Glock 21 Exploded at range?

SkunkSlayer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hear these stories of Glocks blowing up but in 13 years of working the range and millions of rounds later I have never seen it happen, but then again they were 9mm and .40 cals not 45's. I know if you fire alot of lead non jacketed bullets it will line the barrel and cause excessive pressures due to the polygonal rifling.

My Glock just blew the doors off of my truck.

1911's are the greatest and never fail in

Damn it, FTF.

Stovepipe! Frickin Frackin Flibberty Jibbits....

So this was the first time the officer had fired that Glock at a range. First time ever firing a Glock perhaps?? Wonder if it was an old "in service" weapon that had been givin him to use?? Doesn't say if the Glock was new or old.....but since they mentioned the whole "don't shoot lead through the barrel" spill, makes me think that it's possible someone might have already done that before he has gotten ahold of it.

Guest malbolja
HEY REDNECK, I've never heard of taurus blowing up ????

Check the complaint section over at taurusarmed.net

there's a thread about the barrels blowing off Judge revolvers.

when its all said and done you will find out it wasnt the gun at all, but either ammo or something stupid the deputy did.

Book it, anyone wanna place a friendly $$$$ wager on it? Let me know if ya do, and yes it called putting your money where your mouth is. :drama:

Well...One wouldn't exactly expect a vendor who sells Glock products and named GLOCKMEISTER to defend the product tooth and nail.

Yes - they make good products. That is a given. Do some of them eventually break? Yes. Despite popular belief - it is sometimes the gun's fault. Same for every manufacturer.

Well, the article and video stated that this was the first time the gun was ever fired. That means "new" to me. They never mentioned type of ammo. From what you get to see in the video, you don't really get to see anything. Some of the bulges I've seen on my spent brass seem to suggest I was loading way too hot. I backed off and the bulges went away. Sure like to see the barrel, though. I'll keep my Glocks.

I would NEVER carry a Glock. Most of the old men and women you see nowadays who don't have a butt anymore?!?!?, well, that's cause they all carried Glocks during the Depression Era. According to news sources which have interviewed these people, they know better now. However, over 98% percent of those polled would rather have their butt back.

Like I said, I want to play it smart and NEVER carry a Glock for any reason. Hey, wait a minute, I just looked down and there's one stuck to my duty belt right now! OH LORD! Somebody help me before this thing explodes on it's own and I wind up with no arse!

I've been stuck packing Glocks for a lot of years now. As much as I hate not being able to choose my own, I'm startin' to like 'em some. No, all is not "Glock Perfection," but nobody's product is perfect after all. I have seen failures with Glocks. Never seen one explode, but I have seen minor breakages here and there. I watched one jam up repeatedly several years ago (FTF and stovepipes), but it turned out to be the goober shooting it. I and one other officer took the same model 22 and ran it just fine.

I've owned a couple model 21's, but I never had a problem out of them with several different ammo types, no lead ball through them though. I'm really interested to know what caused the "blow-up" with this deputy's 21. I also had kind of the same question as another poster: ACME model BR549 exploded and was sent off for testing, never to be heard from again? Would like to be able to find some of these test results.

I would NEVER carry a Glock. Most of the old men and women you see nowadays who don't have a butt anymore?!?!?, well, that's cause they all carried Glocks during the Depression Era. According to news sources which have interviewed these people, they know better now. However, over 98% percent of those polled would rather have their butt back.

:mad::P:p

Well, I guess more went on in the depression era than the highschool history books tell. More Government propaganda I tell you. They leave out all the good stuff and just tell the boring stuff,.:crazy:

I have a lot of GLOCK 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 35 I'll shoot the GLOCK, But I won't carry one !!!

Sentences......can you type one?? One that maybe someone could understand??

The only thing I can make out is that you seem to have 7 Glock models that you'll "shoot" but you're scared to carry'em??? :screwy: I know you didn't say you were "scared" but one would assume you are with the way you have worded it.

If they were so dangerous, don't you think they'd be out of buisness and a couple of thousand people dead?? You do also understand that cars still kill more people than Glocks do but you don't see people afraid to drive. If you're going to make a statement, at least back up the statement with information....not jumbled sentences. ;)

Yes - they make good products. That is a given. Do some of them eventually break? Yes. Despite popular belief - it is sometimes the gun's fault. Same for every manufacturer.
+1. Anyone who believes that ANY manufacturer, of ANY product, couldn't possibly EVER turn out a piece that is not to spec and would fail under normal use is kidding themselves.