Ammo as currency

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.....Lots of folks seem to be relabeling their Y2K tin foil hats.

Not me, I put all my trust, hopes, and dreams in Obama. The recession is over, don't cha know.

Im thinkin women,I figure if I have say 2 dozen women I can probobly at one time or another trade with each and every one of you.Maybe not tomorrow or the next day but some day!!! I think of it as a long term investment.

What happens if we're invaded in our weakened state? You may need the ammo for yourself.

I'd choose: salt, MRE's, water & purification, bandages, antiseptic, butt wipe, leftover antibiotics, batteries, to much more to list. Spread it out. You never know what someone may need.

Personally, in a shtf senario, the last thing I would think about trading for is gold. Maybe when the country starts to get back on it's feet. But until then, it's the little things people are going to need most.

Yada, yada whatever, I'm just going by what i have in place. Put it in storage and don't worry till if SHTF. If not, still an investment nontheless.

But as for the Y2K ref, my grandmother went overboard when she overloaded a room in her house with bags( i mean 50 pounder bags) of sugar and cases of bottled water.

( least i know where to go if i need sugar water or gatorade, or if i ever am near my grandmther's house and get shot somehow). Remember watching "Shooter"?

As for us being invaded somehow, nah, I don't think that will ever happen . Now if the powers that be ever get us to turn in our guns, then maybe. But with the number of legal and illegal guns out there and the extremely high number of NRA members promoting gun ownership rights, I'm not worried about it. But you never know. With the way the world goes, anything can happen.

Guest mosinon

the only thing I worry about is Bigfoot. Everyone knows that the only thing holding back bigfoot right now is interstate traffic. If the shtf the interstates will be empty and bigfoot will be free to roam.

That is why Im sending an application, right now, to strickj. Will work for TP and all.

What happens if we're invaded in our weakened state? You may need the ammo for yourself.

I'd choose: salt, MRE's, water & purification, bandages, antiseptic, butt wipe, leftover antibiotics, batteries, to much more to list. Spread it out. You never know what someone may need.

Personally, in a shtf senario, the last thing I would think about trading for is gold. Maybe when the country starts to get back on it's feet. But until then, it's the little things people are going to need most.

Are you serious?!!:drama:

the only thing I worry about is Bigfoot. Everyone knows that the only thing holding back bigfoot right now is interstate traffic. If the shtf the interstates will be empty and bigfoot will be free to roam.

That is why Im sending an application, right now, to strickj. Will work for TP and all.

+1 Epic.:drama:

Wow. never thought I would stir up this much interest. A lot of good suggestions. I always thought of gold and silver more as a means of keeping wealth through a seriously declining economy. I agree it wouldn't be much good for barter. Most food is difficult to store for a long time unless you want to live on emergency rations so it can be rotated. Heirloom seeds seem like a good idea. I agree you would have to be careful who you traded it to.

maybe I should get Popcorn's video and brush up on how to make moonshine. That would probably be a good barter item and would probably drive a good many to the tp market.

Glenn

Guest clsutton21

As for us being invaded somehow, nah, I don't think that will ever happen . Now if the powers that be ever get us to turn in our guns, then maybe. But with the number of legal and illegal guns out there and the extremely high number of NRA members promoting gun ownership rights, I'm not worried about it. But you never know. With the way the world goes, anything can happen.

I'm not worried about it at all, really....invading is SOOOOOO pre-21'st century. Unless you count illegal mexicans.

maybe I should get Popcorn's video and brush up on how to make moonshine. That would probably be a good barter item and would probably drive a good many to the tp market.

Glenn

Corn, keep it warm and moist till it starts to sprout. Crack it in your fermenting pot, sprinkle in your yeast...wait...wait...wait. Pour it through a pillow case into your distilling apparatus. Distill.

Edited by clsutton21
Watch the movie Defiance. That is SHTF stuff. On the run for your life. then it has nothing to do with your "investments" and everything to do with your survival skills and only a maybe on what you packed in your bugout bag.

Don't you mean "DELIVERANCE".

I guess it could be either way here in the south.

Guest clsutton21
As someone mentioned in a thread a couple of weeks ago: a more realistic thing to worry about is loosing your job. So what one should focus on is getting out of debt and building up a cash nest egg of equal to 6 months income. Then worry and plan for less likely events

People still have jobs?

Im thinkin women,I figure if I have say 2 dozen women I can probobly at one time or another trade with each and every one of you.Maybe not tomorrow or the next day but some day!!! I think of it as a long term investment.

Theres a big hole in your plan.

For one you'd have to put up with them....better stock up on some earplugs,and duct tape! :drama:

And secondly,women are perishable goods. I figure you'd only have a few years at best before you'd need to rotate your shelf stock.

After opening( or popping the freshness seal ) the expiration dates decrease dramatically.

The best bet would be investing in Real Dolls :cool:

I remember the guy during Katrina that stayed put. Even had a porta-potty on his porch. Kept the scumbags away with his shotgun and used liquor as payment for getting his porta-potty cleaned. He had a room full of liquor for trade.

Several months ago a local liquor store went belly up. I stopped in on one of the last few days and picked up some tradin' goods. Got a pretty good deal. Nothing I drink but I figure when times get tough, there's a segment of the population that will do most anything for a bottle of the hard stuff.

Have put back some silver coins, too. Gold is too hard to deal with. Silver coins on the other hand are small, sized to a specific value even though the value may change you'll always know what you're getting or giving.

Guest canynracer

Enough guns and ammo with get you allllll the gold you can carry. ;)

There are jewlery stores everywhere...

but I like Stricks idea...I am gonna take the walmart here...they have gold and silver in there as well...and TP...and big screen tv's...xbox...hunting supplies....ipods...movies...popcorn...

Gold and silver is fine if you're looking to maintain your wealth but...If the dollar collapses it will mean nothing to you and I. It's everyday living we'll be looking to maintain. If that's the case and you have say a milking goat that could help my family out you may accept a gold coin today but most likely it would be worthless to you in a collapse. A case of ammo would in some sense be worth more than gold for your goat.

The dollar may not be that far off from collapse. Don't worry the UN will come bail us out in exchange for some of our sovereignty and natural resources.

Sigh. Birthers... giving us Conservatives a bad name...

The latest I heard was Tatz was in deep for filing false info, witness tampering, and st00ping a married man. But, I do not expect much from a "lawyer" that got her degree online (only in California...)

But enough of the off topic freeper/birther uselessness...

When you do barter - I clarify, never give anything to someone else who could use it to attack you and take the rest of your stuff.

And when you barter never show too much of what you have and where you live. Again, in a SHTF situation, YOU are the law, no one else... so protect yourself, or expect someone to make a play for your stuff and location...