July 14, 2009 *NASHVILLE AREA* Restaurant Meet (Please see NEW thread)

Will you be able to attend a late dinner in the greater Nashville area?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to attend a late dinner in the greater Nashville area?

• YES... I will be there. (Will likely be held at 8pm CST, location TBA)
    • NO... I won't be there.

• Administrator

IMPORTANT...

I have added a poll to this thread. Please vote (and do it quick) so that I can get an initial head-count of how many people will likely be attending the Nashville-area dinner.

The venue will be announced shortly. I just need to know how many will likely attend so that I can have an intelligent conversation with the management of several restaurants.

Venue will be within a 20-30 minute drive of downtown Nashville proper. Maybe even closer than that. We're just keeping our options open!

Event will happen at 8:00pm CST since it will be held in conjunction with a LIVE call-in to the NRA Radio "Cam and Company" show from Nikki Goeser who will be in attendance.

Edited by TGO David
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Just so everyone is aware...

Nikki Goeser has asked that we try to assemble a group somewhere in Nashville for a celebration of the new law. One of us will post more details about that in this thread as soon as the fine touches are put on it.

Guest Bronker

Perhaps somewhere where there has been a pro-active, 2A-friendly statement made publicly. At this point, Ruby Tuesdays perhaps? I'm down for this wherever we go! Are we inviting any honored guests? Lawmakers, media?

• Administrator
Perhaps somewhere where there has been a pro-active, 2A-friendly statement made publicly. At this point, Ruby Tuesdays perhaps? I'm down for this wherever we go! Are we inviting any honored guests? Lawmakers, media?

A lot of those things are in the works. A venue has been suggested to Nikki by a potential honored guest; I'm awaiting confirmation on several things before I post it.

Guest JHatmaker

I can do both, though dinner would work the best for me as I only get an hour lunch break, and would like to be able to hang out and meet everyone vs having to rush.

But I'll go with whatever we decide.

Guest HexHead

Assuming Jackson's in Hillsboro Village doesn't post, it would be a great choice with their patio. Besides, it's next door to Sunset Grill and across the street from Bosco's.

LOLOLOLOL

Guest Bronker
I would like to but I have to work this weekend. I hope everyone has a good time and be safe.

Hey D, this event is JULY 14, not JUNE, and is during the week. You've got time, pal. Be there!

i say hold the gathering at Ruby Tuesday's. i thought someone posted that RT's made a pro 2A statement about the new law? call all the local media and have them come out and do a live report of law abiding citizens open carrying and dining. that would be a big slap in the face to a few governmental asshats.

Guest JHatmaker
Why must we be relegated to a room in the back? Are we embarrassed to be HCP holders and carriers of firearms?

Uh, no. What in my statement insinuated I was embarressed to be an HCP holder and that we must be relegated to the back? It's a banquet room so we'd have the place all to ourselves, tables grouped together so we could all sit together vs spread throughout the restaurant if it's busy, and a dedicated service group...

What's embarrasing about that?

Edited by JHatmaker

Count me in. I suggest someplace in or near downtown Nashville due to central location and most of the places that have been in the media as planning to put signs up are therein. (Hillsboro Village area, 2nd Ave area.) I know a couple of pro-2A legislators (from both sides of the aisle) who voted for the bill and the over-ride who I can invite if we think that is appropriate.

With the restaurant's approval, I would also suggest issuing a press release about the event. I'd love to see some positive media coverage for a change. "Look! A bunch of people with guns ate at "x" restaurant and no one was shot!" :D

Anyway, count me in.