WE'RE NOT SAFE ANYMORE!

I'VE JUST SOLD ALL MY GUNS AND I'M CONVERTING EVERYTHING

BACK OVER TO WOODEN FRAME HANDGUNS.

AND ALL MY WOODEN FRAME GUNS WILL HAVE A FRAME MOUNTED

SAFETY!

Quit yelling, My head hurts.:bs:

• 2 months later...
Guest bkelm18
You cant fire lead bullets from a glock?

Never heard of that, I have a glock waiting for me now at a gun store. Having second thoughts after seeing this.

Not using the factory barrel. It's recommended you buy an aftermarket barrel to shoot non FMJ/JHP.

You cant fire lead bullets from a glock?

Never heard of that, I have a glock waiting for me now at a gun store. Having second thoughts after seeing this.

My H&K is the same way, It's not really that big of a deal. Apparently has to do with the polygonal barrels (right one on image below) since there is nowhere for the lead buildup to collect. I do know of some that do fire lead bullets (Not FMJ's) however the 11/07 version of the Glock Instruction Manual says "Glock does not recommend the use of unjacketed lead ammunition" yet the 2009 Armorers manual says "Use of non-factory loaded ammunition or ammunition loaded with non-jacketed (Lead) bullets will void the warranty." I certainly wouldn't let this dissuade me from buying a Glock.

493px-Polygonal_vs_normal_riflingsv.png

Edited by DavidD
Added image

glock9.png

I love glocks, but i'm no hater, like xd's too. I personally can't stand the look of s&w's polymers and don't want to spend the money on sigs (but do have a p238). I think that alot of people love to shoot whatever they had early experiences (enjoyable ones) shooting with. Mine was a glock, and i've liked them ever since. Never seen one with problems myself, owned an xd40 and never had any problems with it either, just prefer the glock. I like the way the xds shoot but don't really like the looks too much (not bad just not preferable to me). I've never even seen a lead (unjacketed) bullet in 9mm in a store or anything, come to think of it don't think i've ever seen a centerfire auto pistol caliber unjacketed. The only lead bullets i've ever seen were .38's, i've never owned a revovler so i've not seen many. I wouldn't let that dissuade me from buying a glock....just sayin.

Edited by jeremy155rr
Guest bkelm18

I love glocks, but i'm no hater, like xd's too. I personally can't stand the look of s&w's polymers and don't want to spend the money on sigs (but do have a p238). I think that alot of people love to shoot whatever they had early experiences (enjoyable ones) shooting with. Mine was a glock, and i've liked them ever since. Never seen one with problems myself, owned an xd40 and never had any problems with it either, just prefer the glock. I like the way the xds shoot but don't really like the looks too much (not bad just not preferable to me). I've never even seen a lead (unjacketed) bullet in 9mm in a store or anything, come to think of it don't think i've ever seen a centerfire auto pistol caliber unjacketed. The only lead bullets i've ever seen were .38's, i've never owned a revovler so i've not seen many. I wouldn't let that dissuade me from buying a glock....just sayin.

There are definitely lots of unjacketed semi-auto rounds out there. I bought 500 rnds of 9mm lead round nose from AimSurplus before, they wouldn't feed in my XD worth crap, but they fed just fine in a Sig.

Guest bkelm18
I dont understand why anyone would want to shoot lead round nose out of anything anyway.

Just saying

True. Only reason I've bought it was because it was on sale. I know why now. ;)

Guest 10mm4me

I guarantee this was ammo related either reloaded, overloaded, incorrect caliber, something. Glocks don't just kB!!! for no reason. True they are limited to a somewhat narrow spectrum of ammo, but that is a realistic tradeoff for reliability. They aren't range guns after all. They were built for shooting defensive ammunition.

Isn't the 45acp a relitively low pressure round compaired to a 9mm or a 40s&w? I always thought a 45 acp was a "slow moving, big bullet". I own a Glock 36 as a CC gun. It isn't my favorite pistol but it works for me so far. I like my XD-45 much better and my Colt Government is a dream.

Well I now own a Glock, went ahead a bought it. The store had been holding it for me and I didnt want to hang them up. I did look at the Kimbers and others before placing my money on the Glock. I dont know why I want to hate it, but something wants me too. But the last Glock I shot was better than anything I have ever had in my hands before. Just had to own one for myself.

Whats up with these paddle holsters tho? The Glock clicks into place and I have to take the holster off to make it release the weapon.

Congrats! What model did you get? As far as the holster there should be a screw that will loosen up the hold a bit. I've found though tighter is better.....:rolleyes: