My name is Matthew, and I am a gun addict

For now I only own one gun, a Beretta U22 NEOS. I know, its not great for personal defense. But, it's my first gun. I wanted something cheap to shoot while I'm learning the basics. I'm going back and forth on which gun to get next, FNP40 or a PX4 Storm. I will be getting my CCW permit in the future. I've heard you can use a 22lr pistol during your CCW shooting test. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm divorced, about to be laid-off from work, and looking forward to this opportunity to seek a new line of work. I have two pets, a Jack Russel TERROR, and a Texas rat snake. I would love to own at least one handgun in all the major calibers. like I said, I'm an addict. That's enough about me, I'm off to read some more comments from new members. I look forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now I only own one gun, a Beretta U22 NEOS. I know, its not great for personal defense. But, it's my first gun. I wanted something cheap to shoot while I'm learning the basics. I'm going back and forth on which gun to get next, FNP40 or a PX4 Storm. I will be getting my CCW permit in the future. I've heard you can use a 22lr pistol during your CCW shooting test. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm divorced, about to be laid-off from work, and looking forward to this opportunity to seek a new line of work. I have two pets, a Jack Russel TERROR, and a Texas rat snake. I would love to own at least one handgun in all the major calibers. like I said, I'm an addict. That's enough about me, I'm off to read some more comments from new members. I look forward to hearing from you.

Welcome to TGO!! Yes, you can shoot a .22lr for qualification.......I took my class today and several used a .22lr. I hate to hear about your future lay-off but enjoy your divorce as much as possible and stock up on your toys before you get hitched again :stunned::D.....just kidding (not really about enjoying the single life). As for your addiction.........please go buy 2 firearms and PM me in the morning :lol:.

Edited by jess01999

congrats and condolences! (apply each where applicable)

It's been a while since I took my carry permit class, but anybody that showed up without their own were issued the gun shops .22s

I know how you feel. I got my 06 about 6 years ago. Loved shooting it so much, but you can't just throw lead down range all day with a hunting rifle, so I went out and got a cheap SKS. Liked it so much I got an AK, then an AR..well, it just keeps going. You could do MUCH worse for an addiction.

Guest TurboniumOxide

One door closes, many more open. Welcome! It is a fun disease, but expensive. Lately I can't even afford the ammo to sight in my .308/7.62, so I shoot my .223/5.56 and my .22 conversion for my AR.

Be careful, we all have BRD and you will too. I have spent 10K on guns and ammo this year easily. You have to get the orangepeel targets too. etc etc. And nylon coated cleaning rods and Militec-1 and bronze brushes and three different kinds of bore cleaner. Mmmm Hoppes #9

definitely use the .22 to qualify if that is what you are comfortable with. You sure don't want to get used to the recoil of larger calibers under the pressure of that test. My girlfriend and I took our class earlier this year at guns and leather(highly recommended btw) and they recommended using their .22 pistols as neither of us had shot before. We both easily passed and then went out and got comfortable with 9mm and .45.