Blue Light Flashlights

Guest SUNTZU

Guest SUNTZU

I'm looking for a solid flashlight to keep in my first aid kit, as well as one for the home first aid kit that are used to see blood. The one for my GHB needs to be small and stand up to abuse. Any suggestions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What price range? A blue light or blue filter helps blood stand out.

Personally, for a (hopefully) seldom used first aid kit light, I'd probably go with a SureFire E1E with a blue filter. It's a single 123A battery incandescent light. However, cost may be prohibitive.

In any case, if you don't plan to use the light often, look for one with a CR123A battery. Those batteries generally have about a 10 year shelf life with no leakage.

Cheaper option, you could always go with a Mini-MagLite. Keep an eye on the batteries if you don't use it often, and I'm sure someone makes filters for them.

Guest SUNTZU

I've been looking for the mini mags with the blue filter locally and failing. Spending money on a FAK item is not something I have a problem with, personally. If I need it, I REALLY need it. I was thinking of one of the Browning lights I've seen at Gander Mtn. for trailing blood splatter from wounded game, but I've never owned a Browning light. I don't want to spend money on crap, especially at the prices at GM and Bass Pro. I'll look into the E1E. I've googled some prices and I'm seeing $75 to $80, sound about right?

Try dealextreme.com. I got a some sweet cree led flashlights from them for dirt cheap. You can get the filters to go on them as well. Shipping is a little long since they come direct from the East factories, but I have been more than pleased with the ones I have. This is the latest one I got and it has been excellent. http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/firearm-accessories/26042-tactical-flashlight-source.html#post349599

Guest stovepipe

The old 90degree bent army flashlights used to have a blue filter stored in the base... Otherwise, assuming you'll not need this very often, might check out a Photon light in Blue... They are cheap, small, very bright, and have a very long battery life. I've carried a white one for years on my key chain and has never let me down! PhotonLight.com :: Photon Micro-Light I [Keychain LED Flashlights]

I just bought some of these on woot.com for $20 on a lark. Thought I might use them for xmas gifts. Got them a couple of days ago and I'm impressed. Bright and sound feeling. They have a red led, blue, and IR leds, plus a regular "white" light. I don't think they are worth $60, but for the $20 I paid w/ lithium batteries it seems a pretty good deal. The switch for the IR led is pretty slick.

Energizer Hard Case Military Tactical Light

Guest 70below

I've got a G2 that I've had for years and with the standard bulb it lasts quite a while on a couple cr123a's. That bulb is incredibly powerful for the size too. I'm not certain if they make a blue lens though. For the price it would be hard to beat though.

Guest SUNTZU

I've got the 6P and the G2, as well as assorted LED maglights. I'd like to have one of the blue lights, though. I'm going to review the flashlights in the replies and make my choice from there. Thanks!

Guest 70below

I just looked up the blue light lense for the G2.......its surefire FM36.......it looks like you can get both for about $60.....not a bad deal.

Guest Traumaslave

I gotta give a shoutout for Inova. They are the brightest LED lights I have seen. From the keychain model to the headlamp, they are the only LED I would buy.

If you really, really want to study up on flashlights, check out CandlePowerForums

$60-80.00 sounds about right for an E1, and SureFire's customer service is top notch. I've personally called them and said "I dropped my light onto bricks and broke it, I need to send it in for repairs." They covered it under warranty. I told them up front that it was my fault it broke, and they still covered it. ;)

I've carried my current EDC Surefire daily for about 4 years. I've put in a couple of bulbs and some batteries, that's it. It's been dropped in almost everything imaginable, run over, used as a hammer, prying tool, fallen off of equipment, etc. I can't recommend them enough if you want the best.

I received a Whinchester light last year for Christmas that has 2 blue and 2 red bulbs on the end. It is made for tracking a blood trial.

It is meant to be used to follow a blood trail in the dark.

I saw something similar in the hunting supply aisle of Wal-Mart last night. I think it's white plastic that's around 6 inches long and about an inch in diameter. I didn't pay attention to the price though.

my fav is the Pentagon. 1 AA batt, very bright, good burn time, very tough, interchangable lens's. cheap too. Pentagon Molle Light, White LED, Black

I have the surefire G2L, w/ the blue filter, very tough, very long batt. (5-8 hrs) life, and w/ the filter off this is certainly a powerful white light. can't break mine.

also have the streamlight sidewinder in my IFAK, clips on, small, small, tough, long life, multilight functions including blue.

Streamlight Sidewinder Compact NOW AVAILIBLE!

also like the large sidewinder too, very impressive light.

Streamlight Sidewinder Military Flashlight IN STOCK and ready to ship!

there are TONS of good choices, these are few of mine, and i bet my life on them.