TT gunleather

Peanut15

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered in May. Feels like ages ago. Probably worth the wait, but I've switched over to a SuperTuck that is extremely comfortable and holds the hangun very well. Its making me forget about the TT Gunleather order except for when I see posts like this.

I need to do review of mine, love it.

Been wearing it daily for about 6 weeks now.

Mine took almost 6 months to the day, was in sync with the progress report Tim posts onsite, but way over the "16 weeks" estimate he also posts there.

I'll try to photograph mine tomorrow and post in this thread.

- OS

I need to do review of mine, love it.

Been wearing it daily for about 6 weeks now.

Mine took almost 6 months to the day, was in sync with the progress report Tim posts onsite, but way over the "16 weeks" estimate he also posts there.

I'll try to photograph mine tomorrow and post in this thread.

- OS

How would you say it compares to the Dual Carry?

How would you say it compares to the Dual Carry?

I see them as equally good.

I've been more than happy with my Bullard holsters, both Dual Carries and a BodyGuard, but I have always really wanted leather belt loops. The Dual Carry just isn't designed for them, and the add-on leather loop option that he offers is too bulky IMO (I tried them).

But as far as concealment, fit, comfort, etc. they really are equals.

The only slight drawback of David's metal clips are that they are a little hard on my nice gunbelt and also I have caught the outside part of the clips sitting down in certain chairs to where they popped off the belt. It may just be a matter of the aesthetics of the all leather that I prefer as much as anything.

The metal clips do anchor the Dual Carry nicely to the belt, but the loops are nice in that I can more easily tweak the position of the holster, sliding forward or back some, like when sitting in car, yet it stays in place well wherever I leave it.

When I first started touting David's (Bullard) stuff about a year ago, you could get one of his holsters in a week or less, now folks have found him, and it takes a month or more, but that's still a plus, considering the TT took 6 months.

- OS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JHatmaker

When I first started touting David's (Bullard) stuff about a year ago, you could get one of his holsters in a week or less, now folks have found him, and it takes a month or more, but that's still a plus, considering the TT took 6 months.

- OS

That's dead on, took me about a month to get my Dual Carry (through your recommendation :D).

These look great as well. Looking forward to an in-depth review.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered in May. Feels like ages ago. Probably worth the wait, but I've switched over to a SuperTuck that is extremely comfortable and holds the hangun very well. Its making me forget about the TT Gunleather order except for when I see posts like this.

Well folks. . . .I'm going eat a crow sandwich. . . I just got my TT Gunleather holster on Saturday. It is so well made and fits well too. The craftsmanship is awesome. I love it!!

So, I ordered at the first of May and just got it (nov 7). Yes, it's worth the wait. :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Promised I'd add my review some time ago, and finally got around to taking a few pics.

First, let me say I'm still a big D.M. Bullard fan. I have 4 of his holsters, 3 Dual Carries for different guns and one BodyGuard (OW).

But I've always sort of wanted one with leather belt loops instead of metal clips. The Bullard clips are very functional, just more of an aesthetic bent on my part. David does offer some leather loop add on for his Dual Carry, but I found them a little bulky on my already bulky build, since they use a additional upright piece of leather to attach to his design. Your mileage may vary though .. PM me if you'd like to buy my pair (in black).

34667143_scaled_352x239.JPG

So, I still highly recommend David's work. One big plus is that you can GET a holster from him in about a month. When I first started recommending his work a year ago or so, it was more like a WEEK or less, but folks have "found" him now.

Anyway, ordered a TT Gunleather (Tim Thurner). I got the Slim IWB "Mike's Special" which doesn't have a reinforcing band or any kind of trim.

tt1.jpg

tt2.jpg

tt3.jpg

I've now worn this EVERY DAY for about 10 weeks now and in short, this holster is GREAT.

Just like David's work, Tim's is great too. The TT is stiffer, while David's is more supple, but they both fit the gun perfectly, and were ready to rock right out of the box. Didn't have to wiggle, or saran wrap, or stretch, or anything with either one of them.

The TT stays open quite nicely for re-holstering. The Chicago screw mechanisms that hold the loops lock in place, no swiveling, so you can even add a little more cant to the affair, even though the normal cant is already probably 20 degrees.

Only drawback? 6 months, almost to the day, even though his site said "about 16 weeks" when I ordered. You can look on his homepage to see what order date he's currently working on. I see that he's now saying "20 weeks", but looks like he's still really on the 6 month turnaround:

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Cost is another plus, though, as the the whole shebang was about 90 bucks, and that includes a second set of belt loops I got in 1.75" AND shipping.

In short, it's hard to believe that anyone makes much better products. Though I haven't owned a Milt Sparks, I just don't see how it could improve on this. I HAVE handled a Broomeland, and for at least a couple of reasons prefer the TT Gunleather. One, the Broomeland was so tight I couldn't get the XD in there at ALL. I understand his theory on making them tight to loosen up, but wow. The other thing, the Broomeland has enclosed muzzle, rather than open. I'm not a fan of that.

Sooooo, highly recommend TT Gunleather - assuming you have the lead time to wait, you can't go wrong.

- OS