How do you spot an HCP holder?

Guest mikedwood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest momuzyk
If you want to pick out a HCP holder ask them about the 2nd, 10th and 14th amendments. They'll describe them and even quote the 2nd verbatim.

Mention Jimmy Naifeh, if they have to apologize for their sudden verbal outburst, they're an HCP holder.

Tell them the local Wally World just got a full supply of ammo in. If they're gone before you can blink, they're an HCP holder.[/QUOTE]

:biglol::D:D:D:D:D

Guest m&pc9
How to spot a "NEW" HPC holder.

A guy walking around Walmart with a nervous look on his face often checking his shirt tail.

+1 I remember checking my shirt many times.

+1 I remember checking my shirt many times.

LOL, me too. You can spot a HCP holder who's had their permit for years, he will be the one reaching up to get something from the top of the rack and half his Glock is showing and he doesn't care. :D

Guest blackbeltchick

She's the one that doesn't look scared when leaving Walmart after dark. Even has her head held high and aware of everything around her. Watch out, she may not be an easy target for those who carry illegally. IMO

Guest 72ratcamaro
How to spot a "NEW" HPC holder.

A guy walking around Walmart with a nervous look on his face often checking his shirt tail.

:lol:

Guest dizzielizzie
... he will be the one reaching up to get something from the top of the rack and half his Glock is showing and he doesn't care.

:D that's happened a couple of times to me!

How about running around with your shirt hung up on it & not noticing until someone says "hey - your gun is showing!"

How about running around with your shirt hung up on it & not noticing until someone says "hey - your gun is showing!"

Been there done that. I was checking out at the register at the local grocery a while back when the cashier, (I knew her), jokingly put her hands up in the air, I knew what she was doing so I looked and my shirt was draped the top up over my gun. I pulled it back down over it and she just laughed.

It's the guy yelling "Contact!" and tactically rolls everywhere instead of walking.
That's called the Oak Ridge stroll.

:poop:

I always wondered why it felt so natural to do that.........;)

You can spot a new HCP holder by watching them attempt to get caught carrying. (meaning they're proud to be a HCP holder) :D

I did this for the first 2 weeks a few years ago to see just what I could and couldn't get away with. Sad part is......no one noticed or cared. :) People just don't pay attention.

Edited by kwe45919

That's why you must do the shirt tail tug after each time you do a stretching reach to get something off a shelf.

Been there done that. I was checking out at the register at the local grocery a while back when the cashier, (I knew her), jokingly put her hands up in the air, I knew what she was doing so I looked and my shirt was draped the top up over my gun. I pulled it back down over it and she just laughed.
That's why you must do the shirt tail tug after each time you do a stretching reach to get something off a shelf.

Funny story from last night, pertaining to exactly that.

A friend and I went to a party in Nashville. I carried, neither of us drank, everything was fine. We stopped at a gas station on the way back to my place, and I went inside to get a drink.

I pulled my choice off the top rack of the cooler, and proceeded to the register. I paid, and on my way out the door felt something funny. I reached back and found my shirt stuck between my P30 and my back. No big deal.

I got back in the truck, and my buddy said "Dude, did you see that guy in the green shirt behind you? I think he was checking you out! He kept looking at your butt."

Always check your shirt tail, otherwise an observer might get the wrong impression. :)

Stopped in walgreens today to get a paper, and reached in my front pocket to get 4 quarters. I completely forgot that I had a speed strip with 6 JHPs in it in the same pocket, and pulled everything out to get the coins. Even when I realized what I'd done I just stuck the ammo back in my pocket and looked at the cashier, who had a deer in the headlights look on her face. I just smiled and thanked her and walked out.

• 1 year later...
an hcp holder may even have a badge displayed proudly telling evryone he is an HCP. (lord forbid)

They may have a less stressed look on thier face unles it is a newby

they may even have their weapon in full sight.

Oh, the humanity. Don't they think about the children?

Guest 73challenger

I spotted a guy today at Walmart because he had camo BDU pants on then I noticed him adjust his gun. He was printing REALLY bad. So tacticool!

an hcp holder may even have a badge displayed proudly telling evryone he is an HCP. (lord forbid)

They may have a less stressed look on thier face unles it is a newby

they may even have their weapon in full sight.

YES! I was eating at a local restaurant the other day and I saw this guy with a badge hanging on his belt sticking out from under his shirt. I immediately thought it was some local cop who didn't learn anything about staying low-key off duty. Then I looked a little closer and saw it was a Concealed Weapon Permit badge. What a winner!

Guest tnxdshooter
I just ignore them. Not willing to waste a second of my time trying to convince anyone. Let them be the next victim.

I shut some anti up on face book when she was posting on randy rayburns guns in Bars (you and i know there are no bars in TN). She started in about how we were evil and what not and dangerous. I said okay I will remember that you said that that way in case we are ever at a public place and someone comes in and they are about to shoot you and I have a clean shot, the element of surprise, and precision shooting on my side instead of ending the threat perhaps I just let you become a victim? NO one posted on that one specific thing anymore after me. I shut up most of the nay sayers with that response.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Like has been said, if we are doing it right no one will ever know.

Some time ago I came out of our local K-Mart a bit after dark and stopped to scan the parking lot. The security guard saw me and asked me if I had lost my car. I told him NO that I was just checking for thugs as the place sits on the edge of one of our hoods.

He kinda looked at me funny and then said that if I was that concerned that maybe I should think about getting a carry permit.

I told him I would sure think about it and chuckled all the way to my van with my EDC and a spare mag in my waistband and my BUG in my pocket.:);)