Where to buy LEO/Military boots?

Anyone know where I can find reasonably priced LEO/Military-type boots, locally?

I plan on using the as riding (motorcycle) boots, so I'd like them to be waterproof and comfortable. Not really interested in the basic combat boots.

I've seen some that would work, but I'd rather not spend $100+, if I can help it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Greenes military & police supply on Lebanon rd should be able to hook you up. Also Acadamy Sports has had decent boots in the past. Bost Harley Davidson has nice boots. There off of Charlotte & they have really good prices.

Hero-Gear, not sure if you would consider that local or not. They have 5.11 boots down there and some would fit the bill for riding boots.

On the other hand, when I was trying to learn to ride, I used some Survivor boots from Walmart, about $50-60 and were a quality boot.

Greenes military & police supply on Lebanon rd should be able to hook you up. Also Acadamy Sports has had decent boots in the past. Bost Harley Davidson has nice boots. There off of Charlotte & they have really good prices.

Yea, I will check Greenes. I somehow forgot about them.

+1 for Greenes. It is what you are looking for.

Yea, I will check Greenes. I somehow forgot about them.

I looked at the Harley boots, but they didn;t have any in the styles I was looking for. Plus, I'd hate to be the poser who wears harley boots while riding my Jap bike. :)

Hero-Gear, not sure if you would consider that local or not. They have 5.11 boots down there and some would fit the bill for riding boots.

On the other hand, when I was trying to learn to ride, I used some Survivor boots from Walmart, about $50-60 and were a quality boot.

I was just looking at the Hero-Gear website. They have some that may foot the bill. Still pushing the $100 mark, but we'll see. If I wasn't in such a hurry today, I would have stopped by there while running my route. Maybe that will give me an excuse to ride the bike to Winchester.

I looked at some Herman Survivors at Wal-Mart, but the quality didn't seem to be what they once were. Mainly the sole. Looked and felt cheap. The price was tempting, though. On the other hand, you often get what you pay for.

Sole is fine, Its the upper I had a problem with. I can get the Survivors to last me about 1.5 seasons working construction before the upper and sole start to separate from each other. Brahma's (sp?) barely last a whole season. I wear normal boots half the year and insulated boots the other half is why its "seasons".

• Administrator

I picked up a pair of Bates boots at Hero Gear the last time I was down there, but they were a hair over your budget. Greenes was the first Nashville-area option that came to mind.

You might also try Zappos.com since they do free shipping.

I picked up a pair of Bates boots at Hero Gear the last time I was down there, but they were a hair over your budget. Greenes was the first Nashville-area option that came to mind.

You might also try Zappos.com since they do free shipping.

I'll probably just shell out the cash for a quality product at Hero-Gear. They have some Bates and Magnum Elites that I think I may like.

I'm quite picky about my footwear, so buying online really isn't an option. My girlfriend will enjoy the Zappos.com site, though.

Guest eyebedam
What size? I've got a pair a Oakelys (11) that I've never worn. Thought I could get by buying a 1/2 size too large...I was wrong

I may be interested in those boots. hit me up.

Guest Todd@CIS
Ask some local police officers. Here in Memphis there are two well known cop shops, but there are a couple more that have great deals that don't even advertise.

We get all our uniforms and footwear from Greene's.

Tom is a good guy.

I like the 5.11 footwear...as long as you put decent, aftermarket inserts in them. For me, the stock footbeds suck.

I also like Rockys.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Ask some local police officers. Here in Memphis there are two well known cop shops, but there are a couple more that have great deals that don't even advertise.

Greenes does all of MNPD. They have all the brands you could want. I know our academy boots were fairly inexpensive. Plus it's a pretty cool store all round. You can even get your custom badge made there!:D

Well, I stopped by Greene's to take a look at some options.

The best two that I found were the Bates GX8 (#2268) and the 5.11 ATAC Storm. Both seemed to be of good quality, but because of fit, the Bates edged out the 5.11. The Bates fit more snug around my foot, and the 5.11's seemed as if they were made for a wider foot.

I'm going to give it a little more thought, but I think the GX8 is going to be the way to go for me.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

TDR...go over to the Oakley Vault and check if they have the Oakleys in small battlehsip :-) I want to say they had some that was 12 or 13s the Vaults have overstock from other stores. If the "normal" Oakely store doesn't move the product, it ships to the Vault. For 75.00 they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn

Their number is 514-0143 The boots I have are the S.I. ASSAULT BOOT

Guest Todd@CIS
The Bates fit more snug around my foot, and the 5.11's seemed as if they were made for a wider foot.

Yep, you're right. That's one reason why I like the 5.11s...I have wide feet.

I would also take a hard look at the Danner Strykers. Nice boot, I just can't wear them because even Danner's wide widths are too narrow for me.

Guest Todd@CIS
TDR...go over to the Oakley Vault and check if they have the Oakleys in small battlehsip :-) I want to say they had some that was 12 or 13s the Vaults have overstock from other stores. If the "normal" Oakely store doesn't move the product, it ships to the Vault. For 75.00 they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn

Their number is 514-0143 The boots I have are the S.I. ASSAULT BOOT

Shoppery Mills...had no idea they were there.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've heard great things (comfort-wise) about the SI Assault Boot.

Yep, you're right. That's one reason why I like the 5.11s...I have wide feet.

I would also take a hard look at the Danner Strykers. Nice boot, I just can't wear them because even Danner's wide widths are too narrow for me.

Yea, I checked out the Danner's while I was there, but they were a little out of my price range. I didn't plan on spending $100+, but it looks like I'm gonna have little choice for a decent boot.

So far, BotachTactical.com has the best price I've been able to find on the Bates GX8. $107/Shipped.

They have great prices, but there are MANY horror stories about their customer service and order ^%$# ups.

I plan on buying them locally, because other than BT, they are pretty close to the same price everywhere else.

I took a look at the Oakley's, but I still think I like the Bates better. The look anyway.