Bellevue Kroger

bteague2

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt lay out all the issues I have with the previous post.

I will pick out one and say that in one sense it really doesn't matter what the Supreme Court decides in the DC case. The net effect for us here is likely to be zero.

People who think a favorable outcome will mean they can open carry in Manhattan are sadly uninformed about the entire debate and the structure of Constitutional Law.

You are dead on. If someone here would like to start naming the appeals courts that have ruled the 2nd is an individual right, I will start naming the ones that have ruled it is not. They will be out of District numbers and I will have most of them left. The fact of the matter is that there is only one court ruling that matters….. The Supreme Court. I am sure that the ruling they make will not be popular here. As the lawyers always say; don’t ask a question you don’t already know the answer to.

DaveTN, I accept that you had a difficult time. Sorry to hear it. Even sorrier if you continue to 'doom and gloom'. We didn't get to where we are today by accepting dumbass restrictions and telling each other that things can't change for the better. You lost a round. Get back on your feet, man. Down isn't out unless you quit.

No “Doom & Gloom†on my part man…. If I were any happier I wouldn’t be able to stand it. willy_nilly.gif

I have never said that I don’t believe that I have a RIGHT to bear arms. I just am absolutely sure it doesn’t come from or have anything to do with the second amendment.

Get back on my feet and do what? :)

I’m doing it man….. I would like to see carry legislation for my home state of Illinois, I would also like to see talks start on a Federal Carry Permit (Just like retired cops just got). But you can’t have productive, intelligent conversation with law makers when the pro gun folks want to start talking about the second amendment…. You will be stopped dead in your tracks.

Guest BigBoostDSM

I’m doing it man….. I would like to see carry legislation for my home state of Illinois

Where are you from in IL?

IL?

Ain't never going to happen. Even though the state is probably 80% rural/suburban and prime territory for shooters, Chicago exerts a disproportionate influence over the state and they are rabidly anti-gun. Actually they are rabidly anything that isnt "progressive." Heck, they banned foie gras.

Vote Chicago off the island and it will pass.

Single malt or blended?

I hate to answer that because for a lot of Scotch snobs, it makes me look like a redneck. :)

I actually like Chivas. But hey, Hunter Thompson liked it too. It has what I can only describe as a soapy taste that I really like. My brother was always fond of Johnny Walker.

But I'm not saying I'd turn down a good single malt. I've been to several of the Highland distilleries.

But it has to be on the rocks and no extra anything added to it. Scotch and soda is an abomination. Why not just drink pee?

I hate to answer that because for a lot of Scotch snobs, it makes me look like a redneck. :)

I actually like Chivas. But hey, Hunter Thompson liked it too. It has what I can only describe as a soapy taste that I really like. My brother was always fond of Johnny Walker.

But I'm not saying I'd turn down a good single malt. I've been to several of the Highland distilleries.

But it has to be on the rocks and no extra anything added to it. Scotch and soda is an abomination. Why not just drink pee?

Nothing wrong at all with blended scotch. Single malts have very distinct tastes depending on where they are from, and unless you really know what you are buying you may end up spending a bunch of money on something that tastes too grassy or smokey. I find the blend is much more palatable. If I do scotch on the cheap it is Grant's or if i spend a little more it is Famous Grouse. I actually prefer bourbon but I can roll with whats available :)

Definitly no soda in my whisky. I like a little water and some ice, oooooh it's good!

I drink bourbon.

But when I do drink scotch it's usually an Islay and usually when its about 30-40 degrees and rainy/damp.

When I really feel frisky it's whisky and ginger. Right, cheap scotch and gingerale. Learned to drink that in England and like it.

and unless you really know what you are buying you may end up spending a bunch of money on something that tastes too grassy or smokey.
But if you don't know what you are doing, it won't taste bad to you and you might find one you enjoy that your friends will leave alone. I remember offering a glass (as in 1) of my really good stuff to a friend of mine. I wasn't paying attention to what he was drinking after that or how much was in his glass. Next morning I checked my bottle and it was almost empty. After that, I keep the good stuff put up unless it is a really special occasion and only let him have the cheap stuff.

Rabbi - nothing wrong with bourbon. I drink it too, just prefer the scotch. I find with the cheaper scotch's if you use a twist of lemon, not a piece of lemon, just a piece of the rind, it makes them more palatable.

Guest BigBoostDSM
IL?

Yes, IL. His home state is IL as is mine. I was just curious where he was from since I'm a recent transplant from there.

My feeling is that the melting ice makes enough water to take the edge off of Scotch.

My brother got me drinking Scotch. He'd take it to parties when he was at Ga Tech. He said that what he didn't drink would come back with him.

Only problem I found with Scotch is that drinking it on the rocks made me drink two doubles while everyone else was having one single something else. But I never minded drinking four times as much as other people. :)

I do like other stuff too. Whiskey and ginger was always a standard. One summer when I was working at Nags Head, I met a bartender whose name was Ginger. So I had to go by every night and get her to make me a JD and ginger - with a solid (not striped) swizzle stick.

In terms of fruited Scotches, I like Drambuie. That's about it. If it's too cheap to drink without being fixed, I can settle for a beer.

It was a rhetorical statement. Illinois will never get carry as long as Chicago is part of the state.

Illinois’s problem could become Tennessee’s problem. Barrack Obama is as anti-gun as you can get. He wants to ban ALL semi-auto weapons and wants more “possession restrictionsâ€. Now since Illinois does not have carry permits and the only people carrying legally are cops; I would have to say he wants to limit what the people of Illinois can have in their homes.

Barrack wants to create a whole new group of criminals from law abiding citizens. That way his supporters will have more people to try out their social programs on.

Guest BigBoostDSM
It was a rhetorical statement. Illinois will never get carry as long as Chicago is part of the state.

Oh yea, I can't disagree there. It might help to get the daileys out of office as well. I was thinking you were just questioning if I had directed it to you or not. I was just clarifying that it was directed to DaveTN.

IL?

Ain't never going to happen. Even though the state is probably 80% rural/suburban and prime territory for shooters, Chicago exerts a disproportionate influence over the state and they are rabidly anti-gun. Actually they are rabidly anything that isnt "progressive." Heck, they banned foie gras.

Vote Chicago off the island and it will pass.

As a transplant from IL myself, I'd like to vote that we give Chicago to Canada. It is ridiculous that 1 city can exert that much influence over the rest of the state. Especially considering that the rest of the state is mostly rural.

Guest NELSON

I am a transplant as well. Well from Ill to KY. I dont really care to go back. Most of my family is there, however the town we are from is a popular place for the train jumpers. It is crazy to think the the crime rate wouldn't drop if citizens could carry. The is no shortage of guns in Chicago, just a shortage of good people with them.