Neighbor stopped me while I was walking my dog in the middle of our street, holding a rifle. Told me I better not do it again...can he do that ?

12 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Yup, feels like someone hoping to fish out some outage responses.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:11 PM, Sleep profit said:

Trolling 

Yes and let's give him one,

GET YOUR PUNK A$$ OUT OF HERE

Yes I know he has not been on since the first post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a old former LEO, (in another state), my first thought was that the dispatcher/police officer blew you off because they didn't feel that it arose to a crime without bothering with an investigation. That's wrong, and probably violates their department's rules. Go higher up in the food chain.

Brandishing a weapon: I think that he was brandishing without brandishing. In other words, he is playing with the line. If he fiddled with the gun - not something like holding the rifle strap in place on his shoulder while talking to you - then it could be considered as brandishing. Assault, not so much.

NO ONE has a right to tell you that you cannot use public space in a lawful manner when it doesn't interfere with another's rights. That includes sidewalks as they are grouped. Me? I'd do what I normally do, and have my phone ready to record if he confronts you again.

• Like 2

Obviously a troll and deserves no further conversation in my opinion-

He may have been looking for adverse reactions to further an agenda-

All in my opinion for what it is worth-you get what you pay for when it's free-

• Like 1