best Verizon network phone?

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

I'm on Verizon and for several reasons its not in my best interest to switch providers. However, I'm up on my new every two plan and was looking to upgrade my phone.

Currently I've got a Samsung phone (I think its called a trifold...flips two ways) I've been pretty happy with it and see they have a newer version that is rated pretty highly. There are only a few annoyances with it. What phones do you all have on Verizon. Its confusing to me to go through their list of phones and decide what is good and what sucks.

Any suggestions? I prefer to have a phone with a QWERTY, decent camera is a big plus. I don't use mine very often for music. I like to be able to access the internet or at least email. I'm not too big on features necessarily other than text, and occasional email/internet. Thanks!

Also....I take my phone on rough jobs sometimes, so it must be reliable and durable.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've got a Samsung iPhone clone that looks pretty sweet. I think it's packing a 5MP camera too. LG's iPhone clone (called "The Dare" maybe?) is pretty cool, my buddy has one.

Or, you could always wait for the iphone to come to Verizon, I've heard it's coming this year.

my wife and I both have Verizon and we both just got new phones. We were at our 2 years also, and you get and additional discount if you order it from Verizon's website. We didn't pay a dime for either phone!

My wife got the Samsung Omnia. It is an all touch screen with windows mobile 6.1, internet, word,excel, but the keyboard is touch screen. That is why I got the Samsung I770 Saga. It has all the same features but half of the phone is touch screen - the other half is querty keyboard. in fact, I am typing from my phone now. The optical mouse is really cool on both phones.

there are other phones, but you can get a good smartphone free if you order it from their wesite.

Edited by Batman

I use the Blackberry Storm, and I'm fairly happy with it. I use it for phone, texting, and music. I'm hoping that they'll write more apps for it.

Drawbacks are the keyboard with big fingers. It's not easy to type for me. Surfing the web is frustrating, but I think that would be so for every phone. I also like having my home emails forwarded to the phone.

Guest 70below
my wife and I both have Verizon and we both just got new phones. We were at our 2 years also, and you get and additional discount if you order it from Verizon's website. We didn't pay a dime for either phone!

My wife got the Samsung Omnia. It is an all touch screen with windows mobile 6.1, internet, word,excel, but the keyboard is touch screen. That is why I got the Samsung I770 Saga. It has all the same features but half of the phone is touch screen - the other half is querty keyboard. in fact, I am typing from my phone now. The optical mouse is really cool on both phones.

there are other phones, but you can get a good smartphone free if you order it from their wesite.

I use the Blackberry Storm, and I'm fairly happy with it. I use it for phone, texting, and music. I'm hoping that they'll write more apps for it.

Drawbacks are the keyboard with big fingers. It's not easy to type for me. Surfing the web is frustrating, but I think that would be so for every phone. I also like having my home emails forwarded to the phone.

How do you all feel about the size of your phones? I'm somewhat disappointed how everything is getting big again after years of shrinking them down. Granted, bigger screens and keyboards are a plus, but I like to throw the phone in a cell phone pocket of my jeans too.

i have a older samsung u620 slider and i liked it but like any phone its getting old, time for a new one. i really like the looks of the samsung alias2 i love the keys that change on it depending on which way you flip it. if it werent available i would get the samsung flipshot.

i personally dont care for accessing the web from my phone so all these big touch screens do nothing for me. i dont text much so i dont want something with a keyboard only, i need the keypad for less confusion, thats why i like the alias2, keypad when you flip it for portrait and a keyboard for when you flip it landscape, pretty cool imo

Guest 70below

I have been looking at the Alias 2 also, I currently have the original Alias, for some reason I thought it was called the trifold, but I guess not. If they have fixed a couple of the thinks I don't like about it, it might be a good upgrade. I'll have to put my hands on one at a retailer and see how it has changed.

One of the main things I don't like about the alias is the keypad, while its great to have both the phone and qwerty integrated into the same pad, it can be very confusing when in normal phone as the keys blend into the keyboard a bit too much initially, and because they are all the same size and shape they are hard to find when your attention is distracted sometimes.

The internet access is pretty challenged and difficult, good for checking the weather occasionally, and the email is rough, but can be done. For someone that wants just a phone with text, and music, its pretty great.

I was looking closer at the Omnia, and I love that it has a 5.0mp camera, but no true QWERTY, poor battery life, and the reviews say its fragile.....that worries me the most.

The Saga looks pretty good and interests me, but the camera is only 2.0mp. It would be a big boon to me to have a decent camera with me, often I am on a job and don't have my camera handy, most cell phones don't give you more than a snapshot to jog your memory.

If you want it tough there is the Motorola Adventure. It's mil spec and thin. It is close to the size of the razor which they do not have any more. The numbers on the key pad and the font on the screen is large which is good for old eyes if you have any use for that.

I have the motorolla 9Q or Q9, whatever, the Q phone. I like it, I don't like the data plan but I use it enough to warrant keeping it. If I was to buy another phone today it would be another Q or at least a windows based "smartphone"

Well i have the treo' (windows version) I love it. I have treated it like garbage for the last 4 years. I FINALLY managed to crack the touch screen. The nice thing about the treo is every function can be done via touch screen OR keypad. I love this phone and i cant throw anything at it that it cant handle, IM with any questions

Guest snowduck

I have the GzOne Boulder from verizon and love it

Its Rugged and waterproof has built in compass and camera with flash

other features that i have not looked into are gps maps and locator