What brand of ammunition do you use in your carry weapon?

Guest benchpresspower
Maybe I'm opening a can of worms here, but what is wrong with carrying "reloads" in your defense weapon?

Just going by what my class intructor told us. They said that the prosecution in a self defense case would use reloads against you. Told me that each reload could be to exact manufacturer's specs but the prosecution would quite possibly throw at you that you designed that bullet to kill the individual. Stupid as hell in my book but could happen I suppose.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

benchpresspower; same thing I heard, but wanted to throw it across the forums to see what others opinions were. Funny thing about it all is that my loads are not near as powerful as commercial hydro-shocks. Hope to never find out though.

benchpresspower; same thing I heard, but wanted to throw it across the forums to see what others opinions were. Funny thing about it all is that my loads are not near as powerful as commercial hydro-shocks. Hope to never find out though.

You mean like putting mercury in a hollow point and melting lead shavings over the top?

Guest bkelm18
You mean like putting mercury in a hollow point and melting lead shavings over the top?

Thats instant death penalty right there. But really, whenever someone says that you shouldn't do this or that with your carry weapon or ammo, it's usually a legal reason and not anything performance wise.

Guest justaman30

Cor-Bon 125 grain in my S&W Sigma 9mm. I actually selected it because I had read in a gun mag that it was pretty good, and it was more affordable at my local gun shop than many others. Does anyone else have any good info on Cor-Bon ammo?

• 3 weeks later...

I used Federal 230 Grain Hydrashok for several years, Recently I got a very good deal online for a case of Remington Golden Saber 230 Grain, after shooting 1000 rounds through my 1911's with zero failures I think I will stick with it, very accurate 45acp ammo :)

Guest RISC777

Got used to and liked Federal Premium Hydra-Shok JHP 180 gr., then tried Hornady's 180 gr. TAP (in .40). Like both equally well now. One mag of 14 each in hand's reach.

139665.jpg602725.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest wardoc

Main concealed carry: 9mm Taurus P24 with a 17 round mag of alternating DRT 124gr super hot frangible non lead and Extreme Shock 115gr high penetration EPR. My "back up" in my glove compartment is a Smith 500 8.38th barrel revolver, loaded with corbon 500gr laser hardened lead bullets (ME is around 2400 ft/lbs), with a 7.5 in. drop at 100 yds (not bad for a revolver); the "back up" to that is locked in my trunk pelican case: a custom AR15 16 in moly 1/8 barrel, M4 clone (zeroed at 100 yrds with an average of 1.2 inch groups), loaded with alternating 62 gr. SS109 AP and TAP 75gr BTHP packed into a 100round Cmag.

Wardoc

...Desert warfare against an ambiguous enemy (especially from the perspective of a med unit) changes your view of the world and its ostensible "security," FOREVER. Or, at least thats my excuse.

Maybe I just like guns.

Guest bkelm18
Main concealed carry: 9mm Taurus P24 with a 17 round mag of alternating DRT 124gr super hot frangible non lead and Extreme Shock 115gr high penetration EPR. My "back up" in my glove compartment is a Smith 500 8.38th barrel revolver, loaded with corbon 500gr laser hardened lead bullets (ME is around 2400 ft/lbs), with a 7.5 in. drop at 100 yds (not bad for a revolver); the "back up" to that is locked in my trunk pelican case: a custom AR15 16 in moly 1/8 barrel, M4 clone (zeroed at 100 yrds with an average of 1.2 inch groups), loaded with alternating 62 gr. SS109 AP and TAP 75gr BTHP packed into a 100round Cmag.

Wardoc

Well aside from admitting to committing a crime by carrying a loaded long gun in your vehicle, overall an amusing post on par with Gecko45. :( Well played.

Guest bkelm18
wow, first post and he resurrects a 4 month dead post... Must be one helluva Doctor...

Obviously someone playing mall ninja under a "secret" name. :(

Guest pjblurton
Well aside from admitting to committing a crime by carrying a loaded long gun in your vehicle, overall an amusing post on par with Gecko45. :( Well played.

Did someone say mall ninja?

Welcome to TGO BTW....

Guest wardoc

The Cmag is NOT engaged and is therefore legal per my 30K per year lawyer.

he better be right or he'll get docked and definitely not get a Xmas bonus.

Wardoc

Chill guys your MI is fast approaching.

Guest bkelm18
The Cmag is NOT engaged and is therefore legal per my 30K per year lawyer.

he better be right or he'll get docked and definitely not get a Xmas bonus.

Wardoc

Chill guys your MI is fast approaching.

OK.... :(