No permit for me because of OTH discharge???

Guest jake0587

Guest jake0587

Shall not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions (dishonorable discharge, bad conduct discharge or other than honorable discharge Chapter 1340-2-5-.02 (5)

This my friends is bull****. I have a cwp from florida, move here to tn and can't get a permit here? Wtf.

Oh well, I guess ill just disarm and be another victim of ------- , haha yeah eff that. Has anyone on here got a permit while having a OTH discharge from the armed forces? Or did they really mean it when they stuffed OTH in with dishonorable, and dishonorable conditions?

Yeah, so come be our pawn, and be willing to go to war for us, then when things don't work out great, were going to make you go unarmed as a civilian.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know your situation, or the date on your DD214, but there is a timeframe where you can reapply to get an honorable discharge. My brother in-law did that to pass the security check for his job. VFW and American Legion guys are the ones that helped him out.

Guest bkelm18

No offense and I don't know your circumstances, but you really have to try to not get an Honorable Discharge. I had an NJP while I was in and still got an Honorable.

It takes little effort to receive an honorable discharge. All you have to do is follow the rules and do as you're told and act responsibly. Clearly, there is more to this story we're not being told.

I see no problem with this requirement. Permits are for those that can act responsibly.

• Administrator
Incorrect behavior sucks. Consequences are what you get. Reference kwik...

True indeed. :D

This thread really seems to be poised to go downhill. Since I won't be around later to clean it up, I'm locking it now. The OP should probably take from this thread the fact that TGO's members are a little more analytical than most.

If the OP wants to resume discussions on the topic, they should start a new thread with less pissing and moaning, and more details, and design the thread such that it is a productive discussion (of some sort). Barring that, it's probably safe to say that the matter has been discussed sufficiently.

• Administrator
Did you just imply you'll go armed illegally?

FWIW, I do not see where he implied that in his post. Further, if he has a valid carry permit from another state with which Tennessee has reciprocity, he can carry here legally without a TN permit.

Please... in the future let's not post hasty conclusions that the mainstream media can use against us.