CZ P07 Range Report

Smith

Finally got to the range today to put some rounds through the new CZ P-07. I must say I had high hopes for the CZ as it seemed to be the perfect compact carry gun for me. An accurate, hammer fired, good SA (cocked and locked, baby!), polymer, G19 sized, reliable, quick resetting trigger, tough, carry gun.

I must say I was not disappointed!:up:

Put 250 rounds through it without a hiccup! Used Blazer Brass 115g, Fed HST 115g +p, and Fed PBLE +P+.

PROs:

- Recoil was nearly non-existent

- accuracy was excellent

- sights were easy to pick up

- trigger was very good.

- reset was fairly short and very pronounced with a solid and audible "click"

Cons:

- while the trigger was very good reset was not quite as snappy as I would have liked. Of course this is in comparison to a G19 and M&P, but it is also not a striker fired gun. Compared to the 3 very good Hi-power triggers I have had, it was excellent! The trigger only got better as shooting increased and I imagine that will continue.

The mags were also VERY stiff on the last round. They did loosen up as the time worn on and I suspect it will only get better.

Bottom line? It was everything I was hoping it would be. A little less take up (in SA mode) and a little snappier reset would make it perfect for my preferences.

I also used Don's guide rod he was kind enough for me to send me for free to test. It worked like a charm and had zero problems. The spring did rough up the rod a little, but nothing problematic. It looks good too!:D

No problems some early owners have reported.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Good to hear, especially since you put so many rounds through it w/o any problems. Congrats! Maybe you could make it down to the next Meet and Shoot at Owl Hollow and let me test it out?? :shake:

Thanks for the range report! Your review is very encouraging as I just purchased a P07 at Guns and Leather a couple of days ago. Haven't had the time to get to the range, but I should rectify that this week. The gun feels good, looks good, and it's a CZ! I just wish there was more of a selection of holsters without having to use a G19 or XD holster.

Smith, did you get the guide rod from Don on the CZ forum? It may be something I will want to look into. Once again, thanks for the report.

Thanks for the range report! Your review is very encouraging as I just purchased a P07 at Guns and Leather a couple of days ago. Haven't had the time to get to the range, but I should rectify that this week. The gun feels good, looks good, and it's a CZ! I just wish there was more of a selection of holsters without having to use a G19 or XD holster.

Smith, did you get the guide rod from Don on the CZ forum? It may be something I will want to look into. Once again, thanks for the report.

Yeah, Don sent me one for free to test out. Worked great.

Last week's Gun Tests magazine gave it a good review and a B+. The only thing they didn't like was the short safety on/off lever. Apparently there is an after market lever that is a bit longer and easier to reach. Here's a link to the online manual in pdf format:

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/cz75P-07DUTY_en.pdf

Edited by mousegunner
Last week's Gun Tests magazine gave it a good review and a B+. The only thing they didn't like was the short safety on/off lever. Apparently there is an after market lever that is a bit longer and easier to reach. Here's a link to the online manual in pdf format:

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/cz75P-07DUTY_en.pdf

It is a hair short and the article was a little deceiving on that statement about after market availability. To my knowledge there isn't one yet. I think they were saying that CZ has a reputation for making after market upgrade part available.

been thinking of getting one of these... but also used to and a fan of the glock reset, would you consider it 90%, 80%, 70%, etc. as good?

Different. The Glock is striker fired and the P07 is a true SA hammer fired. For a SA it is very good. Definitely longer than the Glock but not bad in any sense. Just different.

I have held the P07, squeezed the trigger over and over etc...

I am still partial to the only pistol I carry...

The CZ P01

From my limited experience the Omega trigger is much lighter and smoother factory than even a broken in P01 or other 75/85 series CZ.

I took mine to the range today. Effortless to shoot in sa mode but da was a bit stiff. Ran 107 rounds through it with no malfunctions of any sort. Mix of federal 9mm an jhp winchesters. All in all an excellent gun but I'm thinking of swapping or selling for a single stack or m&p.

From my limited experience the Omega trigger is much lighter and smoother factory than even a broken in P01 or other 75/85 series CZ.

Good to know. I actually just got my (one of my..) P 01's back from CZ customs..they did a nice trigger job. Very sweet indeed. Costly but sweet.

Enjoy the P07...any CZ is great in my book.

Saw one for the first time yesterday; unusually fat slide for a CZ. The balance of that bugged me...

It can feel top heavy until you load a magazine w/ 16 rounds. I quite liked the way it felt in my hand and the way it pointed. Much easier to shoot than a Glock 19...felt like shooting a USP as a matter of fact.

I think the slide appears wider due to the thinness of the grip. Looking at the numbers the P07 looks wider than other guns, but when they are side by side it's hard to tell any difference. I've been carrying mine for a few days now and it carries and conceal better than the G19 or Walther P99 I had (concealed OWB).

It and the 75B sitting next to it looked vastly different in slide width; grip felt good, though...

Yeah, it's definitely not the HI-Power knockoff, but at the same time it is about as close to a polymer, 16+, Hi-power I have found.