Joined the Church of Browning today...

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint
That’s not a cut on your finger; that’s a blister. It’s caused by having girlymen hands and trying to shoot 180 rounds on your first 1911 session. It’ll toughen up after a while.

If I had a tupperware gun, this wouldn't have happened. :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint
:):rolleyes::(:rolleyes:

I see that Kimber QC continues to be an issue.

Was wondering who was going to take the tupperware bait first. loser.gif

Yeah, Kimber definitely needs to work on their QC... but I'm sure every manufacturer has slip ups... some more than others I guess. Not too thrilled that this was a "Custom Shop" gun and they let the trigger leave like that.

And I was somewhat serious with the tupperware comment... this wouldn't be an issue if it was a plastic trigger. Unfortunately glocks and I don't get along too well, when it comes to shooting where I'm aiming. Just don't like the ergonomics of their guns. Otherwise I'd have picked up a G19 a long time ago.

" All guns should be Glocks... all Glocks should be 9mm... and all 9mm Glocks should be Glock 19's " - Yeager. :woohoo:

Was wondering who was going to take the tupperware bait first. loser.gif

Yeah, Kimber definitely needs to work on their QC... but I'm sure every manufacturer has slip ups... some more than others I guess. Not too thrilled that this was a "Custom Shop" gun and they let the trigger leave like that.

And I was somewhat serious with the tupperware comment... this wouldn't be an issue if it was a plastic trigger. Unfortunately glocks and I don't get along too well, when it comes to shooting where I'm aiming. Just don't like the ergonomics of their guns. Otherwise I'd have picked up a G19 a long time ago.

" All guns should be Glocks... all Glocks should be 9mm... and all 9mm Glocks should be Glock 19's " - Yeager. :lol:

Verbal,

If you call Kimber, speak with Dennis in the custom shop, he is the only one there who will take care of problems for you if you respectfully talk to him, I would not be surprised if they wouldnt install a new trigger for you, he has helped several people I know,:)

Guest Verbal Kint
Sure… because you would have cranked off a couple of mags, been bored and quit.

:lol:

I actually did shoot a G19 when I was at the range that day. Hit all black, but my shots were all over the place. Looked more like a constellation, than a grouping. I'd need a lot more trigger time with Glocks to be anywhere near precise with it... and I just don't like them enough to invest that much in them. I'm glad other people like them and do well with them, but they're just not for me. Plus, it's one more thing to distance myself from Yeager. :)

Guest Verbal Kint
Verbal,

If you call Kimber, speak with Dennis in the custom shop, he is the only one there who will take care of problems for you if you respectfully talk to him, I would not be surprised if they wouldnt install a new trigger for you, he has helped several people I know,:)

Cool, good to know... will ask for him when I call. Appreciate the help. :lol:

They are a bit monotonous...load them, shoot them, load them, shoot them, load them, shoot them, never any excitement--no FTEs, FTFs, etc. :)

Exactly. Then you stand around comparing the groups you have shot at 7 and 15 yards with the end of the barrel almost touching the target and wonder why the 1911 and revolver guys are shooting on the rifle lanes. :lol:

Guest Verbal Kint
Hmmm...my Glock 19 can shoot one hole groups at 7 yards; not every 1911 will.

Not every glock will, either. Let's be fair. :)

Whatever the case, I have never seen 1911 guys shooting "on the rifle lanes." I certainly never did when I was a 1911 guy.

While I have never done it, or even entertained the idea, I have seen 1911 and M9 operators shoot out to the 50yd line with their handguns. We even train to do so -- even in the Air Force-- if you are sidearm qualified, to shoot at those distances. Granted, at those ranges, I think the art of aiming becomes more the art of lobbing. But I've personally seen them hit all black while doing it, and about crapped myself.

Will the average Joe do it, or even likely hit the target at that range -- regardless of handgun? No. But it is possible.

EDIT: For clarification... I don't see the point of even attempting to use a handgun at a distance such as that. There's a reason why they produce handguns, and there's a reason why they produce rifles. IMO, 95% of the time, the roles of each shouldn't be mixed around.

Not every glock will, either. Let's be fair. :)

While I have never done it, or even entertained the idea, I have seen 1911 and M9 operators shoot out to the 50yd line with their handguns. We even train to do so -- even in the Air Force-- if you are sidearm qualified, to shoot at those distances. Granted, at those ranges, I think the art of aiming becomes more the art of lobbing. But I've personally seen them hit all black while doing it, and about crapped myself.

Will the average Joe do it, or even likely hit the target at that range -- regardless of handgun? No. But it is possible.

EDIT: For clarification... I don't see the point of even attempting to use a handgun at a distance such as that. There's a reason why they produce handguns, and there's a reason why they produce rifles. IMO, 95% of the time, the roles of each shouldn't be mixed around.

Agreed on all counts (even the "not every Glock will" part).

I shot at 50 yards (offhand) about a month ago--we were shooting at IDPA offical targets (for the hell of it), and while I did hit the target, you would need a yard stick to measure the "group." Years ago, I shot my Colt 1911 at 110 yards, and it was a blast (although not a very precise one). I also don't see much of a need to practice regularly at 50 yards, unless you are a Delta operator or a SWAT team member, and they would probably not take many shots at 50 yards with a handgun.

Guest Verbal Kint

While the Church service is still in session... Kimber is no longer the guest speaker. <moment of silence>

Yep... I relinquished with my Kimber about two hours ago. The FedEx guy picked up the package, and it is on it's overnight journey to it's new owner.

Not to be outdone by my brother... the Kimber's departure has helped fund my new acquisition. A Wilson Combat "Professional Model", built to my specs, has begun it's entry into the world. The next few weeks are going to be agonizingly looooong... but the end result will definitely be worth it. :)

Guest Verbal Kint
All right, maybe I missed something here; I thought you were all excited about the CDP--what changed your mind?

My now ex-CDP was awesome. Had no complaints with it at all. However... Wilson Combat vs Kimber CDP? The Kimber lost out on that one, hands down. Kimbers are really nice barely-custom 1911s... but my Wilson is a total custom job, specced with exactly what I want and don't want... without the worry of MIM/plastic parts that Kimber used (which is why they are affordable compared to the upper level 1911s).

Simply put, as much as I loved my Pro CDP II, it was nowhere near the quality of a Wilson... which is quite apparent when you look at the $1k price tag vs the $2.5k+ price tag.

Cliffnotes: Had the opportunity to step up in the 1911 food chain without killing my bank account in the process. So I jumped at the chance.

Guest Verbal Kint
Old wise men often lectures us youngsters: "You only get what you pay for." I submit that they don't know it all: If you're lucky, you get what you pay for. In my book, spending that kind of $$ on a Wilson is a risk.

I'm only out a couple hundred, ontop of the trade-in. Thus, why I jumped at the chance to own the custom WC 1911. I was lucky enough to work a deal with an awesome dealer, to score the gun next to nothing.

I would have been a total idiot to pass up the opportunity.

• Administrator

It's far better to settle for mediocrity than ever take a chance and leap toward excellence... because... you might miss.

Wait, that's the moral we're supposed to take from this thread right? Oh, sorry... I thought we were talking about plastic guns again.

:)

Guest Verbal Kint
Yeah, he's going to **** himself when he finds out the trade difference is less than 200 bones :)

:surrender:

However, it did cost my soul (got off cheap on that one, lol) and pledging my life-long business to that mecca-of-all-things-tacticool down in Winchester, TN.

That last part I was more than happy to do though. :shake: