Taurus PT145 and Glock 30SF

Guest WTDeBerry

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to the mid tn meet and shoot and shoot my Glock 30 or 21 if you want. Maybe you can find one of these Taurus guys that can bring a Taurus you can shoot.

I shoot both. G21 and Taurus MilPro. Both have their advantages. I like the feel of the Taurus much better, but also love my Glock. Cant comment on the G30.

Just to add my thoughts; I've had two 1st gen Pt145, a Milpro PT145,and a Milpro PT140. All have been extremely accurate and comfortable to shoot/carry. Fired easily a thousand rounds thru each. They feed reliably with everything loaded--fmj/hardball military surplus/reloads and hp; in any weight loaded, Although the Milpro 145 seemed to like 185 gr best, it was more accurate and controllable to reacquire sight picture than with 200 gr loads.

But in any event they all fed well with the exception of a weak mag spring with the 1st gen Pt145, and polishing the feed ramp on it made me fell perfectly comfortable with it as a primary carry.

And no, I'm not a glock basher. They are fine weapons. I'm just saying the Taurus is a good alternative at a most competative price.

I own both a glock 21 and a pt145- I like em both for different reasons but if this will tell you anything, the pt 145 is on the night stand- the glock is for zombie, earthquake and hurricane episodes-

I can solve your problem... Go with the springfield XDsc40. See my avtar. 1102 rounds with only 3 FTL with target rounds and haven't bought the Winchester white box since. It loves Federal rounds and I usually shoot 200 rounds per session and no troubles after the WWB.

My vote goes for the Glock. Seems like too many folks have issues with Taurus, and dealing with their customer service is a pain apparently.

I've owned a PT140, and while I never had any issues with it, there was just something I didn't like about it. Put about 300 rounds through it without a problem, but would still go with the Glock.

What he said.:hat:

Guest RandomHero

Glock 30SF vote right here. I've had my "MGE" prefix gun for years now, w/ not a single FTF, FTE, FTRTB, ANYTHING. Been through thousands of rounds. WWB, Federal, Goldensabers, Magtechs, Corbon widemouths, Corbon DPX. Nothing phases it :eek:

• 1 year later...

Since this thread has been resurected, I'll add another comment. I still like my PT145...but have acquired a G30 since last post. I really like shooting it and find that I may be just a bit more accurate with the G30 than the PT145. But still haven't had any problems with either gun. Both shoot well and reliably. I really don't have a preference, but...the Taurus does seem just a bit more comfortable in my hands.