Knoxville FFL Transfer

Knox Al

I am looking to buy a handgun from Summit Auto Brokers in Missouri. Has anyone used On Target Training Center on Inskip Road to do a transfer? They are a new listing on Gunbroker and charge $25. Their place is the nearest to me except for Earl Denton, and he takes a couple of weeks to return phone calls. Coal Creek Armory wants $50 to do the transfer if they carry it in stock.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnpanscraper

Gunny's. $25 transfer and $10 for a background check. That's how it worked when I bought a gun from Bud's .com... Great guys at Gunny's

Gunny's. $25 transfer and $10 for a background check. That's how it worked when I bought a gun from Bud's .com... Great guys at Gunny's

That is correct......sorry I left out the +10...............I thought that was understood but I guess some places include that in their fees. If you are going to buy more than one gun at a time Gunny's would be the place to buy for our area.

Guest tnpanscraper

So far, I've had one transfer there and have also purchased two guns from them as well. I also use the range quite often. They kinda make you feel at home...

Guest tnpanscraper
Ya know, the OP asked a specific question about a specific shop ... just sayin....

- OS

We're "just sayin" there are better FFL's to use.... Trying to give him some options....

On Target on Inskip Road has only had their FFL a few months. They started out offering permit classes, self defense classes, etc. I was in there just after they got their FFL, very small shop, my daughter used to date the owner, nice fellow. If they are closer to you, I would go talk with him and see how you felt when you leave. Gunny's is good but have to count the time/expense to drive to maryville. if someone in your back door will do the same thing for the same cost and save you the drive, why not? JMTCW....

I'd just call On Target and speak with them about it. Sounds like they are all in the same ballpark pricewise. Gunnys can be an hour trip depending on traffic. If he is a new shop I'm sure he would appreciate the business.

If you do go, give us a follow- up report. I always like going to new shops.

Guest hi im drummer03
I am looking to buy a handgun from Summit Auto Brokers in Missouri. Has anyone used On Target Training Center on Inskip Road to do a transfer? They are a new listing on Gunbroker and charge $25. Their place is the nearest to me except for Earl Denton, and he takes a couple of weeks to return phone calls. Coal Creek Armory wants $50 to do the transfer if they carry it in stock.

Just wondering. What gun are you buying?

• 3 weeks later...

personally I wouldn't use anyone over $30 total, in other words $20 for the transfer plus the $10 for the tics. I used to use a pawn shop in Maryville, and it was $25 total, but I was in a hurry to find one when I ordered my last gun and they weren't listed on gunbroker anymore so I just used Farnsworth... where its $30 total btw. That pawn shop was great, it was in the everett/eagleton area if that helps anyone, can't remember the name... they didn't even open the box until it was time to check and see if it was the right gun (while I was there), thought that was nice of them. If I could re-phrase the first half of the first sentence... I would find the cheapest deal, thats the most convenient for me to use at the time... I wouldn't just not use an establishment because it was $35, I'm just a cheapskate :shake:

I went out to gunny's and asked the guy behind the counter (I think his name is Chris) about the $25 FFL transfer, and then $5 each time after that. He respectfully told me that they dont do that anymore, and that is is indeed $25 per FFL, with a $12 (no longer $10) background check. If I lived in maryville I might shop here- but without the 25, then 5 deal, I see no reason to drive from Knoxville. :cool:

I went out to gunny's and asked the guy behind the counter (I think his name is Chris) about the $25 FFL transfer, and then $5 each time after that. He respectfully told me that they dont do that anymore, and that is is indeed $25 per FFL, with a $12 (no longer $10) background check. If I lived in maryville I might shop here- but without the 25, then 5 deal, I see no reason to drive from Knoxville. :cool:

Sorry guys. I have heard through the grapevine they changed the rules after my 5 gun purchase. I guess it was to much paperwork??