Glock failure to feed - any ideas?

Guest Alpha Dog

Guest Alpha Dog

I have a Glock 32. I have a few magazines so when I shoot, I do not have to take time to reload magazines.

I have put a couple thousand rounds through it with no problems.

Now, I can't get through a magazine (any magazine) without 1 or more failure to feed.

A good smack to the bottom of the mag causes the round to chamber.

Needless to say, I'm not pleased.

I am being very conscious of my grip and do not think the problem is limp-wristing.

Any ideas from you Glock lovers out there?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failure to feed with .357sig is pretty weird considering the shape of the cartridge...

My best guesses would be worn out mag springs but don't know why it 'd happen with every mag, worn out recoil spring would be another possible cause but it's hard to wear them out, but guess the .357 kick might just do it...

You're probably just limpwristing it though :screwy:

Guest 10mm4me

Def sounds like worn out mag springs or recoil spring.Both easily replaced for less than $20.If you have put thousands of rds through this gun then this maintenance needs to be done.A .357 SIG is almost immune to jamming because a 9mm bullet is going in a .40 hole.It has to be A.your mags are worn out B.your recoil spring is FUBAR C.You are using some kinda low pressure ammo that isn't cycling the gun all the way.

Def sounds like worn out mag springs or recoil spring.Both easily replaced for less than $20.If you have put thousands of rds through this gun then this maintenance needs to be done.A .357 SIG is almost immune to jamming because a 9mm bullet is going in a .40 hole.It has to be A.your mags are worn out B.your recoil spring is FUBAR C.You are using some kinda low pressure ammo that isn't cycling the gun all the way.

I also agree, check your recoil spring by taking your magazine out, then verify your gun is unloaded, now double check that your gun is unloaded and let your slide close. Hold your Glock in your strong hand and with your weak hand push your slide back a couple inches and slowly let the slide back out, try this a couple of times to get a feel for it. Does it lock in to battery tight or does it seem a little weak right at the end before it locks? If it seems weak replace the recoil spring, if it locks tight and quickly start looking at your magazines and mag springs. Also have someone else shoot it to verify it's not the shooter. I know, but just saying? COOP

$16 shipped to Glock and they will replace every part neccessary to fix it. 2-3 week turnaround. I just got mine back and they replaced the firing pin, extractor, recoil spring, magazine,trigger assembly. Not worth fooling with it when Glock has such great service, IMO.

It could be a number of things.

Worn mag spring. (Do you keep the mags loaded at all times?)

Though possible, I just don't see all the springs going bad all at once, unless you are keeping them ALL loaded to full capacity even when not in use.

Worn recoil spring, the spring my not be causing the slide to slide forward with enough momentum to chamber the next round.

Do you have any thing attached to the bottom rail like a light?

Alot of Glock just will not function with attached devices.

The only cure is to find one of MANY Glock followers, and find one that does/might work. The .357sig follower has now been changed twice since it was introduced.

The OAL (Over All Length) of the round might be to long. This has been the case in a few failures to feed in .357 Glocks.

Your extractor could have chipped, and now has a burr on it causing the round not to

chamber correctly. Or the extractor it just plain dirty.

I hope you get it fixed soon. Good luck.

I also agree, check your recoil spring by taking your magazine out, then verify your gun is unloaded, now double check that your gun is unloaded and let your slide close. Hold your Glock in your strong hand and with your weak hand push your slide back a couple inches and slowly let the slide back out, try this a couple of times to get a feel for it. Does it lock in to battery tight or does it seem a little weak right at the end before it locks? If it seems weak replace the recoil spring, if it locks tight and quickly start looking at your magazines and mag springs. Also have someone else shoot it to verify it's not the shooter. I know, but just saying? COOP

^^^ Smart man. Read, reread and then read again the above. Then follow all directions to a tee.......:)

If you have found out it's the gun, not the mag springs, with your general round count, follow the instructions below.....:cool:

Have a good day.

$16 shipped to Glock and they will replace every part neccessary to fix it. 2-3 week turnaround. I just got mine back and they replaced the firing pin, extractor, recoil spring, magazine,trigger assembly. Not worth fooling with it when Glock has such great service, IMO.

All great advice here. I'd suggest one other thing, have someone else shoot it just to be 100% sure it is the weapon. Just as an example, I have numerous pistols but had this one that constantly shot low (imagine that :cool:). I had a competent friend shoot it and it shot fine with him. Turns out it was all me all along and was related to the larger grip and my short fingers. :)

all good stuff here, but do check the mag detents for the catch...dont know if its the same for a .357sig but my brother and i both have g19s, same gen. we also both have all 15rd factory mags, but they are different gens.. all of his look brand new and fit flush in both our guns, all of mine leave a gap in both our guns and the mag detents are wearing out, eventually i imagine they won't seat properly.

also, certain ammo really f's up my feed ramp, but your problem doesnt sound like that. being a diehard glock fan i always have a handful of spare recoil spring assemblys.:)