Saw the elusive Carry Badge!!!! (well about 6)

well now people are getting arrested for having them.... http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/newsworthy-reports/20930-arrests-knoxville-bike-trail-3.html

btw I love this quote:

"We do not recommend or encourage civilian permit holders to do anything to bring any attention to the fact that they are either a permit holder or are at any time armed," said John Harris, general counsel for the Tennessee Sheriffs; Association and executive director of the pro-gun group Tennessee Firearms Association. "With those permit badges, you could look and act too much like an officer and then end up getting charged with impersonating an officer."

If thats not straight from the horses mouth I dont know what is, I'd say he's one of if not the most informed person in this state when it comes to carry permit law.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crotalus01

Huh. I dont get it at all.

If you are CCing and you have a badge announcing you are CCing how is that different from OCing?

I normally OC for the comfort factor and other reasons, but if I CC it is for a reason, and I am definitely NOT going to announce the presence of my weapon with a stupid CCW Badge...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Policek9Trainer

I think at some point, TN is going to put a kabash on these "official" looking badges. That's just asking for problems.

Guest pws_smokeyjones
I think at some point, TN is going to put a kabash on these "official" looking badges. That's just asking for problems.

I understand the thinking on that, but I hope they don't try and legislate against this stupidity. I also think it will be short lived. There are a finite number of people that will fall for this so eventually the market will dry up and they will be nothing more than a collectible conversation piece etc...

I would rather our government not get any further into the business of telling us what we can'/can't wear - even when I disagree personally with about half of garbage I see people wearing in public. Pajamas anyone? :D

It would be a waste of legislation to try and outlaw stupidity. It's already illegal to impersonate a police officer. You can't outlaw toy or novelty badges... that would prob hit 1st Amendment square on.

I've got the answer...

toy_badge.JPG

It worked for toy guns, right?

Guest GatorsRule1976

I believe this comment was posted in another thread, but What is the point of a CCW badge???? If you carry concealed, you really don't want anybody to know you're carrying right? :) Just don't see the point unless they are trying to "boast" about their permit.

I believe this comment was posted in another thread, but What is the point of a CCW badge???? If you carry concealed, you really don't want anybody to know you're carrying right? :) Just don't see the point unless they are trying to "boast" about their permit.

First let me say I don't like the badges...but not for the same reason as most.

But yes, carrying concealed and wearing a CCW badge, does not make much sense. But TN has handgun carry permit and some legally open carry and their badge usually says "Handgun Carry Permit"

saw for the first time someone actually wearing the HCP badge today. I had to look twice, hanging on his belt just like the po-po. The dude that had it didn't print so I couldn't tell if he was actually carrying or not. But, IMHO, if he was, he was an accident waiting to happen. A real jewel, I wanted to approach and inquire about the badge, but, I just couldn't cause I knew I would end up laughing in his face. The dude was a wannabe for sure. i almost felt sorry for him. But that's just me...

+1

I can't believe people actually wear these things. It's just like saying Yo Maaaann I gotsa gun. Makessss muh day fooooooooo!

New article at Police Posers (no cut & paste) Thanx for the link, Currently; interesting site.

Was made aware of the site a couple of years ago when some 19 year old whacker bragged about running a motorcyclist off the road.

The story went viral within 48 hours on almost every motorcycle forum.

Needless to say, he got called out and publicly exposed, criminal record, home address, car registrations ... just about every facet of his pathetic life was totally exposed. He was still living home with mommy and daddy and they weren't very pleased with the extra attention that junior brought to their lives and home. All hit and run motorcycle accidents within a 5 state area were investigated and it finally turned out he was just running his mouth to get some much needed attention he wasn't getting from his parents. :poop:

He really P.O'ed some people that possessed some major geeking skills. When those people put their mind to it, it was incredible the stuff that came out. There was even a website totally dedicated to discrediting and exposing him.

I almost ... almost felt sorry for him. :D

Edited by Currently
Guest Bill Lumberg

Wearing a ccw badge is short-bus behavior, regardless of whether or how the person carries.

First let me say I don't like the badges...but not for the same reason as most.

But yes, carrying concealed and wearing a CCW badge, does not make much sense. But TN has handgun carry permit and some legally open carry and their badge usually says "Handgun Carry Permit"

I have one but I am too ashamed to wear it in public. Sometimes late at night when it’s real dark I will put it on and walk down the street. I know it is wrong and if anyone sees me they would laugh and make fun. I just wish people could understand that I am a wannabe and just love me for who I am. I'm going to sit in my closet now with my open carry and my CCW badge on a chain around my neck and pray that you all will change so I can come out and be who I was meant to be.

I have one but I am too ashamed to wear it in public. Sometimes late at night when it’s real dark I will put it on and walk down the street. I know it is wrong and if anyone sees me they would laugh and make fun. I just wish people could understand that I am a wannabe and just love me for who I am. I'm going to sit in my closet now with my open carry and my CCW badge on a chain around my neck and pray that you all will change so I can come out and be who I was meant to be.

:)

Guest sling
The best one that I got to see was the range natzi at Owl Hollow When TGO David asked him which department he was with. It was pricless to see him get called out right in front of probably 10 guys from here.

Heh. You're not talking about the guy that is always wearing camo bdu's and pilot sun glasses are you? :popcorn:

The same guy that freaks out if you accidentally pick up someones brass and brags how he squeezed a group about the size of a dime open sites out of his AR at 100...

I wouldn't wear HCP badge unless it has colored lights that strobe.

If I can find one of those I'm gonna open carry this to go along with it:

92SSPRL-17.jpg

- OS

Watch out, there is a guy at Princes Hot Chicken here in nashville that has one, complete with his Black "Security" shirt, Security guard badge, shoulder holster, and about 400 pounds on him.

I only wear mine for the wife on 'special' nights. Along with my belt and holster. Nothing else. :usa:

Finding a place to clip it does present a problem though.

Guest nraforlife

HCP badge, what a frickin joke. Ohhh Mr bad guy shoot my arse first as I maybe packin. Guess if someone wears a HCP badge it makes them feel self important.

Fly under the radar screen, don't stand out, don't set yourself up and have a very very nice day.