Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax
From Denarius Moore's twitter (Jr. Tennessee WR)

"What happen to family, tradition. Ohh money dats right"

Sounds like the players are pissed at Kiffin too. And they have a right to be. :D

Yaa damn skippy they have a right to be pissed off, this clown come in makes promises and inspires these kids then walks away after a year ???? He needs two things, a strong lesson in ethics and a foot up his ass for effect :popcorn::drama:

How about Gary Patterson from TCU, Chris Peterson from Boise State, or Skip Holtz from ECU? All proven winners in the non-BCS conferences. Personally, I'd love to see Gruden come to Tennessee but I don't see it happening. I wouldn't even be against Mike Leach, but right now he'd be recruiting poison. I'm guessing maybe David Cutcliffe or John Chavis? They both have a lot of history at UT, assuming they left on decent terms.

Oh and I agree with whoever said that Kiffin could go fornicate himself and the equine conveyance he rode in on.:D

How about Gary Patterson from TCU, Chris Peterson from Boise State, or Skip Holtz from ECU? All proven winners in the non-BCS conferences. Personally, I'd love to see Gruden come to Tennessee but I don't see it happening. I wouldn't even be against Mike Leach, but right now he'd be recruiting poison. I'm guessing maybe David Cutcliffe or John Chavis? They both have a lot of history at UT, assuming they left on decent terms.

Oh and I agree with whoever said that Kiffin could go fornicate himself and the equine conveyance he rode in on.:D

Oh yeah . .. bring Cutcliffe home from Duke

Who the Hell wants to coach a team fans calls "the Dukies"

I hope California slides off into the ocean next week!
I don't. They deserve themselves. I do wish the NCAA would pull an SMU("death penalty") with the USC football program though. That would be priceless.:D Edited by USMCJG
Guest Bluemax

Getting Cutcliffe and Chavis back is a interesting idea. If we could only make it happen and then beat the piss out of USC ..

Guest mosinon
Phil may be loyal, but he couldn't coach the team out of a porta john. He had some players that carried his a$$ early on, and kept the program going, then he just lived off the recruiting of "Hey, its UT!"

Lane stinks, its a pansy move.....

Ronald McDonald would be a better choice than bringing Phil back.

Are you joking? I mean national Championship, undefeated year and all that. That was what, 98? Five years after Johnny got canned.

No way, Phil was the best coach for UT possible in the nineties. Yeah, he lost his fire and recruiting edge but UT was an elite program for many years.

I just don't get all the Phil hate. Was it that he didn't do enough with the talent he had? If that is the case, well, he got the the talent. Phil was a great coach by any stat you care to use.

I totally agree. F*** Mike Hamilton! He was/is in Denver while all this is going down. Kiffin might not have been the best coach, but he is one of the best recruiters in the game. He has gutted the staff and left for greener pastures. I feel like I was just punched in the face. Time to break out the JD. :popcorn:

Now you guys know how Memphis fans felt last year when that Corksucker Calipari screwed Memphis Basketball fans. Kiffin is a punk piece of :D.

Guest Memphis_Malachi

Just some fun poking and prodding but coming from a Memphis fan... You UT people just got Calapari'd Man the feeling sucks.... but look at it like this at least you have an AD that is slightly smarter than ours... wait Smokey the mascot is better than our AD.... lol.... Good luck to the Oran...... ok I still can't say it.. but you know what I wanted to say... :D

My first thought is Chris Peterson is going to get a call. But, I saw some kind of special on him this year. It looks like he has really settled into the Boise area.

I like Cutcliffe but I think he would be a mistake. Wasn't Chavis fired? I can't imagine him forgetting that so soon.

I'm thinking it is between Peterson and Skip Holtz.

Kiffen just got a big raise and a lot easier coaching job.

Guest 70below
Are you joking? I mean national Championship, undefeated year and all that. That was what, 98? Five years after Johnny got canned.

No way, Phil was the best coach for UT possible in the nineties. Yeah, he lost his fire and recruiting edge but UT was an elite program for many years.

I just don't get all the Phil hate. Was it that he didn't do enough with the talent he had? If that is the case, well, he got the the talent. Phil was a great coach by any stat you care to use.

I'm from Alaska, what do I know about UT football :D

All I know of the man is from what I've seen since I've been in TN....and maybe everyone is right about him losing fire......but I never saw a thing that impressed me and I don't believe in living in the past for someone that doesn't want to do their job and can't recruit.

This sucks. I can't believe we're in a coach search again so soon.

My wife's friend texted her and said the Tennessee coach was leaving. She mentioned it to me, and I said "She must be talking about Fisher...the Titans coach."

Nope............Lane Kiffin after ONE FREAKIN' SEASON !!!! :D

I like Cutcliffe but I think he would be a mistake. Wasn't Chavis fired? I can't imagine him forgetting that so soon.
I like Cutcliffe too, but I'd rather see a bigger name/younger guy as Tennessee's new head coach. Chavis lost his job when Fulmer was forced to step down, but I don't think he was fired directly. I think he would probably come back to Tennessee if asked. He coached here for nearly 20 years and played here before that. I'm sure he would come back if Hamilton were sent packing as Luckyforward has recommended.:D
Guest jsjracing

Well Mike Hamiltion has finally said something:

“I want to thank Coach Kiffin for his work with our program this past year,” said Men’s Athletics Director Mike Hamilton. “We have already begun a search for the new head football coach of the Tennessee Volunteers and we’ll complete this process as quickly as possible to put the right person in place to lead our great football program forward in the months and years ahead.