Suggestions on digital scales..

I have this scale and the only problem i have with it is maintaining a zero. I am constantly having to put the empty case back on there and zero it to stay accurate.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankford Arsenal DS-750 Electronic Powder Scale 750 Grain Capacity - MidwayUSA

I guess they went off sale, but I ordered one of these units Friday night, and it was $19.99 on sale. I thought "why not?" I;ve just played with it for a few minutes, but it seems pretty darned accurate! It even came with a carrying case, pan, tare weight, and batteries. I doubt it will completely replace my beam scale, but for spot checking handgun charges, it'll probably get the nod.

I bought one of these scales the other week also. Could you check your tare weight? Mine was shipped with a "50 gram" weight. This exceeds the capacity of the scale. I emailed customer service on Monday and they said it should be a 50 grain weight, they were going pull some units from inventory to check on the weights. I'd be curious what yours was. I'm still waiting to hear back from customer service.

I have the RCBS electronic scale, I've forgot how long I've had it but at least

10 years and never had a problem with it. I have a Dillion beam scale that I use also.

I use the beam the most mainly for pistol reloads. I don't bother getting the RCBS out

unless I'm doing rifle reloads.

I bought one of these scales the other week also. Could you check your tare weight? Mine was shipped with a "50 gram" weight. This exceeds the capacity of the scale. I emailed customer service on Monday and they said it should be a 50 grain weight, they were going pull some units from inventory to check on the weights. I'd be curious what yours was. I'm still waiting to hear back from customer service.

50 grams on mine. It slightly exceeds the weight limit but worked correctly. I think they meant you shouldn't try to weigh a pallet of bricks with your scale when they said not to exceed the 750 grain limit.

Frankford Arsenal DS-750 Electronic Powder Scale 750 Grain Capacity - MidwayUSA

I guess they went off sale, but I ordered one of these units Friday night, and it was $19.99 on sale. I thought "why not?" I;ve just played with it for a few minutes, but it seems pretty darned accurate! It even came with a carrying case, pan, tare weight, and batteries. I doubt it will completely replace my beam scale, but for spot checking handgun charges, it'll probably get the nod.

I have both of these. I was able to get them both when they were on sale at Midway. I find the DS-750 is better than the other. The Micro is good, but, as someone else said, you have to check zero a lot.

I bought one of these, works great for cast muzzleloader bullets, and for sorting factory/milsurp ammo.

The 50 gram weight is for calibration. Power on, press & hold "units" then add weight. "Tare" is for resetting scale to zero with the empty powder cup.

When all else fails, read the instructions! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If there is one thing I have learned from my reloading experience, and trying to do it on the cheap, is do not skimp on the scale. If you don't have much money go with a good beam scale. If you can afford it then the RCBS is top notch. I played around with buying cheap scales (digital and beam) and ended up just wasting money. After all was said and done I splurged with my tax refund and ordered a Chargemaster. The Rangemaster is the same scale that comes with the Chargemaster set, and if you find you need the powder dispenser it can be installed on the Rangmaster.