My 04 Ford Cobra or why I dont have more guns...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

Lame excuse....I have an 03 Roush...and we just got the wife an 09 Bullitt for christmas. The secret...her cash. Love the Cobra by the way...and nice digs too.

• Administrator

Nice. I'm sure that being the car salesman that you are, you knew what to look for but 03/04 Cobras in decent shape are getting harder to find. Being that you pulled the SCT chip out of that one, I'd be inclined to let a mechanic with intimate knowledge of those cars go over it to make sure it's not been ridden hard.

I have passed on the opportunity to buy three in the past year because all of them showed significant signs of neglect. My last car was one that I had owned previously, and sold again because the guy who owned it between me and me (again) beat the hell out of it. Car just wasn't the same anymore.

I dig the white and dark windows. Looks really good. What are the mods?

Guest Halfpint

Nice, dude. Digging the fact that it's not flashy. :confused: Subtle + fast = :crazy:

. . . and now I'm jonesing for my '89 LX . . . :panic:

Awesome Terminator, Magic.

• Administrator
You are so right...finding one that's not been abused is hard to do these days

Lloyd was clearly in the right place at the right time with the black one he just scooped up. I'm going to see how business goes for the next year or so and then maybe try to find one that I can pay cash for. I'm done with car loans.

Nice. I'm sure that being the car salesman that you are, you knew what to look for but 03/04 Cobras in decent shape are getting harder to find. Being that you pulled the SCT chip out of that one, I'd be inclined to let a mechanic with intimate knowledge of those cars go over it to make sure it's not been ridden hard.

I have passed on the opportunity to buy three in the past year because all of them showed significant signs of neglect. My last car was one that I had owned previously, and sold again because the guy who owned it between me and me (again) beat the hell out of it. Car just wasn't the same anymore.

I dig the white and dark windows. Looks really good. What are the mods?

Joe-they are SSR GT3's...they were on the car when I got it. I like the way the look though and something different then the FR's or Bullitts so...might as well keep em...saves me some money. 265/18's front and 335/18's rear

David-I have had Scott at In Tune in Charleston, TN go over the car before I decided to keep it for myself...it was traded in at Mercedes of Knoxville....pretty much as you see it.

Mods are: Stegemeir Stage III Ported Supercharger, Plenum, and Throttle Body. RR S/C Spacer RR 2.8 Upper and 4lb Lower pulleys, Billet Flow Idler Pulleys, H&R Springs, Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors, JLT/UPR Custom 12" Intake routed in the fender, Full Bassani Exhaust with X Pipe, MAFia, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, NX Wet Kit, Custom Tuned with a Diablo, all the switches guages and other essentials to make it work. 93 Pump S/C at 16lbs she makes 453rwhp/487rwtq and with a 75shot separate tune(switchable) makes 500rwhp/614rwtq on the Mustang Dyno which Scott's is consistently 14% lower then the 3 dynojets near him...so the internet bragging numbers are much higher lol....even if its all just bs.

the best part...it just rolled 20,000 miles :-D

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
mileage
Guest kdpate

Nice...:crazy:

Must've come in within the past few weeks down @ Mercedes of Knox. Was there over Easter visiting some friends and looking at Smart cars...:confused:

Nice mod list :confused: plus the 75 shot will help keep things cool. Gotta love the sound of the Stiggy ported blowers.. they scream like a banshee. I do miss that sound sometimes.

Thanks im pretty content atm. This is my first foray into domestics or nitrous and so far im pretty happy :crazy: The blower doesnt start to really get loud til about 10psi. What kinds of ponies are in your stable?

LOL :) I had to look under your name to see that it was you Craig. I have axles out of a 02 GT if they will help you..they may be too long for what you want to do but they are FREE.

I dont think the 02 axles will fit in a SN housing? But this is going in a 00 gt with a 94 rear under it.

Guest czmelson

Not a Cobra, but here is my weekend warrior(for now, its for sale). Next time there is a shoot we need to bring the cars. I would love to see some of them.

100_0013.jpg