Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax
you all loved Hamilton when he brought in Bruce Pearl, he was a God when he hired Kiffen, now you all turn on him. No wonder UT is sort of laughed at outside of here. Just sayin...

I'm not turning on Hamilton, I thought he hit a home run with Kiffen as did most every one....Houston Knutt maybe ??

Guest Sgt. Joe

Not happening. He is 0ne hour away from his second home, the Augusta National. Free membership from South Carolina. 1st- Football , 2nd- Golf is his passion.:D

In response to Bluemax.....

You may well be 100% correct, but he is getting old and home is home. SC will never IMO have the ability to recruit like TN does.

I read somewhere a few years ago that the politics of SC get in his way coaching there, I didnt really understand it when I read it but he has been there long enough to have WON something but hasnt....WHY?

Then again maybe he is too old to care?....I at one time lived in Augusta (N. August SC actually) and that sure is one nice looking golf course. It isnt however somewhere you want to be during the Masters unless you are a golfer, which I am not.

Kinda like a Knoxville home game X 3....for a week.:screwy::screwy: Ya cant buy a candy bar without standing in line. So I guess that could keep him there.

Time and $$ will tell...:popcorn::popcorn:

Stinks for TN right now though...

I don't have a name to throw out there. But I think you get the best results from guys who have shown a history of winning at lower levels, lesser programs if you will.

Sort of like Pearl had a record of winning.

If I was I was Hamilton I would look at who has had success in the MAC, Conference USA and the Mountain West. There are a handful of guys who have done well. Those conferences have shown some success with coaches getting "promoted" and doing well. Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly come to mind.

Say Skip Holtz maybe. Oops, I guess I did have a name to throw out there.

This is not a good time to hire a coach there has already been allot of movement

They have to hire one fast. National signing day is less than a month away. I'm sure Kiffin will take some recruits with him. And no great player is going to sign with a school who they dont even know who the head coach is going to be. We need a coaches and we need them fast.

1. Yes, Fulmer was fiercely loyal to Tennessee, and was a man of principle.

2. Fulmer totally lost the fire in his belly (pun :D) for coaching and got at least too comfortable.....maybe even complacent.

3. Kiffin brought energy and intensity and discipline back to the team, all things that had dwindled under Fulmer's later years.

4. This appears to be a sleazy act by Kiffin.

5. Perhaps Tennessee can find a guy who will be in it for the long term and be successful. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Guest 70below

Phil may be loyal, but he couldn't coach the team out of a porta john. He had some players that carried his a$$ early on, and kept the program going, then he just lived off the recruiting of "Hey, its UT!"

Lane stinks, its a pansy move.....

Ronald McDonald would be a better choice than bringing Phil back.