Fox 13 News story (probably tomorrow) on women and HCP

My daughter (24 years old) was called today by Range USA and asked to be one of several women interviewed by Fox 13 tomorrow morning at 7 am. They are doing a story on what it is like for women to get their permits through the Range USA women-only class.

FYI- My daughter liked the Range USA class a lot and she was glad to be in an all-female class.

She was a competitive varsity athlete at UT-Knoxville and she is straight, so she would hang out off the field with lots of the male jocks at UT. She said she was glad not to have a 'bunch of male egos" to deal with during the HCP class.

Gosh- I wonder what she meant by that 'male ego' comment? She rolled her eyes and looked at me sarcastically when she said it....

Being a night owl, she's not thrilled about the 7 am interview time, but she is pretty excited.

I hope it turns out ok and hope it isn't some rabid anti-2A trying to prove a point. I don't think the local Fox 13 folks have been too bad regarding self defense issues. And it just ain't right to pick on girls, especially mine!

We'll see. Tune in if you can, but I don't really know when they plan to air it. Hope they post it to the web.

I gotta buy that girl a decent handgun.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Hmm, will have to look for it on the news or on line.

Keep us posted, not sure how gun friendly they are or are not. Channel 5 has shown to be supportive and WPTY ABC has been supportive, we will see how this goes, hopefully well. Since they are not doing a generic story but one specific on the Women's class, which always gets great reviews.

Well, if you brought her up right :tough:don't worry about the anti 2nd amendment types.;) She'll tell it like it is, like it is supposed to be. Remind her that we deal with facts. Liberals dream in fantasy. Remind her to interupt, tell them to ;) if she does not like where the conversation is going. We wish her luck.

oldogy

Kristen, from Range USA, called me today to see if my wife wanted to do the interview tomorrow morning also. (My wife took the women's only class in January.) I told her that she could call my wife but our 7 and 11 yr old sons that had to get to school and the time wouldn't work out........ That's only part of the truth. I don't think my wife could be ready and there by 6 a.m.!!!!!

Guest putmanphoto

You would be surprised, what we women can do.... I am sure that she could have been ready and there by 6 AM - did you offer to help and take your sons to school????:wave:

Guest LieutenantDan67

My wife (she posts here as lylahk) was on the 6:40am or so segment from RangeUSA this morning. That was pretty cool. :wave: We got some free refreshments and passes for participating.

The gentleman reporter for Fox 13 was pretty nice and interested in getting his permit. He chatted quite a lot with my wife and I before and after the shoot.

He said that unfortunately the early segments won't be linked online, as no one who handles that stuff is available at the station to post it or some such thing. Was still cool to be there for the broadcast. :P

Guest canynracer
You would be surprised, what we women can do.... I am sure that she could have been ready and there by 6 AM - did you offer to help and take your sons to school????:wave:

uh ohhhhh

:P

That's a story on RangeMaster rather than Range USA.

Earl (the reporter) was filling out his application for the range and is looking forward to getting his own permit. Terry (the other lady on the range with me) got her first shot off and her gun jammed. That was strange since I don't think I've ever seen Glock jam before... :doh:

Guest TargetShooter84
That's a story on RangeMaster rather than Range USA.

Earl (the reporter) was filling out his application for the range and is looking forward to getting his own permit. Terry (the other lady on the range with me) got her first shot off and her gun jammed. That was strange since I don't think I've ever seen Glock jam before... :doh:

I'm sure the Glock was just camera shy.....:dropjaw: