Late night TV

Raoul

What do you think should be on late night TV?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should be on late night TV?

• Jay Leno
    • Conan O'Brien
    • Lock N' Load
    • Who cares

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand Conan.

Leno is alright.

Falon is my choice. Just something different I suppose.

It gets tiresome watching the same face with the same tired old jokes night after night.

Falon sucks on network tv. I think he would do way better on cable. He seems to be a little twisted...

Leno should have done the classy thing and just moved on as he originally agreed to, to make room for Conan. His last minute decision not to retire as planned resulted in the 9pm fiasco. WTF? 19 years wasn't long enough for him? He hasn't made enough millions? Does he really need to push Conan out? I used to really like the guy, but I've lost all respect for him.

This

I think regardless of what anyone thinks of Conan's humor, that he deserves to get what he was promised.

I also respect him for supporting the tradition of The Tonight Show in it's current time slot, and respect him even more for refusing to screw Falon into an even later time slot.

Personally, I've always liked Conan, and found Leno to be a cheesy comic who only makes safe and easy jokes.

When Carson went off air, it took the viewers a while to acclimate to Leno as well. NBC owes a little more time to Conan, at the least.

slashagree

I like Conan and Fallon.

Falon sucks on network tv. I think he would do way better on cable. He seems to be a little twisted...

+1

Fallon is total duche. Bores me to death. Absolutly no personality at all. I can't EVEN stand to listen to him interview anyone. How the hell he got on TV is behond me. I'm not even gonna mention the monolog.... OMFG he stinks!

However, Leno should have retired and givin the spot to O'Brian. If he wants to continue his career he should move to Cable. He can start his own HotRod channel.

Edited by lowbud

Fallon would be pretty good if he didn't look like a high school kid meeting a girl for the first time. He can't deliver a single, clear line to save his life. Which is sad because he seems to have good, original ideas. He just can't present them well.

Conan is a great writer but he needs more Andy on his show to balance him out. He's like an aggressive Robin Williams.

Used to like Letterman but he started getting so political and negative he grates on me now.

Leno was always better than average but nothing spectacular. A good interviewer.

Guest jackdm3

I was a teenager in the mid 80s and loved Carson and hated Dave for being sour and negative. As I changed, I came to totally understand his dry humor and fell away from the nice guy antics of Leno. I think Dave's been that way all this time.

Guest jackdm3

The latest is one reporter here suggesting that even though Leno's ratings sank horribly, Conan deserves nothing in NBC breaking his contractual agreement. $35 million sounds good and I would never set foot on an NBC lot anyway. Fox'll take him at 10:35 CST and start a real ratings war. Letterman is the victor regardless.

NBC shouldn't pay Conan O'Brien a penny Jon Friedman's Media Web - MarketWatch

Haven't cared or even watched much since Carson. I did watch the last Tonight Show that Leno did and also the 1st with Conan. I enjoyed those. I also like the shows that Leno has done about his car collection on the Discovery Channel.

Put on Carson reruns and it would suit me.

All I have to add to this is that I can't stand Letterman. I have never seen a more pompous, arrogant prick than David Letterman. He insults his guests, degrades his audience and constantly displays a holier than thou attitude. I have never understood why he is on television and will never understand why people like him.

Guest jackdm3

Cause people are in a dark place, and are open that type of humor. I'd watch it sometimes, but I like to sleep instead. Like genres of movies, they make something for everyone.

All I have to add to this is that I can't stand Letterman. I have never seen a more pompous, arrogant prick than David Letterman. He insults his guests, degrades his audience and constantly displays a holier than thou attitude. I have never understood why he is on television and will never understand why people like him.

I 100% agree. You did forget to mention the suck up nutsack warmer Paul Schaffer....If I mistakenly stop on the at channel because a guest is interesting, I immediately change it if I hear his voice/speaking, grunting, laughing, etc in the background.