Let's see everyone's motorcycles

Guest KWW67

I think it'll be interesting to see how it sells. The price point seems to be very fair for what it is, however consider what it is: a radical custom chopper, but mass produced. Aren't those two phrases exclusive? I mean, if that's the type of bike someone is after, wouldn't they be apprehensive to buy one that their next door neighbor could walk right out and buy as well?

Like, I said, it'll be interesting...

The Fury is targeted towards those who want a chopper, but can't afford the pricetag of the fully custom bikes. And there is a huge number of those people out there.

It won't be long, and there will be an endless supply of aftermarket parts and accessories for the Fury. Then, you probably wouldn't have to worry about your neighbor having one just like yours.

I'm interested in seeing how they sell, but I'm more interested in what Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc will come out with in hopes of keeping up with the Fury.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, but Yamaha already has the Raider and Raider S. Seems to be geared toward the same target audience I guess. That's another reason I was wondering why Honda didn't use the 1800 engine for their's. But maybe Honda already has that in the works for this platform since I don't think they make the 1800 VTX any more. You never know.

Guest archerdr1

that's why I do like my bike so much, nobody around here has one quite like it. If I can get this sold, I do want to get a honda vtx1800

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brian@GunDepot

Just seen this thread.... very nice bikes gang!

Heres a few of mine .

04 HD FXSTB at bikeweek (myrtle beach)

05 HD FLSTC at bikeweek (myrtle beach)

97 CBR F3 at Gun Depot prk lot (wife's track bike)

01 CBR F4i at Jennings (my track bike)

I also just picked up a new 09 883 Iron to tool around on; basically stock with V&H stag shorties on it (black of course). Those that live in east TN can join me in saying we are fortunate to have such nice curvy roads to ride on. Deals Gap, Cherohola, Shady Valley, etc, etc, etc.... ah, if I only had time... :D

Edited by Brian@GunDepot
Those that live in east TN can join me in saying we are fortunate to have such nice curvy roads to ride on. Deals Gap, Cherohola, Shady Valley, etc, etc, etc.... ah, if I only had time... :D

Just rode the gap this past weekend...looking at doing the gap/skyway this Saturday. If you like the gap check out 116 out in Petros/Oliver Springs. Twenty minutes or so from Oak Ridge and a fun ride. Similar to the dragon but no traffic. Start at the brushy mountain prison side in Morgan county and go from there...wooo. Just watch for coal trucks during the week:bat:

I did that run a few years back.......

in a Chevy Astro:sick:

Luckily I have made the run from I-40 down to Gatlinburg on a Ninja 900 (back in the day)

Hope to get somewhere more curvy this year on the GS.

Let me know if you get somewhere around Knoxville and ill tear up the curves with you. Always looking for another rider in our group:up:

I was up on the Dragon and Skyway last weekend. Short notice thing. Had a blast even got to hang out with my good friend Tand from Ride With Tank

The guy that went up with me is hooked and can't wait to go back. I'm a slow sportbike rider and he is a fast cruiser rider so we balance out well.

On Hwy 85 between Livingston & Clarkrange.

IMG_6188.jpg

At the Overlook on the Dragon.

IMG_6200.jpg

Yep my poor old '98. Still getting it around but much better now that I had Wheeler go over the suspension.

Verne

Those 996 V-Twin's were terribly under rated in their time. I've always loved them. I'm just a sucker for V-Twin sport bikes :D

That's why it is still here. I can't find a good V-Twin sport that I like and can tour on.

Your right about under rated. I want a new bike for better tank range but can't seem to give the old girl up. Just fill up every 120 miles and get back to it.

That's why it is still here. I can't find a good V-Twin sport that I like and can tour on.

How about an Aprilia Futura? Those are sweet.

futura.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been out riding my new bike today :D

I had been shopping around for a Suzuki SV650 for a while, but I was really looking for an 05+ fuel injected model, however I happened upon a steal on a fairly clean '01, and couldn't say no...

I'm absolutely loving this thing.

moto-2.jpg

I know this isnt a sales category but I am selling my 2003 SV1000s. I only say this because a few people have posted up about a V twin sportbike. Its for sale on several motorcycle forums and craigslist. PM if interested in pics or info.

i bought this last week so the wife says something has to go:

2006 FJR1300

IMG_2813.jpg

• 2 months later...