OUTPOST Armory/restautant/gas station

Guest mustangdave

Guest mustangdave

OK...it would been nice to know this going in....wife, bro in law and myself took a trip down to the Outpost...after all the good "press" here on TGO I figured...shoot I got a couple hours to "kill" lets go check out a GUN SHOP...Lets just say I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw when I pulled off I-24...its truly a ONE STOP SHOP...getcha some munchies...gas...ammo and guns....and a nice selection of weaponry too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped in this past Sat. Talk about sticker shock! Romanian 700rd tins for 200? Way out of my price range. I guess I will keep looking to find a place that is a lot lower on their price than this place. Sorry if this makes the people that own or work there mad. But there are a lot of us out here that don't have that kind of money. I like my SKS rifle, but the ammo prices have gotten way out of hand. gearyr

• Administrator

@gearyr - I doubt they will be offended but those prices are better than what I've seen from most online "deep discount" vendors, plus they actually have it in stock. Good luck with your quest for finding it cheaper and more readily available.

I stopped in this past Sat. Talk about sticker shock! Romanian 700rd tins for 200? Way out of my price range. I guess I will keep looking to find a place that is a lot lower on their price than this place. Sorry if this makes the people that own or work there mad. But there are a lot of us out here that don't have that kind of money. I like my SKS rifle, but the ammo prices have gotten way out of hand. gearyr

In defense of The Outpost (and gunshops in general) I think you need to take a look around and see what other people are charging before you get all bent out of shape over those prices.

If you DO find it cheaper, make sure that they actually have it IN STOCK, and arent just advertising some old price, with no availability.

Not a day goes by, where we dont get some guy bitching moaning about the price of ammo. We hate these prices as much or more than you do!

Guess what? Gunshops are making less on ammo now, than they were 2 years ago when it was half the price.

Does it suck to pay 200 bucks for 700 rounds?

Well, it was cheaper a few years ago, but then again; my Dad can remember when candy bars only cost a nickel.....

Guest Irish_Red

Well I took the wife and kids to Chattanooga this weekend and we stopped by the Outpost on our way down.

I have to say this was a very nice store with a great selection of both guns and ammo. The staff was very helpful and I will be back there again.

I did buy some ammo and looked real hard at a couple ARs they had I would definitely recommend stopping by and seeing the place for yourself.

Candy bars only cost a nickle! Oh,I'm really pissed now! :D

You guys have any 9mm cases laying around?

ETA; I'm also looking for some 38spl by the case. pm me some prices if you dont wanna post public

Edited by strickj
Guest mustangdave
@gearyr - I doubt they will be offended but those prices are better than what I've seen from most online "deep discount" vendors, plus they actually have it in stock. Good luck with your quest for finding it cheaper and more readily available.

Gotta agree here...just re-enforces that you need to shop around.

Candy bars only cost a nickle! Oh,I'm really pissed now! :D

You guys have any 9mm cases laying around?

ETA; I'm also looking for some 38spl by the case. pm me some prices if you dont wanna post public

No.

I'm waiting on my shipment of ammo to come in. Should be here sometime this week.

Guest IzzyIsaac

Yeah me and my buddy were headed down to Winchester one day a little over a week ago when our other friend told us about 'the outpost' that just opened up and so we stopped in on the way just to check it out. It's nice to see pallets of ammo i must say. He wanted to make sure there wasnt something that caught his eye in winchester but Hero didn't have just the right 1911 at the time (he wanted one THAT day), although, they did have some amazing nighthawks and wilsons! :stare: On the way back to the boro we pulled right back in to The Outpost and i think it was Rick that helped us out. By the time they closed that evening, he was in the .45 family at last...it was a glorious moment.

Well, I'll be going by the store twice tomorrow, 1st very early and the 2nd very late.:mad: Guess I won't be able to check it out. I have bought gas there before though.:hat:

Well I actually snuck out of class early and stopped by. Very nice store. Met Mike and he was very helpful. Theonly problem I had was not having enough money for all the toys I wanted.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guitarsail

I stop by the outpost everytime I go work in Atlanta...and have always seemed to spent most of my perdiem at this place...;) Great store! Hopefully in a week or two you'll still have boxes of 7.62x54