Bump Safes or Gun Hide aways

Saw this mentioned in the Fort Knox thread and it is a question that has been intriguing me for a long time.

Does anyone know where to find or get plans where one can conceal a firearm in a home yet have it readily accessible if needed.

Any key word terminology is appreciated as I have been googling unsuccessfully for a while with no coherent results.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concealed = open box behind picture on the wall?

Is that kinda on the right track??

Kind of ... more with a closed lid with some hidden latch or a bump type latch that does not catch the untrained eye.

Kids are all gone and if the grandkids visit, they will get locked up and secured.

Special wall hangings ... ornate decorations ... whatever.

I have tools and know how to use them, all I need is a productive direction to go towards.

I think that one would be awesome. No one would ever think of stealing a cheap wall hanging clock.

I actually bought the first one, and it's ok but I never used it, I got too many "out of the way" places to stash what I need. So it sits in the floor of my office collecting dust.:D:D

Yup, exactly what I was looking for .... now for a place for my pump. :)

Was thinking of cutting an opening in the sheet rock and covering it with some trim or maybe a mirror.

Juices are starting to flow now ..

Thanks guys!

Are you trying to "hide" it or just place it out of sight? If just out of sight, they make a mound you can mount to the back of your door and "hang" gun there.

"I have heard of" 11721.giff"a secret compartment" in a closet. The inside of the closet is 3/16 finished plywood. The plywood is cut on an angle in a square shape and framed behind it so the plywood won't fall in. It is perfect for a few hand guns and clips. Put a screw into the removable panel as a handle. Your gun is in the ready position and the kids or grandkids will not find it. And if your house gets broken into the crook won't find it.

Ray ;-)

Click here to add cool Smileys to this website for FREE!

Guest JHatmaker
Check out my website I have plenty of concealed safes:up:

www.nashvillesafehouse.com

MB

I wish I would have thought of doing a wall safe in b/t the wall studs in my closet while we were building our house. That would have been perfect.

I assume you can still do something like this though, will just have to cut into the drywall.

Unless you have a gun hidden in every room in your house, you are unlikely to have easy access to it when you need it. If self defense is your concern, consider carrying around the house, concealed if you prefer. At night, if you don't have children, put it on your nite stand.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Packaged Chaos

I have the Biometric wall vault and like it. You just find 2 studs put the pattern on the wall and use a drywall saw to cut it out then put the safe in mark your studs with a pencil or pen, pull the safe out and drill pilot holes. Then put the safe in and bolt with the lag bolts. Probably be just as good to buy the keypad only version. My wife has dry hands and it had a hard time reading her fingerprint.

• 2 weeks later...