Range Report RAI 1911 Compact

Mykltn

Well I took the new Rosco to the range this after noon for her maiden voyage. I started out with my full size SA 1911 to get my aim on and to have a frame of reference for comparison. It took a few mags to get accurate and use to shooting the 1911 since it hasn't been to the range in several months.

After getting comfortable with the full size, I loaded my first mag in the RIA. The target was set out about 30 feet. First round was dead center without even trying. Follow up shots stayed within 1.5 inches. This was outstanding to say the least. Never did I think it would be as accurate as the full size SA. All follow up mags at this distance achieved the same result.

Second target was moved in to about 15 feet. Five rapid fire shots all stayed within the 9 ring. By the end of the second box of ammo, the 10 ring on the target was totally shredded. Recoil was brisk but not much more than the full size government model. After 100 rounds of aluminum cased Blazer ammo, I had 0 issues. Every time I pulled the trigger, it went BANG!

Bottom Line. Great gun for a great price. Fun to shoot, easy to carry, bad

guys beware. I love this little RIA! 100_0602.jpg

Edited by Mykltn
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are killing me with all the RIA compact talk. I want the compact tactical and Bellshire is out until March.

:lol::wall:;):wall::up::wall:

buk

My RIA compact tactical came from Bellshire...last summer...it is worth the wait.

Have put about 500 rounds through it without one single problem. It's crazy accurate. :up:

For those of you looking for a RIA tactical, I feel your pain!

It's no surprise that these pistols are accurate and dependable. After all, they're made on the same machines that made pistols for the US military and to the same specifications as the old 1911's.

I think the tactical is the first twist that RIA has ever come up with, though don't quote me on that.

yup, I loves mine.

One of my favorite shooters.

They're surprisingly accurate and uber dependable for the price.

I use mine as my carry piece right behind my snubby :)

For those of you looking for a RIA tactical, I feel your pain!

It's no surprise that these pistols are accurate and dependable. After all, they're made on the same machines that made pistols for the US military and to the same specifications as the old 1911's.

I think the tactical is the first twist that RIA has ever come up with, though don't quote me on that.

:stick:

28446224.jpg

I bought one from Phil at Bellshire Hardware last year as well....It is the compact tactical model and has impressed me from the beginning. It is my first 1911 style pistol so I do not have much to compare it to, but it is accurate and has not had any failures in about 300 - 500 rounds. I did not realize they were hard to come by right now but I have heard that twice this week from different people who are in the market for one.

IMG_1575.jpg

Edited by mhm2a
speaking of which, strick, you need to clean your pistol..I can see the barrel fouling in that pistol from a mile off!!

Tsk Tsk!

remember: a clean firearm is a happy firearm!

Do I have this wrong? I thought a smoking hot firearm was a happy firearm!:death:

Nice looking little 1911, glad you like it.