Mini Shotgun shells

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering if anyone has ever shot any of those mini shotgun shells in their gun? If so how did they do?

Do you have a duel scheduled with Mini-Me?

Seriously, I've never even seen one, but a quick Google indicates that many shotguns, both pump and semi-auto have feeding or ejecting issues with them, so might depend on your gun.

Sounds good for S/S and O/U for fun, though.

- OS

I have some,and absolutely love them!

The recoil they produce is kinda like a midgets fart! Poof :tough:

They do have loading problems though,and you will need to rotate your shotty sideways-ejector up when cycling them.

Reason being is they're so small they will sometimes pop off the elevator sideways.

I wouldn't use them for anything but fun target practice because of this,and I'm not even sure if they're powerful enough for steel in competitions.

They're made by Aguila,and ammotogo did have them very cheap by the case last time I ordered some,but it seems they are out at the moment.

Edit;I believe they do come in slugs,and buck too,but I think Ive only seen them at ATG in bird

Guest IzzyIsaac

I found like 3 of them in my stepdad and mine's gun cabinet not to long ago? I have no clue where they came from, nor have a shot them. They are black, that's all i know. I did not know if it was a special gun you needed with them or not so I let them be.

I have some and they work fine in my Mossy 500. Don't try them in a semi-auto, though. There isn't enough gas to work the action properly. The main benefit is for tight spaces where a full load may be a problem. they will work fine out to 25 yrds. You can also get an extra two rounds in a pump due to their OAL. Pretty neat, but i would test them fairly extensively in your gun before using them for SD.

Guest Mugster

** i only want the fired, empty hull for possible reloading**

If anyone has some of the short hulls they want to get rid of, I'd like to acquire a few. If your close to the burro i'll buy you a cup of coffee or something or I probably have .45/.40/9mm brass...could throw you a handfull or something. I'd only want 20-30. Might come in handy for something sometime, who knows.

Guest clownsdd

We used them "in the old days" for skeet & trap. Run thru Remington 1142, 1100, 870 just fine, never had problems 'cept when the paper hulled ones would jam in the autos duck hunting 'cause of the cold I guess.

Guest FroggyOne2

He is speaking of Aguila Shotgun ammo. The make a mini shotgun round or at least they did.. haven't seen any of them in a long time. But then, I haven't been looking for them either.

I have some and and tried them JUST FOR FUN! I have an 870 Remington and there is a problem with feeding if you do not rack the action hard. Accuracy is not that great, but just something to plink with have fun.

My .02