Joined the Church of Browning today...

Guest Verbal Kint

• Administrator

Yeah, Hero Gear has this book that smells a lot like brimstone and Joe's face kind of gets a little red whenever he opens it up and adds someone's name to it on the "1911 Owners" page. It's spooky... but really freaking cool at the same time in a sort of maniacal way. :surrender:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's far better to settle for mediocrity than ever take a chance and leap toward excellence... because... you might miss.

Wait, that's the moral we're supposed to take from this thread right? Oh, sorry... I thought we were talking about plastic guns again.

:surrender:

Hmmm...my plastic gun is anything but mediocre--it's a one-holer that refuses to malfunction. BTW, I've taken the 1911 "excellence" chance and lost more than once, but I can't blame him for trying a Wilson, especially if it will only cost another $200.

Buddy, I was there with ya; I tried and tried to make 1911s work for me, but finally gave it up. The more I spent on one, the more disappointed I became. In my never-ending quest to find the perfect defensive handgun with ONE trigger pull, I reluctantly turned to Glocks about two years ago. I found out, however, that they are more accurate than I ever imagined, have just about the biggest aftermarket support, and are dirt simple to work on. You'll never hear me yell the "perfection" warcry, but they work better than anything else I've ever shot.

When he said he traded up for a Wilson, I immediately started thinking he was out another $1200-1500. A guy I shoot IDPA with has a $2600 Wilson, and it's a piece of shi...there I go again. Anyway, he really would be crazy not to trade if he only had to add $200--it's worth a shot, even to me.

:surrender:

Guest Verbal Kint
Anyway, he really would be crazy not to trade if he only had to add $200

Exactly. :shake:

However there were some stipulations... Joe had mentioned something about sticking Hero-Gear decals on all of the F-22's we have up here. :surrender:

Guest EasilyObsessed
I also don't see much of a need to practice regularly at 50 yards, unless you are a Delta operator or a SWAT team member, and they would probably not take many shots at 50 yards with a handgun.

I was in IL last week for Thanksgiving and had the opportunity to spend some time chatting with my cousins husband who is a member of the Illinois State TRT team (aka SWAT). He said they tried some 50yd pistol brain box shots and he managed 5 out of 5 :shake: FWIW...that is with a Glock 22. He said his personal gun has seen over 20k rounds without a single malfunction including lots of time spend training in the snow and rain.

Among other interesting things I learned that I found interesting...if a suspect has a hostage held in front of them but has their head exposed, and the TRT officer has an opportunity to place a headshot, they always take it. He also said that they blew through 60k rounds of Federal Tactical .223 in a weeks worth of training :surrender:

I was in IL last week for Thanksgiving and had the opportunity to spend some time chatting with my cousins husband who is a member of the Illinois State TRT team (aka SWAT). He said they tried some 50yd pistol brain box shots and he managed 5 out of 5 :) FWIW...that is with a Glock 22. He said his personal gun has seen over 20k rounds without a single malfunction including lots of time spend training in the snow and rain.

Among other interesting things I learned that I found interesting...if a suspect has a hostage held in front of them but has their head exposed, and the TRT officer has an opportunity to place a headshot, they always take it. He also said that they blew through 60k rounds of Federal Tactical .223 in a weeks worth of training :shake:

Don't be silly, plastic guns aren't capable of that kind of accuracy. :surrender:

ahhh just something that happened a few years ago. An old timer owned an old .38 pistol, kept it in his dresser. Someone was looking through the paperwork from wayyyy back when to ensure every free man was registered with the gestapo. they found out he wasn't so they went and kicked his door in and arrested the old fella. He was under the impression that he lived in a free america..like it was when he was a younger man..and didn't realize that the apratchniks had taken over.

It makes me mad thinkin bout it.

That's funny (well, not really), but this weekend at the local IDPA match, the match director's daughter was in town from Chicago; so, he set up a stage in her honor. We shot, you guessed it, an Illinois stage. In honor of IL's gun laws (gun and ammo cannot be stored in the same place--even in your own house), our IL stage began with your gun at one spot, all your mags (up to three) in another and the shooter running to one, then to the other, loading the gun, and then dealing with the targets. I knew about Chicago, but had no idea that this was statewide law in IL. That sucks! Remind me not to move to that place.

The gun and ammo being separate is just in teh Chicago and Springfield areas. The rest of the state isn't quite as whacked out, but the big metro areas sure do F it up for the rest of the state.

I lived there for the past 3 years and am glad as hell to be back in God's Country. Illinois has been overtaken by satan's people. Barrak Obama ring a bell?

In honor of IL's gun laws (gun and ammo cannot be stored in the same place--even in your own house). I knew about Chicago, but had no idea that this was statewide law in IL. That sucks! Remind me not to move to that place.

It’s not statewide. You can be loaded to the max in your own home. You just can’t carry.

I doubt that’s even the case in Chicago(except for handguns); but I don’t know that for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm only out a couple hundred, ontop of the trade-in. Thus, why I jumped at the chance to own the custom WC 1911. I was lucky enough to work a deal with an awesome dealer, to score the gun next to nothing.

I would have been a total idiot to pass up the opportunity.

You are going to love that gun, that is the best deal I have ever heard anyone getting a High end 1911 for, rest assured once you receive your Proffessional you will forget all about that Kimber and never look back. Congratulations on moving up the ladder :D

Guest Verbal Kint
You are going to love that gun, that is the best deal I have ever heard anyone getting a High end 1911 for, rest assured once you receive your Proffessional you will forget all about that Kimber and never look back. Congratulations on moving up the ladder ;)

Thanks. ;)

Still not sure of how little I'm actually paying ontop the trade, or when Wilson should be done with the build, but initial rough guesstimates were 6wks start to finish and approx $200.

Waiting on more firm answers, so I can set aside the necessary fundage... but I think the government sent my dealer out for more blackops training. :D

.... mine's not so awesome.....well I may update to trijicon sights....

Hey Now - - - All of John Moses Browning's creations are AWESOME! :lol:

I installed a Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight a couple of years ago, that is it in the photo. The Novak package had a gold bead front sight, classy looking but not that bright for when my eyes began to age. I found the front fiber optic improved by split-times back when I was shooting this BHP in IDPA.