Glock 21 Exploded at range?

SkunkSlayer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey to each their own, over the years I have heard all these rumors about Glock, and when the dust finally settles it has been my experience its never been "the guns fault" there has always been a contributing factor...

True Example:

dropping the Glock in the toilet and not cleaning it then going outside in 10 degree weather and shooting a few hours later... yes the gun had an issue, but whos falt was it?

True Example:

Leaving the bore brush attachment in the barrel and fireing the Glock, yes it exploded... but it wasnt the guns fault it was "dummy error"

True Example: Officer drops Glock and shoots himself while trying to catch it, yes he hit the trigger. Again not the guns fault.

Now im not saying they are perfect, but I like the odds and im sure vegas would too that again... "it wasnt the guns fault".

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER

It's neither here nor there, really... and I'll preface this by saying I own and occasionally carry a Glock, but, we all know that the overwhelming primary reason for the popularity of this brand is the department pricing, and subsequent familiarity because of supply and marketing. But, for the price, they do work great.

Anything can and will fail given the right circumstances, and just like any other mass-produced device, the Glock has its weak points... and the majority of any design's weaknesses require some adverse or unexpected outside influence to be made this obvious. So, all this thread is reporting is another instance of a particular model failing in a spectacular way because circumstances lined up for it to do so... it doesn't hurt anything to try to be unbiased and recognize a pattern of failures, and admit something isn't perfect.

It's not personal.

If its such a sure thing its the guns fault then someone needs to chime up and put their money where their mouth is.... :-)

You will never, ever hear a gun manufacturer admit that a gun blew up because of faulty design or QC problems.

Even back in the day of the Gen 1 .40 guns KB'ing - it was never the fault of the gun...despite the obvious results. You know what - They were right. It was not the guns fault, but that of the ammo. Doesn't change the fact that the gun blew up in someone's hand and there was a very methodical way of repeating the problem. They learned from this and improved upon the design.

Unfortunatly people in the gun world never forget anything and really, really hold grudges. Those problems are history now unless one does something really stupid. Glocks are solid guns. However Glocks are not for everyone.

Edited by I_Like_Pie

dropping the Glock in the toilet and not cleaning it then going outside in 10 degree weather and shooting a few hours later... yes the gun had an issue, but whos falt was it?

That would be a crappy situation.:D But seriously I didn't know a turd would stop a Glock.:tough:

That guy on you tube that tortures Glocks needs to fill it up with poop. He just uses dirt and sand. Now we know his trick.;)

It's neither here nor there, really... and I'll preface this by saying I own and occasionally carry a Glock, but, we all know that the overwhelming primary reason for the popularity of this brand is the department pricing, and subsequent familiarity because of supply and marketing. But, for the price, they do work great.

Anything can and will fail given the right circumstances, and just like any other mass-produced device, the Glock has its weak points... and the majority of any design's weaknesses require some adverse or unexpected outside influence to be made this obvious. So, all this thread is reporting is another instance of a particular model failing in a spectacular way because circumstances lined up for it to do so... it doesn't hurt anything to try to be unbiased and recognize a pattern of failures, and admit something isn't perfect.

It's not personal.

Very well said and I agree 100%, although we both know Mars would still say GLOCK sucks.....

Hey Phillip, no one will take you up on your "wager" because.... Wait for it..... When you are right, you are right!
Why would anybody take that wager?:hiding: The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of it not being the guns fault. If we inserted the name S&W, Ruger, Beretta, Sig, Colt, etc., etc., etc. in place of Glock, the odds certainly wouldn't get any better that it was the guns fault then either.
Anyone hear this in the news?

Weapon, Not Ammo, May Have Caused Deputy's Gun To Explode - News Story - WTOV Steubenville

http://www.wtov9.com/news/21866969/detail.html[/quote]

I've been a TGO vistor for a while and finally signed on TGO as member, I'm on daily now and had no clue how touchy people are against Glock pistols. My 3 cents: you must have had a Real Bad expeirence with one: limp wrist, think they are a ugly pistol, don't like foreign made guns (that are assembled in Georgia giving AMERICANS jobs)....... This weapon is trusted around the world with Military and Law Enforcement and private citizens. Glock has won a :screwy: load of matches/ championship titles, and has killed many in combat & criminals on the streets. I can't change any minds, my experience with Glocks has been one bad A** Austrian made pistol. Don't knock em till you have tried them, I was guilty at one time until I tried one and I liked it, like Mikey. As for Glock 21 exploding the truth will come out. S.S.

Remember: no firearm can be made accident-proof. A firearm is just a

machine, with no judgement of its own. It responds to your actions, whether

wise or foolish. The only truly effective safety device is the mind of a cautious

shooter who never forgets that a moment’s carelessness can produce

permanent tragedy.

Edited by SkunkSlayer

There's just nothing a Glock can give me that I can't get from another manufacturer. Well, except maybe for Glock butt. :screwy: And yes, they are ugly and they don't feel comfortable in my hand. I can't figure out why every gun shop wants to push them on me. There must be a huge dealer markup. There are many that love them and I have no problem with that. They're just not for me.

Guest jackdm3
There's just nothing a Glock can give me that I can't get from another manufacturer. Well, except maybe for Glock butt. :screwy: And yes, they are ugly and they don't feel comfortable in my hand. I can't figure out why every gun shop wants to push them on me. There must be a huge dealer markup. There are many that love them and I have no problem with that. They're just not for me.

Plastic vs. billet aluminum or solid steel?

Guest Bonedaddy

Don't care for them, either. Like the previous post said, they don't feel right in the hand. And that trigger safety may be quick but it's dangerous. Officer in Memphis killed hisself while trying to put it back in his shoulder holster and another almost did because of that safety system. My Stoeger is more reliable and just as if not more accurate than any Glock made. The decock safety may be a tad slower but is far safer in DA mode. They can keep their Glocks.

"GIs carrying 1911's defeated Axis forces, including Austrians. The 1911 was winning battles and saving lives before Gaston Glock was even born - somewhere along the way we probably figured out a thing or two on combat handguns." –Larry Vickers

Just saying