Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GenNBForrest
You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right. Phil Fulmer is sittin' up in Maryville tonight laughing his ass off.

And he should be!

Yea, he is laughing after a good `ol country dump!

fulmerpoopskiffin.jpg

Guest GenNBForrest
Hear Orgeron is telling the early enrollee's not to go to class tomorrow. This couldn't have come at a worse time. I hope California slides off into the ocean next week!

Yea, that's a low blow...................flush.gif

1- Fire Hamilton

2- Hire Phil as the new AD

3- Hire Chris Peterson

^^^^^^^^^

this.

I don't know if Phil has the negotiating experience needed to do the AD job but at a minimum he could be the director of football operations or something.

If nothing else, they need to temp him and send him out on the recruiting trail. He might be able to salvage a few with his settling presence.

Mark

Anyone ever truly wonder how much of his coaching prowess is his Dad and not him?

Seems UT did not write a strong enough contract.

Good Riddance to bad rubbish.

So this will set UT back, what, 2 years tops?

We were warned:

Kiffin weasels out at Tennessee, lands in Hollywood | Comcast.net

"Back in October 2007, the media jumped to call Al Davis everything from "crazy" to "senile" when the Raiders owner fired Kiffin under the most bizarre circumstances imaginable. With an overhead projector exhibiting a hand written letter he had penned to Kiffin, Davis referred to his then 32-year-old coach as a "flat-out liar" and said he was guilty of "bringing disgrace to the organization."

On June 8, 2009, the Raiders organization issued a statement about Lane Kiffin's hiring at Tennessee. The statement read: "Lane Kiffin is a flat-out liar. He lied to the team, he lied to the fans, and he lied to the media. He will try to destroy that university like he tried to destroy the Raiders."

At the time it was released, the media viewed it as nothing more than sour grapes. In hindsight, Davis was right on the money. Once a weasel, always a weasel."

they are gonna make a run at Leach.

Why is Muschamp such a hot commodity? Has he ever been a head coach?

Taking a chance on that is a real risk imho. Find someone who is a proven winner as a head coach.

Precisely why I said that "Wild Man" Mike Leach is the man for the job

personally I think they are going to take the first person they can get. Not going to be much of a proper search.

I cannot think of one person out there for who UT would be their dream job. Certainly not one who would be ideal from UT's point of view. So whoever they do get is likely to leave in circumstances similar to Kiffen quitting.

Signing day is very close, a lot of possible candidates are not going to want to make a move now after all their work where they are at.

I do not think Leach is even close to the answer.