Tempur-Pedic Mattress ??

DaveTN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the price range on them things? The wife is wanting one and I'm almost afraid to look!

$2500 to $8K.

From what I saw I would guess that it is like selling vacuum cleaners; if they think you are going to buy they can drop a bunch off that price for a “special deal†just for you. We didn’t get that far. I left the store laughing.

There are some reasonably priced competitors. Of course, you have no way of testing a bed. I ask the salesman about their 90 day try-out guarantee and he said they don’t offer that here because Tennessee law won’t allow them to sell a returned mattress as new.:D

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that is probably the case in most states.:D

Guest mustangdave

2 words for ya...LOVE IT...we've had ours going on 3 years....best sleeping "investment" we made...cause these babies ain't cheap, but they re worth every dollar spent.

My wife and I both used to work at DirectBuy of Chattanooga and can tell you with no reason to fudge the truth: every memory foam mattress is the same as every other one. Find the best price from Sealy, Serta, PosturePedic, TempurPedic, and get that one.

Or, do what we did for every bed in our house: get the 2", 3", or 4" memory foam topper from Target. Seriously, it feels the same. I have a 2" memory foam topper on a $165 mattress in my daughter's room and it is every bit as cushiony, comfortable, and supportive as the $X000 model from TempurPedic.

Branding goes a long way, but they're all the same! Go for the best deal!

$2500 to $8K.

From what I saw I would guess that it is like selling vacuum cleaners; if they think you are going to buy they can drop a bunch off that price for a “special deal” just for you. We didn’t get that far. I left the store laughing.

There are some reasonably priced competitors. Of course, you have no way of testing a bed. I ask the salesman about their 90 day try-out guarantee and he said they don’t offer that here because Tennessee law won’t allow them to sell a returned mattress as new.:D

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that is probably the case in most states.:)

This is the way I justified the $2050.00 that I paid for my Queen Cloud Supreme set,

In the 12 years that my wife and I have been together we bought 3 Mattress sets and spent over $1800.00 and were never as comfortable, we are older now and both of us sleep without aches and pains and we truly get well needed deep sleep on this bed. They are most definitely not for everyone but for me this was the one of the best investments that I have ever made and I will not ever own another brand of bed or pillows, we could not be happier :up:

• 2 months later...
Tempur-Pedic is not Memory Foam,memory foam does not breath as well and it is very hot to sleep on,of course there are better grades of the memory foam that you can find but stay away from the so called discount clubs you find like a 1 t0 4 pund grade you will want a 7 pound with a bamboo cover so it will be cooler,Tempur is the best money can buy,The price range starts with the advantage at 1199 twin set 1799 queen 2199 king.The best seller is the cloud Supreme bed..

After having our Cloud Supreme for over 4 months, we absolutely love it and will never sleep on anything else, to me this was well worth every red cent!!