PRO Gun vs. ANTI Gun Business list

Is there already a running list of KNOWN pro-gun and anti-gun businesses in the state?

I think it would be nice to sticky a post so members could pass along business that were posted and business that support our gun rights.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest archerdr1

we are really good about posting anti locations, but I think it would be a good idea to make a "Pro" list... like the discount tobacco and beverage store in East Ridge.

Guest Bronker

When the dust settles on this, and some restaurant owner comes out in a bold way in support of us and the RKBA crowd, we should make an organized statement, maybe even a TGO-sponsored 'sit-in' one day for lunch or dinner. Get about 50 of us local guys to go in and drop some cash. Just to show our support for businesses who DO support our rights. And by all means...invite the TV news media. It'll be a bold statement, and good advertisement for TGO!

Who's with me?

Guest Bronker
That's a great idea Bronker, the only problem is getting businesses to come out and say they're pro-gun. But hey, you find 'em, we'll fill 'em!

buk

Buk, there is the Outpost restaurant...heck, they sell ammo in the lobby by the tater chips!

And I anxiously await the grand opening of Hero-Meat Bar & Grill...come on Joe!

I think it will be as simple as who intentionally does NOT post at all. Like you said, we'll find 'em.

I stopped by the GreenBerry's restaurant in Gallatin today. A friend and I had a good conversation with the owner, he seems very pro-gun. We talked about the carry laws currently working their way through the process, he seemed to be in favor of them all. Lunch wasn't bad, either. :D

Guest archerdr1

Had a similar experience at the "Hickory Pit" bbq rest. here in East Ridge. We have gotten to know the owner a little bit, so I asked the owner if now that the senate passed the bill, was he planning to post. He said he personally didn't mind if people carry there and he doesn't say anything to the one or two that carry in there anyways. He sells beer there. He said he is pro gun. Good for him, I will be eating there more.

Guest Bronker
I stopped by the GreenBerry's restaurant in Gallatin today. A friend and I had a good conversation with the owner, he seems very pro-gun. We talked about the carry laws currently working their way through the process, he seemed to be in favor of them all. Lunch wasn't bad, either. :D

And so the eat-in begins! TGO-style! Maybe we can get OhShoot to open carry! How 'bout it Chief?

I dunno, but I am guessing there will notbe very many restaurants post any gun sign at all.

The topic is like a lightning rod no matter which side of the fence you are on.

If I was in the business of serving food I would just as soon that the G word not be mentioned or seen.

I dunno, but I am guessing there will notbe very many restaurants post any gun sign at all.

The topic is like a lightning rod no matter which side of the fence you are on.

If I was in the business of serving food I would just as soon that the G word not be mentioned or seen.

Yep, they don't want to alienate the wacko left customers who think the gun will go off all by itself and kill their child from across the room.

In today's economy, business owners just can't go around driving any customer away, so most will treat it as if it didn't exist.

I tend to agree....I doubt very many, if any, chain restaurants will post.

Of course there could always be the guy who owns his own place and is so anti that he will post and not care what effect it has. But I imagine those places are far and few between.

Of course there could always be the guy who owns his own place and is so anti that he will post and not care what effect it has

And as unpopular as it may sound, if a restaurant owner bans guns, how much business is he really losing? The percent of HCP holders is fairly low anyway.

I just think they would rather not have guns on anyones mind when they come to eat or drink or whatver they are doing there spending money.

There should be one that's regionally specific on this site. It should be broken down into the areas where the large cities are located. That way they are not cluttered.

Great idea. Let us know when you finish sorting them out and post them. :D

Guest Bronker
I just think they would rather not have guns on anyones mind when they come to eat or drink or whatver they are doing there spending money.

I'd say that's as accurate of a depiction there is about how this will really go down. They ride the fence now, staying midline enough to sway either way they need to depending on the current mood of the populace as a whole. This is just another issue to them. I'm sure they will adopt a "don't ask, don't tell." Let all of us HCP's think we've won our skirmish, and let the sheeple think they're safe from us.

And the wheel...goes 'round.

Guest Alpha Dog

I think when the dust settles...all TGO people should submit businesses (restaurants) that "post" prohibiting guns on this board...maybe even with a camera-phone pic of the sign...

Then I think every TGO member should send the business an e-mail, whether you live near the establishment or not, and politely tell them that you will not be frequenting their business, and you will be telling your friends, and them their friends, etc.

My fear is that the restaurant association is going to wage a campaign within the ranks of their member restaurants, spreading propaganda and using fear tactics, to get many places to post.

I have already started thinking about how I plan to politely tell managers face to face that instead of protecting patrons, they will be sending a clear message to criminals that they (BGs) are welcome there...no one can stop them from mugging in the parking lot, robbing, carjacking, raping, even holding the restaurant up...because no one is armed...

While an "un-posted" restaurant will be a "gee, I don't know who is armed in there, maybe I should go be bad somewhere that is posted" place.

I agree that many restaurants will not think they will lose much business because of the low number of HCP holders...but we are an ever increasingly mobile society...I could, in good faith, e-mail businesses in a 75 mile radius because that is how far we routinely go for a meal out.

Anyway, didn't mean to get so verbose...but, I do think a list of newly posted restaurants on this board would be a good thing.

And as unpopular as it may sound, if a restaurant owner bans guns, how much business is he really losing? The percent of HCP holders is fairly low anyway.

I think you are right.

OMG....did I just say Mike was right?! :D

Guest archerdr1
arch,whers the Hickory Pit?

Count me out for eating Joes meat :D

The hickory pit is in the Pioneer village. It is a little shack. Has a drive up Ramp beside it and you can usually see the little barbecue grill out front beside the road. It is in the parking lot right by the road. Really good bbq and priced well too.

Guest hickok

I know that I'll be crafting a letter to owners of any restaurants that decide not to allow guns in their restaurants in the Middle Tennessee area. Hopefully, it will be few. One of the issues I plan to mention is the same thing I mentioned in my letter to the Governor this week: I'm so tired of leaving a firearm in my car in an unguarded, often-dark parking lot where some "low-life" could steal it. It should be kept safely with me.