger is one of the best in the "plastic fantastic" genre. Solid wall with a crisp'ish release (relative to the competition.) The stippling/grip texture is very aggressive but not 'cut your skin' level, which is what you want in a slippery plastic gun. You will not be losing control of a P10 even with wet (bloody?) hands. Then there is the grip angle and feel; it is CZ75 level great. A swing & a hit there. Mag capacity is top tier, too. The CZ P10F holds 19+1 stock. That's a lot of ammo onboard, right out of the box.

The best for last? Accuracy! The CZ easily outshoots my Glocks, Springfield Armory, & Smith & Wesson. I like accurate guns. They are really the only interesting guns. CZ did well here.

The CZ P10s are a "best buy" right now. Take advantage if you can. You won't have these prices for long. All good things come to an end. Wish I had bought me a Ruger 77/357 when they were "only" $750. Now you can't get a new one at all (supposedly they are 'arriving soon' with an MSRP approaching $1300! Ewww...) 

It's probably time for me to sell my SA XDm 9mm and get another CZ P10. Those Glocks in the safe probably shouldn't be getting too comfortable either. CZ is making good product. Why the general shooting public isn't catching on to this is beyond me, but people that "know" and shoot a lot have noticed. Once others get on the bandwagon, the prices will creep back up. I'm hoping to make some CZ "hay" before then.

On topic with Gun Rebates - the economy is slowly descending into the crapper. Credit cards are maxed out, defaults on that debt grows daily and sales of homes & cars is decelerating. Bidenomics (aka, inflation) has taken a toll on middle class spending for discretionary items. Gun makers realize they need to incentivize NOW to capture sales & clear inventory before things completely tank. That's how I'm seeing it. Time will tell for sure.

Edited by Frog4aday
Misspelled "solid" (was solud...doh!)
  • Like 2