Jewelers in Nashville area.

I'm looking for an engagement ring in the near future and was wondering if anyone knew of any jewelers in the area that you trust and do buisness with. I know nothing about diamonds and settings, so I don't want to be hosed. I would also prefer to stay away from the big chains and give someone local buisness. Thanks in advance for any leads.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JavaGuy

I don't buy a whole of engagement rings, but check out Cole and Waller on Union Street, smack in the middle of downtown Nashville. Locally owned.

The current owner/operator is Jimmy.. can't remember his last name off the top of my head. The store has been in that location (500 block of Union) for more years than I can remember.

While you're downtown, nip into the Arcade and visit the Peanut Shoppe. It's been there since about the time the Arcade opened.... in 1902, 1903.

Historic Nashville:The Arcade

Enjoy!

501 Union St Ste C

Nashville, TN 37219

615-256-3672

Edited by JavaGuy
adding address and phone number

Dang! I can't think of the name of the guy, but there's some guy from Israel who pened his own shop after working in the big businesses as a purchaser. His staff are hourly employees, and are happy to teach you about what to look for. He advertises on 105.9 all of the time, and claims to not have the mark-up for quality diamonds. I'd bet you could ping 105.9's website and get the name of the business.

Guest Bronker

Genesis Diamonds in Green Hills, across from the mall, beside Kinko's. Awesome selection, best prices, and local owned.

No, I don't work for them.

Guest Moss88hunter

Go to Steve Murray jewelers in Nashville. They are the only jewelers that my family does any business with. They are located at Murfreesboro Rd. and Bell Rd. They will make you a good deal. They are a good christian company and I am pretty sure they all have their HCP's. Here is the link:

Home

Evan

J Jewels

99 White Bridge Road

615-354-5868

Call them up if your looking for somthing your wife will not find on another womans finger. They may still be appointment only but they will treat you right.

I'd recommend Johnson's Jewlers in Lafayette, Tennessee. Stanley Johnson has been there for years, and is an honest, stand up guy. He also provides custom work and repairs. It is locate on the public square. Good luck on the engagement thing.