Carry Badges

Guest robert83

Guest robert83

When I was taking my class with the Williamson county Sheriff Dept. They really tried to push the the sale of the Tennessee Carry Badge on us (50 bucks). I did not buy one because I didn't want some cop to think I am trying to pass off as a cop. Anyone have one of these badges? If so do you believe that your badge has helped prevent a confrontation?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

You made the right choice in NOT buying the badges. Those are ridiculous and you do not need those b/c LEO can think you are impersonating an officer with those....

For $50 you can go to a gun show, get an uffishal TN Carry Badge with matching wallet to hold that thing and your permit, a privately published book on gun laws and a box of ammo to boot! Then what do you get for $50? A box of ammo.

Guest mikedwood
I want to get another one. One to wear on my belt and one to wear on a chain like Dog the bounty hunter.

If you had all that and a 10mm Glock. That would be all the power in the world.

I don't think any one man could handle all the respect that carry/badge/id holder/gun would bring him.

Guest TargetShooter84
I want to get another one. One to wear on my belt and one to wear on a chain like Dog the bounty hunter.
Hope you got the shades and hair. lol

And that funky lookin' mullet! lol

Guest db99wj
When I was taking my class with the Williamson county Sheriff Dept. They really tried to push the the sale of the Tennessee Carry Badge on us (50 bucks). I did not buy one because I didn't want some cop to think I am trying to pass off as a cop. Anyone have one of these badges? If so do you believe that your badge has helped prevent a confrontation?

Your new, so here is the serious answer. No, don't wear them. They are hokie, they are goofy, they are, in some eyes, close if not crossing the line of impersonation of an officer, whether it is LEO or private. They are legal to own, they are legal to wear. If you are wearing one on your belt, or around your neck like Mike357 does, you could be considered by the sheep that you are a LEO. I have talked with numerous LEO's that have ALL said, not to wear them, had one tell me that he would shoot me if he ever saw me with one on:D:p;)!

You may or may not here scenarios where one will get you killed or one will save your life. But if I am on the side of, if you want to wear a badge, get the appropriate training and designations that earn the badge.

Just my .02.

Edited by db99wj
Guest smithandwesson
had one tell me that he would shoot me if he ever saw me with one on!

That guy shouldnt be a cop, unless he is a good freind and was just joking around.

Guest db99wj
That guy shouldnt be a cop, unless he is a good freind and was just joking around.

Of course he was/is a good friend.:) I'll add a smilies to clarify my sense humor. Course he might have been serious....

Guest GunnerD

I think that crew is a bunch of whack jobs and would never take their recommendations. Here's why. I was heading into a Franklin Kroger about a month ago and was OC'ing my my Taurus PT24/7. I was approached by an older guy in the parking lot. He asked me if I was "authorized" to carry my side arm. I replied that I was and thought that was the end of it. This guy then starts into a 15 minute diatribe around my OC and why would I ever need to carry in a Kroger of all places. I told him I did not practice black magic and couldn't predict when a crime might occur.

He then shifts his tactic and proclaims that he is a retired LEO and does instruction at the Williamson County SD for HCP classes. He hands me a card and states I may need a refresher course and I should look into purchasing a HCP badge. At this point, all I want to do it go get my bread and milk so I politely say thanks and go about my business.

These guys are like snake oil salesmen. You don't need a badge and it certainly won't help if you are forced to use deadly force one day. Anyone in the general vicinity will get a nose full of dirt and cuffing until everything is sorted out.

Now, would you like to know how I really feel about the badge and SATS.:)

When I was taking my class with the Williamson county Sheriff Dept. They really tried to push the the sale of the Tennessee Carry Badge on us

Really?!

My cousin works for that department... I'm going to have to give him an ear full about this :)

Guest Wiggy

I feel left out... They didn't offer badges when I took my course at Rattlesnake Ridge. I did buy a tee shirt and a hat though.

Badges are a neat trinket if you're into collecting those type of things. I wouldn't wear one though.

They command slightly less respect than a NRA hat, and slightly more than a boyscout merit badge... No wait, people have to earn merit badges :hat:.

I got some junk mail the other day from the Fraternal Order of Police and for a minimum donation, I, too could get a generic looking HCP badge and leather holder. Didn't even read it that closely after I saw the ploy. Tore it in half and tossed it in the garbage.

HOWEVER, had it been a decoder ring, I might have bit.

Guest KWW67

:rock::lol:th_7365.jpg

The above is the ONLY HCP badge endorsed by the TGO....... Wear proudly....... :hat:....Note: Must be worn with hat at all times while carrying... Be strong... TGO strong... Just for clarification, please be advised that I AM KIDDING!!!!!

Edited by KWW67

bad, bad, idea.....

I cant believe a member of the Williamson county Sheriff Dept suggested it.... again another fly by night instructor concerned about nothing but money. Every other police officer I know would consider it a form of impersonation.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER
Guest canynracer
Of course he was/is a good friend.:rock: I'll add a smilies to clarify my sense humor. Course he might have been serious....

he was...I asked. :P

;)