Glock 26 Range Report

TnTut

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday I bought a Glock26. I took it to the range Fri. and put 100 rounds through it. It's a keeper.

Congrats. They are a great thing. I EDC it's brother in the hip pocket of my dungarees or the front pocket of my khakis. A glock 33 in an Allen Miller pocket holster. Check here: Welcome to Aholster

Kind regards,

Leroy

Being that Glocks are thick, even SC or "baby" Glocks, isn't it a little much to carry in the front pocket? Just curious. I want one to replace my S&W J frame as my EDC, but thought it might be too big for pocket carry. Leroy, I carry my S&W in the Aholster pocket holster and I love it. I'm needing to find someone who has that Glock 26/Aholster combo here in Mid TN that I can check out. I'm Jonesing for a G26 though. Maybe someone can bring one out to Owl Hollow and let me take it for a test drive. :D

Edited by Shima
Being that Glocks are thick, even SC or "baby" Glocks, isn't it a little much to carry in the front pocket? Just curious. I want one to replace my S&W airweight as my EDC, but thought it might be too big for pocket carry. Leroy, I carry my S&W in the Aholster pocket holster and I love it. I'm needing to find someone who has that Glock 26/Aholster combo here in Mid TN that I can check out. I'm Jonesing for a G26 though. Maybe someone can bring one out to Owl Hollow and let me take it for a test drive. :D

Shima:_________

I am a bit rotund, about 5'8" and 300 lb. I tend to wear pleated khakis and side pocket hiking pants (like Cabela's sells) for "sunday go to meeting only"; carhartt dungarees the rest of the time. That being said; if you have a good belt (I use a Wilderness Tactical nylon); a big (around) guy can carry the baby glock (with a holster) in the front pocket no problem. I suspect that even a smaller guy can carry in the front pocket if the pants are a bit roomy. I grew up with a guy who weighed about 150 lb and ran a general store. He carried a 2 inch model 10 smith in the front pocket of his old khaki work pants all the time. There is no doubt that the best place to carry the glock isin the hip pocket with an Aholster pocket holster (for me, anyhow).

Kind regards,

Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling!!
Shima:_________

I am a bit rotund, about 5'8" and 300 lb. I tend to wear pleated khakis and side pocket hiking pants (like Cabela's sells) for "sunday go to meeting only"; carhartt dungarees the rest of the time. That being said; if you have a good belt (I use a Wilderness Tactical nylon); a big (around) guy can carry the baby glock (with a holster) in the front pocket no problem. I suspect that even a smaller guy can carry in the front pocket if the pants are a bit roomy. I grew up with a guy who weighed about 150 lb and ran a general store. He carried a 2 inch model 10 smith in the front pocket of his old khaki work pants all the time. There is no doubt that the best place to carry the glock isin the hip pocket with an Aholster pocket holster (for me, anyhow).

Kind regards,

Leroy

Only if you're wearing M.C. Hammer pants. Someone thin who don't wear overly excessive pants will have issues getting a G26 in their front posket. I can barely get my own hands in my pockets no matter the brand of jeans or dress pants I wear. My waist is 32 and I'm around 170, if it wasn't for the M-Tac, I'd be carring a Kel-Tec.

M.C Hammer pants. :D That's funny right there. I got about 70 lbs on you and tend to wear relaxed fit jeans and cargo pants with roomy pockets. As I said before, I carry my J frame revolver in the front pocket of the pants I wear now, so I'm really interested in trying the G26 and Aholster to see what the difference would be.

Guest Tn.Mitch

HPIM0659-1.jpg

My G27 in 40 cal.my EDC,in my Milt Sparks VM2...,CT laser grips.night sights,and all extenions.Congratts on your 26,im sure youll love it,,,,,its a keeper allright :cheers: