Muzzleloader Season Updates

I came up with nothing this weekend. Yesterday morning I saw a decent buck loaping across a large hay field. He was at least a quarter mile from me. This morning I ran a deer from my hunting area when walking in. The light wasn't yet bright enough to tell anything about it. Later, a spike walked directly under me. I still enjoyed getting to hunt even though I came up empty handed.

Let's see some pictures! I know a lot of you did better than me.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TnDeerHunter

One hunter at camp shot a 6-pointer yesterday morning. All I got was to watch a doe run off when I shot thru heavy brush and killed a small tree I didn't see.

Guest Jcochran88

Got a fat doe this evening. Still not seeing a lot of rut signs, my farm doesn't have a lot of acorns. So I think we are going to be in for a long wait.

Guest billwilly73

Saturday I saw a spike with about 8 inch spikes, and let him walk. I shot at and missed a pretty nice 8 point Sunday. We will see what happens Monday.

Guest billwilly73

Well I went this afternoon and checked my gun since I missed that big 8 point Sunday and I was shooting about a foot and a half to the right. So I resighted the scope. We also sighted a friends gun. My friend was not able to go hunting so I took his gun and mine to my shooting house.

I got to my hunting spot around 3:00 and sat there till about 4:30 when this little 8 pointer walked out. I could tell it was not the same one as yesterday as his rack was much smaller. He turned broadside and I let the thunder roll, the smoke cleared, and he still stood there facing me wondering what the noise was. CLEAN MISS I start to say some bad words when I remember I have another gun behind me.

So I grab my friends gun take aim and try one more time. Yay the bullet found it's mark, sort of.....I gut shot it, dang. It ran about 30 yards and fell over and couldn't get back up. Reloaded and went upto it and put it out of his misery. Field dressing him was a mess but now I finally have some meat for the freezer.

I just wish my dad was still here to enjoy the hunt...........

R.I.P. Daddy, I miss you so much.......7-15-50 to 6-16-09

here are a couple pics..............sorry about all the blood

8point.jpg?t=1257824988

8point2.jpg?t=1257825035

8point3.jpg?t=1257825067

Guest billwilly73

Thanks guys. I hope to see the other 8 point next time, he was twice the size as this one..:blush:

Oh and his tarsals were almost black and he stunk....bad.....it's coming.

TWRA changed it to 3 bucks for the whole state this year.

I completely forgot about the change.

When I was a kid it was:

4 bucks - archery

2 bucks - early muzzle loader

4 bucks - gun

2 bucks - late muzzle loader

Then they switched to the two a year.

And now its three a year.

Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by memphismason
Guest clutepc

I'm glad we get 3 this year, I'm going to be picky on my last one.

Not that I'm complaining about either one I've shot but I hope the rut gets some bigger ones out of hiding. Hard to say with Public land though.