My Incident at Molly's Restaraunt in Midtown Memphis Last Night

Guest nokomom

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late to the dance on this topic, but will mention that the owner obviously got her info from The Commercial Appeal, much like folks around here saw only the perspective of The Tennessean during the restaurant bill debate. I would anticipate that scenario playing out in alot of places, in particular the bean and taco establishments, which I do like to frequent on a regular basis. I am expecting a number of those to be posted on July 14....we'll see.

Guest go-vols

I hope that when this law goes into effect there will be something more important for the media to talk about. People in M'Boro seem to be freaking out. Nobody wants to educate themselves on what it means to carry a firearm in TN.

That said, because everyone is so emotional right now, if I don't see a sign I am using the don't ask, don't tell policy.

• 1 month later...
Guest mr. sane

Oh, I'm back. Troll, is that what I am considered in your 'club'? 1) I do own a gun and it is kept AT HOME-WHERE IT BELONGS. You better believe that I am going to defend my home with lethal force, yet I REFUSE to contribute to the decline in basic societal advancement which you people have no problem engaging in. Does this reactionary behavior make you feel proud or, worse, reasonable? As a side note, I have never been the victim of a violent crime. Perhaps my time is going to come, which I am sure that all of you will make me aware of, but I have found that common sense has served me well. As a lifelong Memphian, it sickens me that MY city gets such a bad rap, when the employment of a little prudence and levelheadedness can carry one safely through life. 2) I bartend and wait on thousands of customers a month. I probably have a serious problem with 1 or 2 A YEAR. If there is one thing that I can do, it is seek and find a position of compromise with almost any customer, no matter how rude, inconsiderate, or demanding they may be. The establishment that I work at has about 20 serious incidents a year (if that many), but when a customer goes to the 'red zone', believe me, it makes a lasting impression. So no, the problem isn't me. 3) Do any of you, besides feeding your patronizing, father-knows-best propaganda to me, have the courage to answer my initial question? I will repeat it for you. What has our society come to? I will expound upon it a bit further. Just how is your own brash, cavalier, and, quite frankly, somewhat paranoid reactionism contributing to the betterment of OUR world? If the type of thinking which all of you demonstrate on this page continues to invade and pervert sanity, children are off of my list of 'things-that-I would-love-to-do-in-the-future'.

Seeing as how you guys are so fond of quotes, here's one for you:

"We recoil in horror and search for explanations, but we never face up to the obvious preventive measure: a ban on the HANDY killing machines that make crimes so easy."

Josh Sugarmann, Executive Director of the Violence Policy Center

Edited by mr. sane
Oh, I'm back. Troll, is that what I am considered in your 'club'?

1) I do own a gun and it is kept AT HOME-WHERE IT BELONGS. You better believe that I am going to defend my home with lethal force, yet I REFUSE to contribute to the decline in basic societal advancement which you people have no problem engaging in. Does this reactionary behavior make you feel proud or, worse, reasonable? As a side note, I have never been the victim of a violent crime. Perhaps my time is going to come, which I am sure that all of you will make me aware of, but I have found that common sense has served me well. As a lifelong Memphian, it sickens me that MY city gets such a bad rap, when the employment of a little prudence and levelheadedness can carry one safely through life.

2) I bartend and wait on thousands of customers a month. I probably have a serious problem with 1 or 2 A YEAR. If there is one thing that I can do, it is seek and find a position of compromise with almost any customer, no matter how rude, inconsiderate, or demanding they may be. The establishment that I work at has about 20 serious incidents a year (if that many), but when a customer goes to the 'red zone', believe me, it makes a lasting impression. So no, the problem isn't me.

3) Do any of you, besides feeding your patronizing, father-knows-best propaganda to me, have the courage to answer my initial question? I will repeat it for you. What has our society come to? I will expound upon it a bit further. Just how is your own brash, cavalier, and, quite frankly, somewhat paranoid reactionism contributing to the betterment of OUR world? If the type of thinking which all of you demonstrate on this page continues to invade and pervert sanity, children are off of my list of 'things-that-I would-love-to-do-in-the-future'.

"We recoil in horror and search for explanations, but we never face up to the obvious preventive measure: a ban on the HANDY killing machines that make crimes so easy."

I had a nice little response typed up, but decided not to waste my time with someone who is obviously mentally defective. :dropjaw:

But I went ahead and broke his babble into something readable if anyone else feels like arguing with a brick wall.

:dropjaw:

Just a few things before I have to leave...

1) You'll defend your home with deadly force,but your family,and your safety is off limits?

Yeah,that makes perfect sense!

2) how are we,as permit holders "contributing to the decline in basic societal advancement"

3)"What has our society come to?"

Ever turn the news on Mr Sane? That's what our society has come to!

I'll note that all the crime,and evil you see on the news that out society has come to,has no correlation with those of us whom have carry permits. We simply wish to protect ourselves from those evils. We are not the contributors to the decline of society!

4) "Paranoid"

Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your home,and wear a seat belt Mr Sane?

Do you consider keeping those items handy "paranoid"?

5) Your ending quote.

Have you ever read a history book Mr Sane?

Did you know that crime,and "killings" have been around far longer then firearms?

Did you know that everyday in this country that people are killed by other inanimate objects? Keeping with your line of thought,wouldnt it be necessary to ban all things that killed?

Knives,hammers,cars,beer bottles.....I could keep going with this list.

6) Lastly,yes...you are a troll.

This is a forum for firearm enthusiast to discus firearms,and firearm related topics.

You sir,have come here in an attempt to belittle us,and share your hatred for all things firearms...thus making you an internet troll.

Edited by strickj
Guest m&pc9
What has our society come to?

It is a mess, people killing for a few dollars. Women being raped, and killed for no reason.

I carry a handgun to protect me and my family when we are out on the town.

And you quote some BS to ban all handguns, Well drugs have been illegal for many years. How is that working?

Well it's obvious this would work. Just look at England where guns are banned and they now enjoy a higher violent crime rate than we do here in the US.

Oh, wait...

Guest Spuds
Just how is your own brash, cavalier, and, quite frankly, somewhat paranoid reactionism contributing to the betterment of OUR world?

Not that it's any of the adjectives you use to describe it, but it's putting folks in position to remove dangerous criminal thugs from the gene pool. If that doesn't make for a better world, I don't know what would.

children are off of my list of 'things-that-I would-love-to-do-in-the-future'.

Wish that Sugarman's mom had that notion. Do you VPC guys expect to win converts with your trolling? Or do you just come here when liquored up?

Guest slothful1

I think this bit pretty much makes it clear that you're lying about owning a gun.

Guest mr. sane

I thought it was fairly clear that the quote was intended to demonstrate my opposition to these carry laws, hence the emphasis on the word handy. I DO own a gun. I simply think that allowing every Billy the Kid to carry his/her weapon IN A RESTAURANT is another sign of social disintegration masked in 'self-defense'.

I thought it was fairly clear that the quote was intended to demonstrate my opposition to these carry laws, hence the emphasis on the word handy. I DO own a gun. I simply think that allowing every Billy the Kid to carry his/her weapon IN A RESTAURANT is another sign of social disintegration masked in 'self-defense'.
Since HCP holders in other states have been carrying guns in restaurants for years now, perhaps you could cite the many examples of law-abiding citizens who have gone "Billy the Kid" in all of those states. I'm sure it must have happened dozens, if not hundreds, of times by now. I await the many examples that you will no doubt be able to find. But, be sure to give links to reputable sources, don't just come back with a lot of bs rhetoric and conjecture devoid of facts.
Guest eyebedam

What kind of gun do you own? It looks to me you are nothing more than a troll looking for an argument. I carry on a daily basis for the sole reason to be able to protect myself & my family if it needs be. If I'm in a restaurant does that make us safe from the bad guy? I think not. Just look at what happened at that gym just last week. Evil is everywhere we just choose to be prepared.

Oh, I'm back. Troll, is that what I am considered in your 'club'? 1) I do own a gun and it is kept AT HOME-WHERE IT BELONGS. You better believe that I am going to defend my home with lethal force, yet I REFUSE to contribute to the decline in basic societal advancement which you people have no problem engaging in. Does this reactionary behavior make you feel proud or, worse, reasonable? As a side note, I have never been the victim of a violent crime. Perhaps my time is going to come, which I am sure that all of you will make me aware of, but I have found that common sense has served me well. As a lifelong Memphian, it sickens me that MY city gets such a bad rap, when the employment of a little prudence and levelheadedness can carry one safely through life. 2) I bartend and wait on thousands of customers a month. I probably have a serious problem with 1 or 2 A YEAR. If there is one thing that I can do, it is seek and find a position of compromise with almost any customer, no matter how rude, inconsiderate, or demanding they may be. The establishment that I work at has about 20 serious incidents a year (if that many), but when a customer goes to the 'red zone', believe me, it makes a lasting impression. So no, the problem isn't me. 3) Do any of you, besides feeding your patronizing, father-knows-best propaganda to me, have the courage to answer my initial question? I will repeat it for you. What has our society come to? I will expound upon it a bit further. Just how is your own brash, cavalier, and, quite frankly, somewhat paranoid reactionism contributing to the betterment of OUR world? If the type of thinking which all of you demonstrate on this page continues to invade and pervert sanity, children are off of my list of 'things-that-I would-love-to-do-in-the-future'.

Josh Sugarmann is a reasonably well paid shill for an anti-gun group. And the only results from his efforts I see are a Huffington blog and google searches passed off as studies.

And his explanation for using said quote makes no sense at all. I believe he needs to find another board to play on.

I've yet to figure out why these people think HCP Holders are so dangerous. They are the ones that take the time to go out and take classes to be certified. They are the ones that practice with their weapons. They are the ones that are acting responsibly. Your average thug does none of these things and does what he or she wants. If I were a business owner, I would love cliental like HCP holders!

Actually, the more I think about it, I think I know why these business owners are acting the way they are. The are elitists that think they know better than the rest of us. Sorta like Congressmen and Senators in Washington. Same group of people!

Guest 3pugguy
"Mr Sane" is obviously an ill fitting alias.

+1

He/she is just another anti-gun internet troll, signing up for forums, so when he/she is having a coffee klatch with other like minded trolls, he/she can puff up their chest and talk about how they are "really giving it to" those danged gun nuts (how dare those gun nuts exercise a right?).

IMO, internet trolls are a sign of what our society has come to and it isn't pretty (that is, bunch of hide out and sling mud at things they have no understanding of and copy/paste the words of other trolls).

Guest HexHead

Just the fact that you would use a quote from a guy that's the executive director from one of the premier anti-gun groups to try and make a point, tells me everything I need to know about you.

I do own a gun and it is kept AT HOME-WHERE IT BELONGS.

Slightly contradictory, are we?

Obviously you don't, but if you did actually believe it the quote you've posted, I'll be more than happy to take that gun off your hands.

Talk about paranoid? If you can manage to protect yourself without a gun when working, shopping or simply driving through the slums of Memphis, why on earth would you stoop to the level of possessing a gun for home protection?

You, my friend, are a very confused individual.

For the sake of your [present or future] mate and children, I hope you're able to soon find yourself and decide if they are really worth protecting.