Ruger LCP .380

SHARPPOINT

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on buying one in the near future fo a left hand front pocket backup, I got to shoot one the other day at the range and I was surprised that it had so much kick, and they look cool with a Crimson Trace Laser!!! How does it shoot for you? COOP

I have had one for about 8 months. It is a nice little gun for the summer. About 10 yards is it for me, after that it's hit or miss. Make sure you have the magazine grip extension, otherwise you can only get two fingers on it. I have a DeSantis pocket "hoslter" which works well. I keep bigger stuff near by just in case.

Guest Shooter5X5

I bought one 2 months ago. Put 100 rounds through it and it shoot great. it's a GREAT carry gun, but it"s too small for my hands. I've just put mine up for sale on the trading post forum. I would highly recommend it for anyone with normal to small sized hands.

From my experience, they tend to shoot just a bit low, so be sure to not use a "six-o-clock" site picture. Aim center to slightly high and you'll hit whatever you aim at.

I've had one for several months and have put about a hundred rounds through it, with no FTE or FTF's. It is perfect for what it was designed to do...an easily concealable gun to carry when it's not practical/possible to carry something bigger. Mine conceals nicely in a Desantis Nemesis. The only downside is the relative unavailability of 380 ammo.:tough:

I've had mine for about three weeks, and have taken it to the range twice - probably 150 rounds. It has a kick, and wants to jump out of my hand when I shoot, so I'll probably look for some 'texture-tape' for the grip to make it easier to hang on to it. Other than that, it shoots great, and will work fine as a 'shorts & T-shirt' carry pistol when nothing else is concealable.

Guest Shooter5X5

I love mine. I bought a "post recall" (newer serial number) and have put about 100 rounds through it. It shoots great...albeit a bit low so be sure to site it on or slightly above center. It is so easy to conceal and carry that you forget you have it. The only problem is that it's too small for my hands so I'm gonna sell or trade mine away. Good luck with yours!

Guest Bluemax

Pachmeyr makes a small slip on grip which does wonders for your hand if you plan on any range time. You may have to trim a little where the mag release is but the result is well worth it

I like how small and light they are if you plan to pocket carry but didn't like how it wouldn't lock back on an empty magazine. I don't think the Kel-Tecs do either though. Anyone know why they don't make them so they will lock back? Is it simply a build cost issue?

I like how small and light they are if you plan to pocket carry but didn't like how it wouldn't lock back on an empty magazine. I don't think the Kel-Tecs do either though. Anyone know why they don't make them so they will lock back? Is it simply a build cost issue?

I thought that the Rugers do lock back after last round,I know the Kel tecs do not.

Guest SureShot308

When I was in the market for a pocket pistol I looked into the Ruger, Kel Tec, Micro Eagle, Colt Mustang, NA Gaurdian, Sig P238, and the Kahr P380. The Ruger and the Kel Tec seemed like the grips were way too small. I liked the Colt but I wasn't about to pay 800+ for one. The Micro Eagle was too Square. I finally found a P380 and fell in love with it the first time I held it. I got to put my hands on the Sig for the first time this weekend also and I like it a lot too. Recoil on the Kahr is really minimal for a gun that small, and it's pretty darn accurate also.

I had one for a couple months. Shot a few hundred rounds, nothing remarkable one way or the other. Got fed up with the hysteria of trying to find ammo for less than $1.00 a shot and said "The Hell With It!" I can shoot .45 or 9mm for half the price and have twice the performance.

Traded it for a compact .45 and haven't looked back. Hope I didn't rain on the party!

I have one and really enjoy it. the desantis nemesis was mentioned earlier. i had one of those but switched to the desantis superfly. basically the same but has an additional removable flap that fits between the holster body and the inside of your pocket. does a GREAT job of making it look like a wallet in your front pocket if you move your leg in a way that tightens up that area.

b