The end is near!

Mark@Sea

Grab your BOBs and head for the hills... The post below comes from a Clinton fanboys website...

Thank you former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush HillBuzz

We know absolutely no one in Bush family circles and have never met former President George W. Bush or his wife Laura.

If you have been reading us for any length of time, you know that we used to make fun of “Dubya†nearly every day…parroting the same comedic bits we heard in our Democrat circles, where Bush is still, to this day, lampooned as a chimp, a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker.

Oh, how we RAILED against Bush in 2000…and how we RAILED against the surge in support Bush received post-9/11 when he went to Ground Zero and stood there with his bullhorn in the ruins on that hideous day.

We were convinced that ANYONE who was president would have done what Bush did, and would have set that right tone of leadership in the wake of that disaster. President Gore, President Perot, President Nader, you name it. ANYONE, we assumed, would have filled that role perfectly.

Well, we told you before how much the current president, Dr. Utopia, made us realize just how wrong we were about Bush. We shudder to think what Dr. Utopia would have done post-9/11. He would have not gone there with a bullhorn and struck that right tone. More likely than not, he would have been his usual fey, apologetic self and waxed professorially about how evil America is and how justified Muslims are for attacking us, with a sidebar on how good the attacks were because they would humble us.

Honestly, we don’t think President Gore would have been much better that day. The world needed George W. Bush, his bullhorn, and his indominable spirit that day…and we will forever be grateful to this man for that.

As we will always be grateful for what George and Laura Bush did this week, with no media attention, when they very quietly went to Ft. Hood and met personally with the families of the victims of this terrorist attack.

FOR HOURS.

The Bushes went and met privately with these families for HOURS, hugging them, holding them, comforting them.

If there are any of you out there with any connection at all to the Bushes, we implore you to give them our thanks…you tell them that a bunch of gay Hillary guys in Boystown, Chicago were wrong about the Bushes…and are deeply, deeply sorry for any jokes we told about them in the past, any bad thoughts we had about these good, good people.

You may be as surprised by this as we are ourselves, but from this day forward George W. and Laura Bush are now on the same list for us as the Clintons, Geraldine Ferraro, Stephanie Tubbs Jones, and the other political figures we keep in our hearts and never allow anyone to badmouth.

Criticize their policies academically and intelligently and discuss the Bush presidency in historical and political terms…but you mess with the Bushes personally and, from this day forward, you’ll answer to us.

We hope someday to be able to thank George W. and Laura in person for all they’ve done, and continue to do. They didn’t have to head to Ft. Hood. That was not their responsibility.

The Obamas should have done that.

But didn’t.

Wouldn’t.

Thank goodness George W. is still on his watch, with wonderful Laura at his side.

We are blessed as a nation to have these two out there…just as we are blessed to have the Clintons on the job, traveling the world doing the good they do.

And we are blessed to have Dick Cheney, wherever he is, keeping tabs on all that’s going on and speaking out when the current administration does anything too reckless and dangerous.

Cheney’s someone else we villainized and maligned in the past who we were also wrong about. There has never been a Vice President, including Gore, Biden, or Mondale, who was more supportive of gay rights than “Darth Cheneyâ€. There has never been a Vice President more spot-on right about the dangers facing this country from Islamic terrorism.

We live in strange, strange times indeed.

We are now officially committed fans of George W. and Laura Bush. We are fans of Dick Cheney. Our gratitude for them makes us newly protective of them, and the continued role they play in this country.

After the primary battle of 2008, we never thought we’d go back to Texas for anything, but sometime in 2010 we want to find some event in Dallas the Bushes will be at so at least one of us can go up to them, tell them we are deeply sorry for ever thinking ill of them, and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their service to America.

We’re sure they will just stare at us and wonder why these gay Chicagoans are crying, but we don’t think we can get through a meeting with them without being emotional.

What they did at Ft. Hood for those families humbles us. Every day, the Bushes are most likely doing something just like it behind the scenes.

We hope if any of you encounter them you will let them know this is deeply appreciated beyond partisan lines.

We will never look at the Bushes, the Bush presidencies, or their legacies the same again…and someday when his presidential library is built, we will be so proud to visit there and tell anyone will listen about November 10th, 2009, the day we finally appreciated former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura.

Thank you for your service, Mr. President. We’re sorry we didn’t appreciate you while you were in office, but we thank Heaven we’ve wised up and can see the good you are out there doing, under the radar, today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MMMMMMM? Let me think on that a bit.

mmmm MMMM MMMMMM Barrack Hussein Obama. Rather have Bush. Agree with everything he did? No, but much preferred over where we are currently.

• Administrator

I have always had the greatest of respect for W. His second term policies may have sucked, but you knew where the man stood. Namely, he stood squarely behind the men and women of our Armed Forces and stood behind doing what he thought was right for our country.

Obama is a disgrace to the office.

• Admin Team

As someone who was in One World Trade on September 11, and spent 9 months there afterward, love Bush or hate him, no one can accuse him of not doing what he said he was going to do.

I truly mourn the loss of togetherness and patriotism that was present in the days and months following September 11. We have made a lot of mistakes in the time since 9/11 and the Bush administration certainly made some of those. That said, I am and will always be grateful that President Bush was on watch, did the best he could with what he had, and that his support for our troops was not used as an opportunity to stump, but was always humble and heartfelt.

Economy: Winner - Bush

Warfighting: Winner - Bush

Diplomacy: Winner - Bush

Free Speech: Winner - Bush

Thug politics: Winner - Obama

Election: Loser - American Public

If you haven't figured it out yet, you just ain't gonna.

Tricking Americans into Iraq: Winner-Bush

Lack of Diplomacy: Winner-Bush

Supressing Free Speech: Winner-Bush

Violating Everything in the Constitution Other than the 2A: Winner-Bush

Facist Bailouts of private companies: Winner-Bush

Detaining US Citizens indefinitely without a Charge: Winner-Bush

Torturing Prisoners: Winner-Bush

Spying on US Citizens without a Warrant: Winner-Bush

Helping to create an Orwellian America: Winner-Bush

Continuing the same Bush Policies: Winner-Obama

• Administrator

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that a four year stint in the military would help you. A lot. :lol:

I have always had the greatest of respect for W. His second term policies may have sucked, but you knew where the man stood. Namely, he stood squarely behind the men and women of our Armed Forces and stood behind doing what he thought was right for our country.

I could not have said it any better than that.

Guest Gun Geek
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that a four year stint in the military would help you. A lot. :lol:

yup. His entire post was Bull:poop:. And yes very well put. At least you knew where Bush stood.

I could and would say a lot but three people; Mark@sea , TGODavid , and Macguyver have said it very well and I am in total agreement with the sentiments each.

This is a free society, at least for now, and jth-,3s has his ability and right to express an opinion. I absloutley disagree with it and think that his presence here should at least indicate a degree of understanding as to where the exteme liberal left is taking this country. With the "fairness doctrine" absurdity and attempts to extend that to internet communications as well and couplied with the attempts to regulate how we speak by defining "hate speech" as anything percieved to make someone "uncomfortable", tripling if not quadrupling the defiect, enacting spending programs that will severly increase the taxes of the entire population, not to mention attempts in the works to increase the tax rates that will surely cripple the "mom and pop" small business that have been the financial backbone of progress in this country, making unilateral decisions that will by back-door diplomacy (ala Hillary and the so-called State Department) cede our national soverinty to the righteous, honorable, and totally trustworthy U.N. , and of course the 2nd Ammendment issues...

How can we all not think this new President isn't light-years better than President Bush? How can we be so blind and uncaring for how unpopular America is in the rest of the world for having a sense of honor and wishing to retain our way of life. How can we be so insensitive as to believe that our religon shouldn't be allowed the same freedoms that are demanded by Muslum clerics? How could we have the gall to expect to carry our Bible into another country and expect to be able to even talk about it? So much more, but my indignation is moderating. I'm not as eloquent as others here and sorry to take so much of your time reading this, but I can't truly believe that we are so much better off with President Oboma (Yes, I called him President. I do respect the office if not the oficeholder) than we were with President Bush. I can't believe that we're all just going to be one big happy family under this administration.

Who let him in here? Guess he's just been drinking some of that tasty :D. What a :lol:.

Definitely not

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/national-politics-legislation/13178-accepting-inevitable.html

The state of the economy is the main issue of this election. The state of the Economy and the very likely possibility of Palin becoming president have pushed me into the undecided category leaning more towards Obama.

Based on the above post and the thread linked above I feel no need to respond further to you. Good day.

• Admin Team
And burden any branch of the service with him? I think not.

They're big enough for it. If there is one thing our military is very good at doing, it is taking command of a bunch of navel gazing whiners and teaching them that the world is about more than just them, and that there are things out there that are more important than you and what you think.

It's an option that would do a lot of people some good.

Guest mustangdave
They're big enough for it. If there is one thing our military is very good at doing, it is taking command of a bunch of navel gazing whiners and teaching them that the world is about more than just them, and that there are things out there that are more important than you and what you think.

It's an option that would do a lot of people some good.

AMEN brother..AMEN

Guest Revelator

jth, don't let these blowhards get to you. I agree with some of the things you wrote. Let's not forget Harriet Miers, "heckuva job Brownie," the first round of bailouts, and ignoring credible evidence about lack of WMD. Those all came from Bush. Now, he certainly was not the worst President ever as commie rags like Rolling Stone magazine like to say. But he did have his share of incompetent moments (heck, he traded Sammy Sosa--way before the juice and the corked bats). But, I must say, he also had moments of great leadership and grace. He made some fine speeches in the days and weeks after September 11. I'm skeptical about the future of this country not because of the current President. The current President is one of the least of the problems, though he may be a contributor. The problems lie with the people, the media, and the sense of dependence and entitlement so many have developed.

jth, don't let these blowhards get to you. I agree with some of the things you wrote. Let's not forget Harriet Miers, "heckuva job Brownie," the first round of bailouts, and ignoring credible evidence about lack of WMD. Those all came from Bush. Now, he certainly was not the worst President ever as commie rags like Rolling Stone magazine like to say. But he did have his share of incompetent moments (heck, he traded Sammy Sosa--way before the juice and the corked bats). But, I must say, he also had moments of great leadership and grace. He made some fine speeches in the days and weeks after September 11. I'm skeptical about the future of this country not because of the current President. The current President is one of the least of the problems, though he may be a contributor. The problems lie with the people, the media, and the sense of dependence and entitlement so many have developed.

blow-hard.jpg

Objection!

mmmm MMMM MMMMMM Barrack Hussein Obama. Rather have Bush. Agree with everything he did? No, but much preferred over where we are currently.

Not as wordy as you, but I say the same things.

Hmmm, blowhard...

define: blowhard - Google Search

Guest Revelator

I just threw that word out, not really sure what it meant but it sounded right. Ah! I should have used the word haters. Yeah, that's it. That's all you folks are, a bunch of haters. :lol: