Caution to all soon to be restaurant carriers

Just a word of caution to all soon to be restaurant carriers: Make sure that when you go to the rest room, make sure your pistol is securely attached to its holster. you don't want to drop your pistol in the toilet when pulling up your pants. i can't tell you how many times i have sent my phone swimming like that. so please, PLEASE, be careful. we do not want any accidental (excuse me - unnecessary discharges) in these public places.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pws_smokeyjones
Just a word of caution to all soon to be restaurant carriers: Make sure that when you go to the rest room, make sure your pistol is securely attached to its holster. you don't want to drop your pistol in the toilet when pulling up your pants. i can't tell you how many times i have sent my phone swimming like that. so please, PLEASE, be careful. we do not want any accidental (excuse me - unnecessary discharges) in these public places.

So, this will work the same as when I go to the restroom at home or restaurants that don't serve alcohol right? Or maybe just like when I go to the mens room at -heaven forbid- Wal-Mart? Just making sure there wasn't some procedural difference for places that also serve alcohol. :P

Guest Halfpint

I keep it simple--always use the stalls, always put the pistol on the toilet tank or TP rack so there's nothing TO fall out of the holster. :P

So, this will work the same as when I go to the restroom at home or restaurants that don't serve alcohol right? Or maybe just like when I go to the mens room at -heaven forbid- Wal-Mart? Just making sure there wasn't some procedural difference for places that also serve alcohol. :P

This applies to all places with toilets. HOWEVER, it is especially important that there are no accidental discharges in restaurants where alcohol is served because guns & alcohol don't mix. If one were to drop there firearm in say, WalMarts rest room, no big deal simply because no alcohol was being served and the dropper was not consuming. Although, dropping at home, well, that's a whole new thread....

I do prefer dropping at home.

Man, if I dropped anything in a public toilet it's gonna stay there until the help comes and gets it out for me!

In all seriousness, if one's roscoe did drop and discharge in a restaurant after July 14th there might be panic and stampeding in the place.

Edited by Garufa
Guest pws_smokeyjones
I keep it simple--always use the stalls, always put the pistol on the toilet tank or TP rack so there's nothing TO fall out of the holster. :P

I have heard first hand accounts of firearms getting accidentally left using that method. If it is necessary to remove it from the holster, I drop it in the crotch of my pants while sitting. No way I am going to forget it is there. :D

ooo remind us all never to borrow your cell LOL
Good advice. Takes a brave man to admit he's been fishing around in the commode! :P

Never said I retrieved, just dropped. Sometimes a $19.00 phone just ain't worth it.

You should just not carry your phone in a restaurant. It's really anoying to have to listen to some DA yelling into their cell phone while I'm trying to have a nice quiet meal. Extreme rudeness. I can't think of any phone call that can't wait an hour till I'm done eating. Rule your phone, don't let it rule you.

Guest m&pc9

Google Image Result for http://blogs.app.com/saywhat/files/2009/01/toilet.jpg

A Utah man bagged a public toilet at Centerville’s Carl’s Jr. restaurant Tuesday when his gun fell out of its holster and misfired as he was pulling up his pants.

Here I sit broken-hearted

Police said a Salt Lake City man received minor injuries to his arm from flying shards of porcelain when the .40-caliber bullet from his gun shattered the toilet as it hit the tile floor, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

The 26-year-old had a concealed-weapons permit but police confiscated the firearm for “safe-keeping” while they reviewed the incident and to give the man time to calm down.

No one else was injured in the incident, however a woman in the adjacent restroom complained of chest pain after being frightened by the shot.

A good place to be if the (bad word) is scared out of you.

toilet-300x197.jpg

Check out some of the comment on the web site.:P

I was at a USPSA match once and I saw a man with a scowl on his face and a blue hand, carrying a glock by a pencil through the trigger guard.

You guessed it, his wife lost it in the port-o-potty and he had to fish it out.

Good thing it was a cold range.

Idaho

I was at a USPSA match once and I saw a man with a scowl on his face and a blue hand, carrying a glock by a pencil through the trigger guard.

Idaho

ughh...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.....

Google Image Result for http://blogs.app.com/saywhat/files/2009/01/toilet.jpg

A Utah man bagged a public toilet at Centerville’s Carl’s Jr. restaurant Tuesday when his gun fell out of its holster and misfired as he was pulling up his pants.

Here I sit broken-hearted

Police said a Salt Lake City man received minor injuries to his arm from flying shards of porcelain when the .40-caliber bullet from his gun shattered the toilet as it hit the tile floor, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

The 26-year-old had a concealed-weapons permit but police confiscated the firearm for “safe-keeping†while they reviewed the incident and to give the man time to calm down.

No one else was injured in the incident, however a woman in the adjacent restroom complained of chest pain after being frightened by the shot.

A good place to be if the (bad word) is scared out of you.

toilet-300x197.jpg

Check out some of the comment on the web site.:P

You see, this is my point exactly!!! just look at the damage this caused!! Notice there is no poop on the floor...

Guest blackbeltchick

yes, it is important to know where your phone and gun are at all times. It's also important to be sure EVERYTHING is handled correctly in the restroom at all times.

Idaho

I know a person who had a similar experience with a MagLite. Only difference was, the MagLite didn't get recovered. That Port-A-John glowed for a few hours until the flashlight batteries died. :):D

Guest 3pugguy

That gives a whole new meaning to crappy cell coverage...

Guest Astra900

Well, I don't pull down my pants to piss, that's what zippers are for and there ain't NO way in he|| I'm taking a dump in a public terlet. There's no way they clean those things good enough, and there's nothing worse than trying to put a few layers of TP over the seat so you can slide around on it and get it stuck to your ars. Plan ahead, make your offerings to the porcelain god in your own personal shrine, then there's no worries.

LMAO!

The absolute worst is when you sit down and the toilet is warm. UGH! I can't even make myself take a dump on a warm toilet seat in my own house. I'll get up with pants around my ankles and run to our second restroom.

But in a public restroom, that's just pure evil.

Well, I don't pull down my pants to piss, that's what zippers are for and there ain't NO way in he|| I'm taking a dump in a public terlet. There's no way they clean those things good enough, and there's nothing worse than trying to put a few layers of TP over the seat so you can slide around on it and get it stuck to your ars. Plan ahead, make your offerings to the porcelain god in your own personal shrine, then there's no worries.