Suggestions on digital scales..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to ask local on here, pricing digital scales and was suggested a $139 scale, anybody want to chime in on any more budget minded quality options? Thanks!!! COOP

Great post. I'm also interested in reliability. Answers anyone?

I have a Pact BBK II scale that I have been pretty happy with. I have only had it about a year though. I think I gave about $85-90 for it from Midway. It's been reliable and accurate. You might want to check Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes — MidwayUSA and read the reviews of the various digital scales they sell.

One thing about digital scales is that they are very susceptible to interference from certain things like cell phones and, as I found out the other day, my back massager. I was using my massager in my reloading room and every time I turned it on my scale went crazy.:leaving:

I have a Pact BBK II scale that I have been pretty happy with. I have only had it about a year though. I think I gave about $85-90 for it from Midway. It's been reliable and accurate. You might want to check Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes — MidwayUSA and read the reviews of the various digital scales they sell.

One thing about digital scales is that they are very susceptible to interference from certain things like cell phones and, as I found out the other day, my back massager. I was using my massager in my reloading room and every time I turned it on my scale went crazy.:leaving:

Don't you just love Midway?

I bought this one for $95

RCBS RangeMaster 750 Electronic Powder Scale 750 Grain Capacity 110 Volt - MidwayUSA

After I bought mine Enos started selling this one for $75

BrianEnos.com Electronic Digital Powder Scale

I'm interested in the Eno unit, good price and 20 year warranty!! I use his slide glide in most of my guns and very impressed!!! COOP

I can't wrap my head around using a cheap piece of made in China digital crap to meter something as important as gunpowder. I use a balance beam scale, probably made in China as well.
The PACT scales, and the RCBS models that are made by PACT(not all RCBS digitals are made by them), are made in the USA.:)
  • 3 weeks later...

on the frankford also back it up with dillon balance beam both match up right on the money never know when a digital may be off i still ck with each scale when reloading makes more nail driver shots:cool:

• 1 month later...

Frankford Arsenal DS-750 Electronic Powder Scale 750 Grain Capacity - MidwayUSA

I guess they went off sale, but I ordered one of these units Friday night, and it was $19.99 on sale. I thought "why not?" I;ve just played with it for a few minutes, but it seems pretty darned accurate! It even came with a carrying case, pan, tare weight, and batteries. I doubt it will completely replace my beam scale, but for spot checking handgun charges, it'll probably get the nod.