how would yall feel

Guest 7mmMag

If a family member which you have carried around for 10+ years, all of the sudden says they are not comfortable with you carrying in their house. I have been a hcp holder for over 10 years and been around this family member alot...this is a sibling not a distant relative of any kind. I do believe he has that right to ask anyone not to have a weapon in his home and I could really understand if I was doing anything unsafe but it was concealed and could NOT have been seen, but why would you say this after being around it for 10 years

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a family member which you have carried around for 10+ years, all of the sudden says they are not comfortable with you carrying in their house. I have been a hcp holder for over 10 years and been around this family member alot...this is a sibling not a distant relative of any kind. I do believe he has that right to ask anyone not to have a weapon in his home and I could really understand if I was doing anything unsafe but it was concealed and could NOT have been seen, but why would you say this after being around it for 10 years

Yup. Its HIS home, not yours. He can request everyone wear tie-died fake afros in HIS home if he likes. You don't HAVE to be there.

I would politely discuss with him WHY you carry and let him know that its really important for you to carry wherever you are. If he tells you to get bent, then you either need to stop going over there or lock it in the car when you visit and respect his wishes when in HIS home.

well thats what happened I was actually cleaning his pistol for him that he leaves in his truck and when he made the statement he didnt like me carrying in his house.... he asked me to take it to the truck and I told him I would just leave before I did that, I just have a personal thing about locking them in cars and that I would just leave and started packing up my gun cleaning stuff, and he said he didnt want me to leave and asked if I would just unload it, which i did. I just dont get why it would be a problem now after I have been carrying around him for that many years.

on another note once I was at his apartment late one night it was just me him and his wife and newborn child, and someone started beating on the door around 2 am and it was quite obvious who they asked to check the door

Guest H0TSH0T

keep your friends and family close, keep your firearm closer, I would have thanked him for all the good times over at the house, and would have told him that it looks like we may have to start having visits over at mine, and left.

On the surface I would say you did something to make him insecure being around you with a gun. :drama:

i thought the same thing, but then again he has never seen me pull this pistol out of my pocket.... im wondering if cleaning his gun for him just made him think about guns in general....i dont have a clue .....it might even be his wife makes him keep his in his truck and not in the house so he might be jealous....

but those visits at his house are probably going to slow down...they can come over here or we can meet at the parents house. and since dad packs I know for a fact that wont ever be said to me at mom and dads house

His wife could be putting him up to it.

Have a good friend that's like that :drama:

IMO,I wouldn't let an object stand in the way of family,or friends. My gun isn't a safety blanket,and isn't worth loosing what little bit of family I have because I wanted to have it in their home.

I'd say give it a few days,and all will be forgotten!

Have you asked your Dad about this? Something has obviously upset your brother. His wife perhaps?

My only advice would be to not cut off your nose to spite your face. While you may want to visit less often, he's still your brother.

The only answer I got was he didnt think I needed to have a loaded gun in his house, that he wouldnt live anywhere that he thought he would need one. He has kids but again I have been around them their entire lives with that same pistol in my pocket. I think its the wife honestly putting him up to it. I would never cut off my relationship with my brother, maybe im just letting it aggrivate me too much.

dont get aggrivated, just have your family visits at his house on his porch. when it gets cold outside his wife will want to go inside gun or not. some women are so confused about guns that they cant be helped ,and there is no way to get through to them until they are in a sitiuation where they need one. my old lady was that way when i met her, we had a bad experience, and now she shoots with me and carries a glock 23, and she is a pretty darn good shot.

The only answer I got was he didnt think I needed to have a loaded gun in his house, that he wouldnt live anywhere that he thought he would need one. He has kids but again I have been around them their entire lives with that same pistol in my pocket. I think its the wife honestly putting him up to it. I would never cut off my relationship with my brother, maybe im just letting it aggrivate me too much.

These kinda things are almost always started by the wives. They watch too much Oprah and read every left leaning liberal magazine they can get their hands on. Then they put their husbands up to making demands on their behalf as if it was the husbands idea. seen it way too often.

well thats what happened I was actually cleaning his pistol for him that he leaves in his truck and when he made the statement he didnt like me carrying in his house.... he asked me to take it to the truck and I told him I would just leave before I did that, I just have a personal thing about locking them in cars and that I would just leave and started packing up my gun cleaning stuff, and he said he didnt want me to leave and asked if I would just unload it, which i did. I just dont get why it would be a problem now after I have been carrying around him for that many years.

on another note once I was at his apartment late one night it was just me him and his wife and newborn child, and someone started beating on the door around 2 am and it was quite obvious who they asked to check the door

Does he have a HCP for the gun in his truck?

His wife could be putting him up to it.

Have a good friend that's like that :drool:

IMO,I wouldn't let an object stand in the way of family,or friends. My gun isn't a safety blanket,and isn't worth loosing what little bit of family I have because I wanted to have it in their home.

I'd say give it a few days,and all will be forgotten!

I agree 100%

His wife could be behind it, and not necessarily directed at you. Maybe she's got a new "no guns in the house" rule or something like that. I'd let things stay normal between you guys and just ask him after some time has passed.

That is the same thing I was thinking when I started reading this. If so do you think he will tell you?

True. He might be reluctant to throw her under the bus and risk the family getting upset with her. However, he might admit to respecting his wife's wishes if asked why he keeps his own gun in the truck.

There's a reason his own gun is not inside.