New gun for carry class

After reading the responses I got to my dumb question about taking the carry class after having surgery on my right shoulder. I took the advice and bought a walther P22 so I can shoot left handed. Now all I have to do is practice so I can hit the target with my left hand. Thanks for the advice, I had never even thought of using a 22.:screwy:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't already, be sure to read up on the ammo choices and FTF/FTE issues some ammo causes. My friend has the P22 and the Sig Mosquito. Both are finicky eaters of .22. I can't recall which ammo is best. A search in the handgun section will probably turn up some threads on this.

Guest RISC777
If you haven't already, be sure to read up on the ammo choices and FTF/FTE issues some ammo causes. My friend has the P22 and the Sig Mosquito. Both are finicky eaters of .22. I can't recall which ammo is best. A search in the handgun section will probably turn up some threads on this.

Also, rimfirecentral.com forums.

Guest blackbeltchick

I know as far as the ammo goes, I have trouble with the remington .22 bulk pack hanging up more so than any other.

Guest foister82

if the p22 is like my mosquito (which im sure it is considering they're so similar) they absolutely love CCI minimags, winchester superX and after you get about 1k rounds through it you can shoot basically whatever you want. Does the P22 come with a 2nd spring? My mosquito did, and from what i read if you're not using high velocity you want to go with the shorter spring, but high velocity you keep the longer factory spring in.

It only came with one spring, but I am going to pick up a spare. The only thing I don't like about the gun is the way you put the slide back on. Seems to me the spring could get damaged in the process.

That's why they include that little rod that seems to serve no purpose. It's a tool to help get that spring aligned when putting the slide back on.

if the p22 is like my mosquito (which im sure it is considering they're so similar) they absolutely love CCI minimags, winchester superX and after you get about 1k rounds through it you can shoot basically whatever you want. Does the P22 come with a 2nd spring? My mosquito did, and from what i read if you're not using high velocity you want to go with the shorter spring, but high velocity you keep the longer factory spring in.
I have the Mosquito also and experienced the same results. It has loved CCI Mini-Mags from day one and has never failed to work perfectly with them. Now that I have 5-600 rds. through it, it works well with pretty much any HV ammo. From everything I've heard the P22 would probably be similar.

I second the suggestion of checking out Rimfirecentral.com. RFC is a great place to find lots of info on these pistols, or any rimfire for that matter.

Cliff

Congrats! Good choice, I never have had an issue with anything CCI as far as ammo is concerned. Mini-mag and Stinger mostly. Remington Golden Bullets work well too with a very rare FTE or FTF, but never an issue with CCI stuff. Had the higest score in my class with my P22 and got to save some $$ on ammo.

Guest clsutton21

You have to be careful though, my school required me to shoot my .357 instead of my .22. Oh and we shot the last 6 shots lefthanded. :)